This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    One team would have to win both games for it to be meaningful.
    I think both should wear the other person's av and sig

Why not, you both lose
    Best posts ever:
    Originally posted by nymdan
    Too... much... math... head... hurts...
    Originally posted by RuthMayBond
    I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
      I think both should wear the other person's av and sig

Why not, you both lose
      Don't be silly. What do you think we are? Red Sawx fans?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Psst! Hey Blondie!

Originally posted by Mattingly
        ......Fenway Frank?

Now then, who's gonna save you guys/gals this season? Certainly not the person pictured below!

So much for Nathan's Famous...

BTW, those new batting helmets, if that's what Manny has on, are really uuuuuuuugly.
        Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
          So much for Nathan's Famous...

BTW, those new batting helmets, if that's what Manny has on, are really uuuuuuuugly.
          Hey, he's teaching Ken and SoxSon how to dress like proper Beantown gents.

Sit in the chair, get yer ugly "hair don't" and show up at game day. After that, walk into the area behind the scoreboard and come out 20 minutes later.

Hey, it's a Red Sawx thing, you wouldn't understand.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
            Hey Brad, when do the Sox and Yanks first meet? I want to propose a bet to some Yankee fan.
            I want to make a reservation for this one already.

Who wants to join? Soxson, CB and Matt of course?

Comment

Hey, he's teaching Ken and SoxSon how to dress like proper Beantown gents.

Sit in the chair, get yer ugly "hair don't" and show up at game day. After that, walk into the area behind the scoreboard and come out 20 minutes later.

Hey, it's a Red Sawx thing, you wouldn't understand.

I don't know about hair, but I'm willing to go to batting practice with him. He's also permitted to teach them Yanks some humility on the field.

Actually, he can shave his head or don a Li'l Orphan Annie for all I care...so long as he keeps mashing the ball.
              "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule

You got it, yr. You and me. 2-game series at Fenway, yes? Need both games to win. Generic avs, no sigs. 2 weeks? If it's split, nothing happens.

Deal?
                "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                  I don't know about hair, but I'm willing to go to batting practice with him. He's also permitted to teach them Yanks some humility on the field.

Actually, he can shave his head or don a Li'l Orphan Annie for all I care...so long as he keeps mashing the ball.
                  We do have humility on the field. We so humbly did a number on the A's last night, right?

Mash the ball, huh? I'll see if A-Rod can tie Manny in the grand salami category, then we'll talk. In either case, we've also got Sheff. And Giambi. And Matsui.

Oh, and don't forget ... we've also got one new and improved ex-idiot!

Hiya, SoxSon!

Comment

You got it, yr. You and me. 2-game series at Fenway, yes? Need both games to win. Generic avs, no sigs. 2 weeks? If it's split, nothing happens.

Deal?
                    What? Are we going to Fenway? You're buying me tickets? Great!! Maybe Annie, Runningshoes and CB can join us.

Comment

We do have humility on the field. We so humbly did a number on the A's last night, right?
                      Oh, Zito just rolled over for you guys. Oakland's simply setting you up for a long drop. Yah, that's the ticket.

Originally posted by Mattingly
                      Mash the ball, huh? I'll see if A-Rod can tie Manny in the grand salami category, then we'll talk. In either case, we've also got Sheff. And Giambi. And Matsui.

Oh, and don't forget ... we've also got one new and improved ex-idiot!

Hiya, SoxSon!
                      A-Rod, ShmA-Rod. What's 5 RBI in a game anyway? Grand slam? Big deal!
                      Who cares if he...ok, well, I've got nothing here.

As far as Johnny goes, every hit is a little more of a tweak in that shoulder. You know it's a timebomb! Encourage him to slide hard into second! It'll be good for him!

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
                        What? Are we going to Fenway? You're buying me tickets? Great!! Maybe Annie, Runningshoes and CB can join us.
                        Aha! A vague response. Chicken, huh?

Comment

Oh, Zito just rolled over for you guys. Oakland's simply setting you up for a long drop. Yah, that's the ticket.
                          Hey, that patient Yankee hitting of yore causes pitchers to roll over on us. We like it when guys are patient and take the walk. Now if only we could've avoided the monstrous *TWENTY-FIVE LOBs*, that would've been icing on the cake. Not to be. :o
                          A-Rod, ShmA-Rod. What's 5 RBI in a game anyway? Grand slam? Big deal!
                          Who cares if he...ok, well, I've got nothing here.

As far as Johnny goes, every hit is a little more of a tweak in that shoulder. You know it's a timebomb! Encourage him to slide hard into second! It'll be good for him!
                          Hey, Big Papi didn't have 5 ribeyes yesterday.

3 fer 7 is what li'l Johnny did for us Yankee fans yesterday. How nice, considering we're paying his overpriced salary. 13 megabuck$ for $heff, and the same for Mat$ui and Damon. Hey, may as well get the money's worth.

No sliding. Now that Ortiz doesn't have Damon to drive in anymore, we'll see if he still gets the same RBI total.

The Yankees win. THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Yankeeswin! :radio

Sing it, Frankie! Start spreadin' ... the News!

Comment

Aha! A vague response. Chicken, huh?
                            Vague response? Chicken? :grouchy :grouchy

Look at my earlier post!

Originally posted by yankees rule

Starting a cold war already? Know that you Beantowners will have no chance ( <= Soxson asking for help ) against the mighty Yankees! :gt

Comment

• Fair warning....

There is special mojo on the May 2 game, because that is my birthday...now, Monday is first day back, after a nine game road trip, starting 4/21.

The last three games of the road trip are at Devil Rays; I expect some players will still have bruises from the RS-DR meeting 4-18 to 4-20.

Matt, I can't protect you from flying objects at Fenway. With Manny and Ortiz? Surely you jest. And you would have to be at the ballpark, which means hours away from your computer, aka here. Unless you are wireless? :atthepc

Snow! Aak!
                              Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                              Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                                Matt, I can't protect you from flying objects at Fenway. With Manny and Ortiz? Surely you jest. And you would have to be at the ballpark, which means hours away from your computer, aka here. Unless you are wireless? :atthepc

Snow! Aak!
                                Well then, can ya at least protect me from the "free beer" that Y fans get poured upon us?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X