This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get back

So, who won on Patriot's Day in the most exciting game of the season so far? It wasn't the Yankees; they were observed pushing their walkers towards Toronto from the Twin Cities. You guessed it! Sweet Loretta Martin and the Fenway front-runners, of course!
    Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
      All respects off-the-field, and most respects on-the-field.
      Very good!
      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
        So, who won on Patriot's Day in the most exciting game of the season so far? It wasn't the Yankees; they were observed pushing their walkers towards Toronto from the Twin Cities. You guessed it! Sweet Loretta Martin and the Fenway front-runners, of course!
        Exactly. Although I'd give the "most exciting" title to the Friday night O's-Angels thriller.

Comment

• I agree...

Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
          Boston is just better in all respects.
          All respects; Boston, Athens of USA, even the sports athletes are educated better. Better everything...Papelbon=7

How's the ole root cellar? We bettah throw some Vitamin D pills down there. Don't forget to save and dry all the seeds. If you behave, I'll open the door to the canning shelves.
          Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
          Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
            As an onscene eyewitness I couldn't agree more
            Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
              - To be precise it all started on February 2, 2002.
              Yankeeman screwed-up my original post so I had to recreate later in 2002 . . . :atthepc
              Did you originally call it the "Bitter Rivals" or the "Bitter Rivalry"? I knew I've changed the name once, but couldn't remember which one it was.

Personally, I think that "Rivalry" seems better.

Anyway, you folks enjoy your annual April WS. In just 84 years and 6 months, you'll win the next one fer real!
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                Did you originally call it the "Bitter Rivals" or the "Bitter Rivalry"? I knew I've changed the name once, but couldn't remember which one it was.

Anyway, you folks enjoy your annual April WS. In just 84 years and 6 months, you'll win the next one fer real!
                Says the guy whose team is hovering at .500 barely in 4th place
                Best posts ever:
                Originally posted by nymdan
                Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
                  Says the guy whose team is hovering at .500 barely in 4th place
                  Says the guy who annually whoops & hollers at the April WS, only to get a reality check in May and June, like always.

Same time next year, as always?

Hiya, efin!
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Says the guy who annually whoops & hollers at the April WS, only to get a reality check in May and June, like always.

Same time next year, as always?

Hiya, efin!
                    Can't be me, I've only been here since last May(May 22nd or so to be exact)
                    Best posts ever:

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
                      Can't be me, I've only been here since last May(May 22nd or so to be exact)
                      So you've only been a Beantowner since May 2005 or you've only been here since May 2005?

When you arrived, your golden plaque from the prior April was already won.

Get used to the real world. Every single year I've been here, I've said that you folks win the April WS. In the past, there was the expected "June Swoon", so the Yanks will have to work harder. It's not as easy as before, but still very doable.

Let's see how well you folks do against teams other than Tampa Bay. If it takes the mighty and Invicible Yankees to do it, so be it!

We shall *NOT* lose to the Sawx.

Comment

So you've only been a Beantowner since May 2005 or you've only been here since May 2005?

When you arrived, your golden plaque from the prior April was already won.

Get used to the real world. Every single year I've been here, I've said that you folks win the April WS. In the past, there was the expected "June Swoon", so the Yanks will have to work harder. It's not as easy as before, but still very doable.

Let's see how well you folks do against teams other than Tampa Bay. If it takes the mighty and Invicible Yankees to do it, so be it!

There's a line here, Mattingly, between those Boston fans registered pre-2004 WS and those after it. There's always a hint of "bandwagon" suspicion about those who joined later. Actually, when I signed up, there didn't look like there was a chance in you-know-where of us winning it all.

So...you give Boston 'til June to win, eh? Then what? You'll sic your junkyard dog on us? Would that dog go by the initials RJ? Also, who's been beating up on KC?
                        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Join date of May 22nd or so of 2005. Been a Greater Bostonian since Dec. 17th 1982.

Against teams other than Tampa Bay???
                          Like Toronto, Texas, Baltimore, and Seattle???

Yeah, not like those teams are doing good

Those that the Sox play are still doing better than KC, Anaheim, Oakland, and Minnesota in the standings
                          Best posts ever:

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                            There's a line here, Mattingly, between those Boston fans registered pre-2004 WS and those after it. There's always a hint of "bandwagon" suspicion about those who joined later. Actually, when I signed up, there didn't look like there was a chance in you-know-where of us winning it all.

So...you give Boston 'til June to win, eh? Then what? You'll sic your junkyard dog on us? Would that dog go by the initials RJ? Also, who's been beating up on KC?
                            All depends. Join date of a board and join date of a team's fanship seem to be two different things.

I've known people who can't type for beans, so they know lots, but won't post.

As to June, you'll either compete or you'll swoon. One makes the job easier as to winning the AL East; the other makes it tougher, better prepping us for the Central and West teams.

So since this is the 5th anniversary of the wonderful 2001 season Boston had, we'll see you folks around September, may Happy September 2001 to ya!

Hiya, SoxSon!
                            Originally posted by efin98
                            Join date of May 22nd or so of 2005. Been a Greater Bostonian since Dec. 17th 1982.

Like Toronto, Texas, Baltimore, and Seattle???

Yeah, not like those teams are doing good

Those that the Sox play are still doing better than KC, Anaheim, Oakland, and Minnesota in the standings
                            Yeah, and Atlanta is lower in the standings than the 1st place Mets, but still beat them 2 out of 3, like they usually do with the Mets.

Now I wonder which team has often beaten Boston? One that's in the same division that they are? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... I can't think of the name right now. Can you uhhhhhhhh, help me out a little bit? :gt

Comment

All depends. Join date of a board and join date of a team's fanship seem to be two different things.

I've known people who can't type for beans, so they know lots, but won't post.
                              This person joined Red Sox Nation in July of 1990. Have been the nagging back seat driver yelling at the band wagon folks since that date(don't believe me? Take a look at the Red Sox forum )

As to June, you'll either compete or you'll swoon. One makes the job easier as to winning the AL East; the other makes it tougher, better prepping us for the Central and West teams.
                              You mean the teams that give New York a hard time every year(Minnisota and Anaheim)?

Your team will need all of the help you can get against those teams

So since this is the 5th anniversary of the wonderful 2001 season Boston had, we'll see you folks around September, may Happy September 2001 to ya!

Hiya, SoxSon!
                              Ah yes, the year New York lost to Arizona in the last 9th inning of game seven of the World Series

Yeah, and Atlanta is lower in the standings than the 1st place Mets, but still beat them 2 out of 3, like they usually do with the Mets.
                              Atlanta has key players injured and more than their fair share of young players, taking 2 of 3 is about the only thing going good for them right now.

Now I wonder which team has often beaten Boston? One that's in the same division that they are? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... I can't think of the name right now. Can you uhhhhhhhh, help me out a little bit? :gt
                              It ain't your team, it's actually Baltimore(seriously)
                              Last edited by efin98; 04-20-2006, 04:14 PM.
                              Best posts ever:

Comment

My original title was "Your Most Bitter Rivalry"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X