This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    You are hereby being commanded by the Supreme Eminance of Superior Yankee Fandom to surrender now and throw down your bats. I hereby commandeth thou to enter Evil Empire Headquarters at the corner of 161st & River Ave in da-da-da-da ... Da Bronx, Bay-Bee, to convert to being a Yankee fan.
    If I didn't convert last August 24th(9-5 pounding by the 'Jays!)
    I won't convert now

If not, the consequences shall be gruesome, miserable, incomprehensible and you'll wonder why you didn't convert to the right team when you had a chance.
    I'll cheer on the Mets before I ever cheer on 'dem bums from the Bronx!:gt

Yeah, but by this October, you'll still be cherishing that thing much more. In fact, in the year 3018, you guys may still be talking about that also.
    Nah, I'll be looking back on the years the Yankees used to rule with laughter as the Red Sox win their 250th World Series and the Yankees finish dead last for the 700th time
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Need some facts here..

1. Boston does not surrender. While Boston and Philly were the places to be during 1760's, New York people were "in an undisclosed location", that is, hiding under their beds.

2. A Yfan thinks that Red Sox fans, without a fight, will line up to sign surrender papers. We told King George where to get off, the Ruler of the British Empire. You, on the other hand, live in Joisey.

2. Unsportsman slappy Rod, with his inflated ego, counted himself a few million times.

3.John Damon has already made one decision about meeting the Red Sox: "If there is a fight, I'm not going for Varitek."
      Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
      Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Ahhhhh, the mere peons get to squawk once every 86 years. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, how much fun will it be until 2090 rolls around? In fact, it seems right around the corner, I'd say.

Now what have we here? I do believe that things are getting back to normal.

Birds, 3; Beantown, 1

Now let us look on the DARKER SIDE of things:

EVIL EMPIRE, 11; 'Stros, 1

Interesting. Our pitching allowed far less; our hitting did a bit more. Then again, just another day in Yankee-fan land. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :gt
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Huh? What's that creaking sound?

Oh...it's Johnny's shoulder falling apart. What a dog-gone shame.
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
            Huh? What's that creaking sound?

Oh...it's Johnny's shoulder falling apart. What a dog-gone shame.
            As many times as you folks have rooted for Pedro, you're coming up with one itty bitty tendinitis thing with Damon?

Little Johnny, Red Sawx fan, born in 2005. He'll leave to be 84. Will he ever see a WS championship in his life?

Even if he lived to be 85, he'd pass on around March or so. Bahhhhhhhhh, humbug! :gt

Hiya, SoxSon!
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

As many times as you folks have rooted for Pedro, you're coming up with one itty bitty tendinitis thing with Damon?

Little Johnny, Red Sawx fan, born in 2005. He'll leave to be 84. Will he ever see a WS championship in his life?

Even if he lived to be 85, he'd pass on around March or so. Bahhhhhhhhh, humbug! :gt

Hiya, SoxSon!
              Hey, buddy!
              It's only an itty bitty tendinitis thing in March...remember that!
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Hiya, SoxSon!
                hmm yankees fans keep stating thats theres a pattern and we wont win again for 86 years, last time i checked baseball wasnt around in 1832 or atleast the world series wasnt, so how is that a pattern?

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                  hmm yankees fans keep stating thats theres a pattern and we wont win again for 86 years, last time i checked baseball wasnt around in 1832 or atleast the world series wasnt, so how is that a pattern?
                  You mean that the Peanut Gallery is allowed to talk here amongst decent Yankee fans? Where in New England is KC anyway? I thought it was Kansas City.

Code:
                  =====
                     86 years
                  Got it?

Next occurrence of Beantown WS victory = 2090.

-Ghost of da Babe
                  Originally posted by SoxSon
                  Hey, buddy!
                  It's only an itty bitty tendinitis thing in March...remember that!
                  Don't worry. He'll be a king of the hill (top dawgy) come September. Those EVIL PINSTRIPES work miracles, ya know!
                  Last edited by Mattingly; 03-16-2006, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Damon will be DL....

It's that new uniform, the vertical jailstripes, that did it. Without Nixon, without Tek, without other dirtdogs around, Damon has turned into a ballslapping Y. So, hope you have a plan B for centerfield, and leadoff.

I want to see everybody in spring training. I do see that Papi does not require spring training...I wonder if they ever found that ball...

Comment

You mean that the Peanut Gallery is allowed to talk here amongst decent Yankee fans? Where in New England is KC anyway? I thought it was Kansas City.

Code:
                      =====
                         86 years
                      Got it?

-Ghost of da Babe

Don't worry. He'll be a king of the hill (top dawgy) come September. Those EVIL PINSTRIPES work miracles, ya know!
                      peep peep peep peep

We heard a lot about miracles and the mysticism of pinstripes n the 2001 World Series. Then a fella by the name of Gonzalez came along and . . .

peep peep peep peep
                      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                        It's that new uniform, the vertical jailstripes, that did it. Without Nixon, without Tek, without other dirtdogs around, Damon has turned into a ballslapping Y. So, hope you have a plan B for centerfield, and leadoff.

I want to see everybody in spring training. I do see that Papi does not require spring training...I wonder if they ever found that ball...
                        It will be a relieving and gratifying experience. Hey, no more idiots ... even if he did coin the term himself. Never know, could be a few years of Cowboy Down in Beantown, I figure.

Plan B = Bernie, Bubba Crosby, Melky Cabrera (AAA). I'll stick with Plan A, if ya don't mind.

Now then, if Coco is no more of a breakfast cereal, one that doesn't taste very good at Fenway, will you be the one eating the red chowder? You know, the *MANHATTAN* clam chowder? The one with the *BRONX* accent.

Speaking of Ortiz' HR, did he ever finish that trot around the bases? I heard he just took himself a leisurely stroll. He'd better watch himself if he tries that against Unit. Head down and run quickly ... or else! D

Hiya, CB!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                          peep peep peep peep

We heard a lot about miracles and the mysticism of pinstripes n the 2001 World Series. Then a fella by the name of Gonzalez came along and . . .

peep peep peep peep
                          Gonzalez? Never heard of him? Juan? Luis? Couldn't have been 'portant.

Bah, humbug, never happened.

You've gotta admit, we've won more often than these Beantowners. Even despite several of them and only one of me.

Comment

• look how this thread started, and now look at the last 100 pages, I think the one thing that Yanks and Beantowners will agree on is what the biggest rivaly is.

Comment

Code:
                              =====
                                 86 years
                              Got it?

-Ghost of da Babe

yeap basic math, stuff you learn in 1st grade,Know what else you learn in 1st grade? patterns. last time i checked,if A= world series win and then B=not world series victory,A then B 86 times than another A isint a patten.hmmm you must of been abesent that day or something. And by the way the KC thing is a nickname.Where is NJ anyway? I thought it wasnt in New york
                              Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 03-17-2006, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Big Papi vs Unit?

C'mon....you really think that Unit has a chance against Ortiz? What's he gonna do, tackle Ortiz as he trots around the bases? Big Papi gonna bear hug him...squish....or else grab an arm or leg, and use him as a discus(?). Around, around, around Unit goes, where he lands, nobody knows...

Of course, he could always throw at Ortiz, but you don't want every RedSox throwing at every Y. Or every hitter hitting it back to the mound...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X