Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mattingly
    How the heck did the Tiger fans get in here? Who've they beaten? Isn't Detroit more famous for Motown, which left town about 30 years ago?
    Lets try this crazy comment on each point you love so much Donnie baseball. Motown left??? Which the music (that was 20 years ago, I'll have you know) or the car companies (which are still here in name at least, we even still make a few cars in the area).

    Originally posted by mattingly
    Doesn't matter, Beantown will have to prove that they can do it more than once every 86 years. The Yanks have done that quite a few times, including recently. We're not the ones who had an awful century (and a *LONG* century that was).
    See thats my point you cant drop that anymore. THEY JUST WON ONE. besides before the 86 years they won what 6? NY yankees 0.

    Originally posted by mattingly
    Sometimes I really wonder what the whole rivalry thing is all about. Like with the Mets, you've gotta have your opponent win more than just once under crazy circumstances. If a lion and tiger were to fight, both would beat the other on different occasions. When the Yanks and Red Sox play meaningful games, the vast majority of times the Yanks win.
    Lion and Tiger fighting...hmmm I think Dmitri Young could beat the hell out of Jason Hansen, however Shaun Rogers would kick Placido Palancos butt.

    Its the Yankees and their fans that made me root for the RedSox. That and the fact me gramps is a life long Sox fan and they won one for him to still be around to see...too bad he doesnt remember all that well anymore.

    BTW- you're pretty confrontational for a moderator Mattingly......
    Last edited by tigers527; 04-29-2006, 09:31 PM.

    Comment


    • Ya, B U T . . .

      Originally posted by CuriousBoston
      THAT IMPLIES THAT WHAT HE DID IS SOMETHING A WOMAN WOULD DO. WHAT HE DID WAS PANICKY, OR UNSPORTSWOMANLIKE, OR BOTH.
      SHAME ON YOU!!!
      All that maybe true,
      but it should be noted that even though panicking, he never dropped his purse . . .

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly
        When the Yanks and Red Sox play meaningful games, the vast majority of times the Yanks win.
        - Ok, here we go.

        Please qualify your statement.
        "The Yankees win the vast majority of meaningful games against Boston?"* -
        Explain your version of 'vast majority'.
        *My memory is probably not as good as yours'. But, just off the top of my head, the most recent "meaningful games" I seem to recall is the last 4 games the two teams met in the playoffs . . .
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KenFougere; 04-30-2006, 12:18 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by efin98
          Would try Satan but I think he would be insulted
          - Satan insulted? Not really. Doesn't he live in the Bronx anyway? -



          {Post #1900}
          Last edited by KenFougere; 04-30-2006, 04:56 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tigers527

            BTW- you're pretty confrontational for a moderator Mattingly......
            This is the Bitter Rivals thread, Tigers. Over 220 pages full of laughable smack. You must enter this thread with a sense of humor. It's one of the few places on the boards where this is allowed. You have to take this thread in the spirit in which it's intended. It's all in fun. D'you think I'd take it Matt called us Sox fans "Beantown loserboys and losergirls" outside this thread? Of course I wouldn't... but in here, you just dish it right back.
            --Annie
            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
            Remember Yellowdog
            ABNY

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KenFougere
              - Satan insulted? Not really. Doesn't he live in the Bronx anyway? -



              {Post #1900}
              Congrats on #1900, Ken!

              I love those little devil smilies....
              --Annie
              Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
              Remember Yellowdog
              ABNY

              Comment


              • Where do you get those smilies anyways?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KenFougere
                  - Ok, here we go.

                  Please qualify your statement.
                  "The Yankees win the vast majority of meaningful games against Boston?"* -
                  Explain your version of 'vast majority'.
                  *My memory is probably not as good as yours'. But, just off the top of my head, the most recent "meaningful games" I seem to recall is the last 4 games the two teams met in the playoffs . . .
                  Let's see.

                  Does 1978 ring a bell? Does 1999 meaning anything? Does 2003 mean anything?

                  2004 is merely one of a large group.
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                  Comment


                  • Any AV or SIG wagers on tomorrow's game, mattingly?How bout if the soxs win(or rather:when the soxs win ) You have to put: Damon is a momma's boy. in your sig for one week,and if the yanks win I have to put Coco is a momma's boy for a week.Deal?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tigers527
                      Lets try this crazy comment on each point you love so much Donnie baseball. Motown left??? Which the music (that was 20 years ago, I'll have you know) or the car companies (which are still here in name at least, we even still make a few cars in the area).
                      Motown the music company. Berry Gordy, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder. They left the City of Detroit, MI about 30 years ago, right?

                      As to the automobile industry, that's not something I'm worrying about. "Motown" = "Motor Town", aka, "Motor City".
                      See thats my point you cant drop that anymore. THEY JUST WON ONE. besides before the 86 years they won what 6? NY yankees 0.
                      Yeah, but they've been forever the losers of the rivalry. I give myself free reign on dropping that one. Let's see ya take it away from me!
                      Lion and Tiger fighting...hmmm I think Dmitri Young could beat the hell out of Jason Hansen, however Shaun Rogers would kick Placido Palancos butt.
                      Yeah, but anyone from the WWF would break them like twigs, like they were pencil-necked geeks.
                      Its the Yankees and their fans that made me root for the RedSox. That and the fact me gramps is a life long Sox fan and they won one for him to still be around to see...too bad he doesnt remember all that well anymore.
                      Happy for your Grandpa. Well, not too happy, per the team.

                      Anyway, there's an old Yankee fan joke that Ted Williams was born in 1918, but never lived to see 2004. Yeah, remarkable, ain't it.

                      Cruel joke, but there have been millions of New Englanders who've never seen both series, were born after the prior one, died before the last.
                      BTW- you're pretty confrontational for a moderator Mattingly......
                      Nahhhhhh. This thread's got an edge. You've gotta learn it. When in Rome, do as the Romans do is the common figure of speech. We're allowed to rag on each other here, so it's a different mindset. One that I've quickly adopted to. I go from posting, opining on topics to having fun here. Read back a few pages, but the zinging and banter can get a little pointed at times, depending upon people's moods.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by kckid2599
                        Any AV or SIG wagers on tomorrow's game, mattingly?How bout if the soxs win(or rather:when the soxs win ) You have to put: Damon is a momma's boy. in your sig for one week,and if the yanks win I have to put Coco is a momma's boy for a week.Deal?
                        I'll bet only with Ken Fougere here. He's long been my betting partner, as well as the thread starter. He's also my sparring partner (punching bag, could I say?) here.

                        Speaking of which, we need some Yanks and Sawx fantasizers to bet on the 2-gamer. It'll be a week for the loser (despite the 2-game series, tho it's usually for a 3- or 4-gamer). If a sweep, it'll be 2 weeks.

                        Them's the rules, folks. All avs and sigs must be PG, and don't make the sig text *TOO* embarrassing.
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mattingly
                          I'll bet only with Ken Fougere here. He's long been my betting partner, as well as the thread starter. He's also my sparring partner (punching bag, could I say?) here.

                          Speaking of which, we need some Yanks and Sawx fantasizers to bet on the 2-gamer. It'll be a week for the loser (despite the 2-game series, tho it's usually for a 3- or 4-gamer). If a sweep, it'll be 2 weeks.

                          Them's the rules, folks. All avs and sigs must be PG, and don't make the sig text *TOO* embarrassing.
                          Ok,he's too scared ,but I'm feeling lucky:gt , any other yankee fans,(if there are any other yankee fans in here) wanna bet?

                          Comment


                          • kc:

                            I'm getting some Yankee fans here to wager avs & sigs. We'll see who replies. Only those done prior to the game's start will count. No editing of posts allowed when betting. If needed, put your bet post into a separate one from anything else, since if you edit a post with something else, that could void your bet, even if you won.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                            Comment


                            • I'm new, but I'm up for something
                              "It ain't over 'til it's over" - Yogi

                              Comment


                              • I bet with Soxson.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X