Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a week or so to get caught up . . .

- Boy, do I have alot of reading to do . . .
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
      Hey Ken, good to have you back! Where have you been?

We all started to worry about you. I am glad you're OK.

Comment

• Is there any way we could turn this into a fourm. Where the rules are a little more relax

Comment

• Welcome back, Ken!! We've missed you!!
          --Annie
          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
          Remember Yellowdog
          ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake83
            Is there any way we could turn this into a fourm. Where the rules are a little more relax
            Only a Dodger fan would ask for that.

(Just keeping it in the spirit of this thread. )
            Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
            Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
            Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
            Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by Jake83
              Is there any way we could turn this into a fourm. Where the rules are a little more relax
              Relax??? I guess this thread is as relaxed as relaxed can be... You can post al kinds of nonsense as long as you don't offend someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                Oh geez, just when I thought that this thread was safe against any Beantowners ... along comes Ken. Oh gawsh!

Anyway, make sure you read up on the part where the Mighty Yankees trounce the Red Sox. Feel free to surrender any time!

remember, only 84 more seasons 'til 2090 gets here
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Ken's Back!!!!!!!

Great! Annie, I never thought about Foulke's knees being connected with catching a running, leaping Varitek, being propelled backwards, then having everyone on the field and bench making you ground zero. It never entered my mind; as soon as I read your post, it was, of course, that's what happened.

Yankee fans, does your team have a minimum age limit of 35 or 30? Was this wrestler "Witchita Slam" hired to deal with "Don't mess with my pitchers Varitek", or "Nobody is having a fight without me Nixon"?
                  Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                  Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                    Great! Annie, I never thought about Foulke's knees being connected with catching a running, leaping Varitek, being propelled backwards, then having everyone on the field and bench making you ground zero. It never entered my mind; as soon as I read your post, it was, of course, that's what happened.

Yankee fans, does your team have a minimum age limit of 35 or 30? Was this wrestler "Witchita Slam" hired to deal with "Don't mess with my pitchers Varitek", or "Nobody is having a fight without me Nixon"?
                    Eh... What are you trying to say CB? I don't know what you mean. Probably it will say something about my IQ

Comment

• Hee Heee

I've been lucky enough to go to a few Red Sox-Yankee games. How they are different from other Red Sox games: there are more police on horses, motorcycles, bicycles, on the bench, in the bullpen. Same for Red Sox Security and ushers. The beer drinking starts early, I believe they bring hard liquor stashed in diapers on toddlers. (No, I'm not kidding.)

I've seen a security guard leap over the wall to get between Sheffield and a fan. I honestly thought Sheffield was going to paste(slug, suckerpunch, whatever)the fan. I've seen Zimmer, a bench coach go after Pedro, which ranks right up there with what I've seen at Fenway.

Of course, there have been plenty of clips and stillss and debate about Varitek "encouraging" a certain Yankee to go to first, and the incident of the slapped ball has received much debate.

If anyone interferes or disses a pitcher, Varitek is gonna do something about it. If it's Yankee, he might move a tad faster. Nixon might be way out there in right field corner land, but if a punch is thrown, he's gonna get there very fast.

In my obviously opinionated opinion, I believe Tek and Nixon are fighters. Not like the Bucyk hockey line of the 70's Bruins line, although I believe Nixon would have fit in very nicely.

Boston has been a BIG hockey city. Everybody plays hockey. I guess we just like fights. So, we are looking forward to "Witchita Slam" vs whoever.
                      Last edited by CuriousBoston; 12-07-2005, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• What-you-talkin-bout-CB?

Now then, it is customary in this thread that all Beantowners bow deeply to the Mighty Yankee fans, who happen to be rulers of the free world.

After this, you may request permission to speak, which will normally be denied. Children and Red Sawx fans will speak only when adults and Yankee fans have spoken to them.

Oh geez, her and these fights. Even her kid brother's not safe.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Speaking of Red Sox/Yankees, my father did get to see one BoSox vs. Yankees on TV a few years ago, and the starting pitchers were the two AL East rivals: Jimmy Key and Roger Clemens. It was a long game, but the Yankees emerged 8-3. When did this game occur, you ask? August 11, 1993 at Fenway Park in Beanville.

Comment

• It was his fault!!

He was stabbing me in the legs with a sparkler, I was walking downstairs with a tray, so I kicked him. I didn't know where to aim. One second later I did.

#1 Fortune cookie: Welcome change. Numbers: 16,24,37,49,5,30. #2: There is no substitute for good manners except, maybe, fast reflexes. 5,38,15,24,7,29. Hmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                              remember, only 84 more seasons 'til 2090 gets here
                              Counting the years till your next win, huh? Attaboy, keep yer chin up!
                              --Annie
                              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                              Remember Yellowdog
                              ABNY

Comment

• No hope without him . . .

Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X