Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey that bin of looney's on yawkey way is hosting a baseball game,and it turns out the king of the loonies are kicking some serious butt:gt

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
      Hey that bin of looney's on yawkey way is hosting a baseball game,and it turns out the king of the loonies are kicking some serious butt:gt
      You mean they've let Ken out of Bellevue?

Or would this be their favorite guy out in LF just being himself again?

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
        Oh, you mean idiots in general? Hmmmmmmmmmm, lemme think ...

Would said idiots go by the names efin98, KenFougere, CuriousBoston and SoxSon? Or should we place kckid into the fold also?

*grinning, ducking and running very, very fast!*
        Ouch!!! I walked right into that one!!!
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by efin98
          Ouch!!! I walked right into that one!!!
          No problem. Up in da Bronx, we love to do that kinda stuff!

Now then, as yourself and li'l Ken go beddy bye, which nightmares do you think about? Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder!

Last edited by Mattingly; 05-08-2006, 05:18 PM.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• To add to the wonders of the rivalry, here's something for li'l Ken when he's finally awoken.

Comment

• New York Post endorcing Violence?

Check out Mike Vaccaro's piece on the back page of the post today!

IT'S ABOUT TIME THE BOMBERS DROP DAVID

THE Yankees have to droppy Papi. They need to brush the beast back. They need to pick out one of David Ortiz' chins and let a little music dance across the whiskers. And they need to do this immediately. Across the next three days, Randy Johnson, Mike Mussina and Shawn Chacon will each get three or four shots to put Ortiz on notice that, on behalf of the entire Yankee pitching staff, they are mad as hell. .......
              http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/63546.htm

Droppy Papi?!? Vaccaro writes worse rhymes than Snow.
              Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ESPNFan
                Check out Mike Vaccaro's piece on the back page of the post today!

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/63546.htm

Actually, the thought of having Ortiz eat some dust has been much debated amongst Yankee fans. He's killed us, but we haven't made him dive backwards, fall on his sizeable glutes, skip rope or anything. He just bears into the inside part of the plate like he owns out and our guys just dutifully pitch to him.

Lacking Roger Clemens and David Wells, it's up to Randy Johnson tonight. He's had good success against Ortiz, and I do believe (or so I can only hope) that he'll give the big guy a little "message pitch" tonight.

Now then, the Beantowners out here have two choices:

(1) bet avs and sigs to the Yankee fans whose team will trounce you all pitifully and mercilessly (and said fans who will make fun of you here at BBF);

(2) give up and put your hands up as you waive the white flags.

Now then, please pick your poison!

A few articles, with the first being authored by Rick Sutcliffe:

Beckett provides stabilizing force for Red Sox
                I've gotten to know Josh Beckett the last few years. He's a little different in that he's not going to get caught up in all the hype -- good or bad -- that's said about him.

Getting Beckett was a huge move by the Red Sox, because they now have two pitchers on their staff who are throwing the ball really well. (Both Beckett in 2003 and Curt Schilling in 2001 won World Series MVP awards while facing the Yankees.)

I remember Padres manager Bruce Bochy telling me something a long time ago, and it's so true as it pertains to Beckett: When you have a player with a track record of succeeding, you don't worry about him. That sums up Beckett. He's only 25 years old, but when you need to win a ballgame, he's a pretty good pitcher to hand the ball to.

(Remember, in Game 6 of the 2003 World Series, Beckett went on three days' rest. The numbers historically don't favor a pitcher on three days' rest. I did that game for MLB International and how well Beckett was going to pitch was suspect to every one of us. Turns out, he could have pitched 15 innings that night and the Yankees weren't going to score. He was that dominant.)
                A Marquee Matchup (but Don't Tell Johnson)
                There are few scenarios that seem to excite Randy Johnson anymore. To borrow a line from U2, there's nothing you can throw at him that he hasn't already heard.

There was a game in Seattle last season, when he faced the phenom Félix Hernández and relished the matchup and the setting in his former baseball home. But do not expect Johnson to embrace tonight's tantalizing marquee at Yankee Stadium:

For the Yankees, Johnson. For the Boston Red Sox, Josh Beckett.

They were the winning pitchers in the clinching games of the past two World Series the Yankees played: Johnson for Arizona in 2001, Beckett for Florida in 2003. Beckett is facing the Yankees for the first time since then, and Johnson is renewing his acquaintance with the Red Sox, a team he beat five times last season.

"You know one thing going in," Yankees Manager Joe Torre said. "If we haven't sold all the tickets by now, it's worth buying one."
                Last edited by Mattingly; 05-09-2006, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• I'll take on any bets with Yankees fans, doesn't have to be limited to BC498 like the last time I bet...

Come on, don't be shy
                  Best posts ever:
                  Originally posted by nymdan
                  Too... much... math... head... hurts...
                  Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                  I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

Comment

• Ken and I are already betting, per our PM. efin, send a PM to YR or someone like that. Only about 4 hours before gametime.

1 week for the 3-gamer series; 2 weeks for a sweep. Avs & sigs, all must be PG-13.

If only 2 games are played, then 1 week for the sweep. If 2 games are played and there's a split, we all remain clothed as regularly.

Comment

Actually, the thought of having Ortiz eat some dust has been much debated amongst Yankee fans. He's killed us, but we haven't made him dive backwards, fall on his sizeable glutes, skip rope or anything. He just bears into the inside part of the plate like he owns out and our guys just dutifully pitch to him.

I really pity the Yankees pitcher who throws at Ortiz.
                      Anyone who sees him as some kind of "gentle giant" is in for a rude awakening. Never mind the fastball...it's going to be Johnson who ends up in the upper deck.
                      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                        I really pity the Yankees pitcher who throws at Ortiz.
                        Anyone who sees him as some kind of "gentle giant" is in for a rude awakening. Never mind the fastball...it's going to be Johnson who ends up in the upper deck.
                        I didn't say to bean him. I mean to put him on his sizeable glutes. Make him do a skip and a jump sometimes, the way Bob Gibson would. Either that or high & inside when nobody's lookin'.

So glad I'm all alone in that idea.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THE BOMBERS DROP DAVID--PAPIPOWER VS. THE PINSTRIPES
                        May 9, 2006 -- THE Yankees have to droppy Papi. They need to brush the beast back. They need to pick out one of David Ortiz' chins and let a little music dance across the whiskers. And they need to do this immediately. Across the next three days, Randy Johnson, Mike Mussina and Shawn Chacon will each get three or four shots to put Ortiz on notice that, on behalf of the entire Yankee pitching staff, they are mad as hell.

And they aren't going to take it any more.

It's been three-plus years now, and it's time. Look, Ortiz has battered and butchered American League pitching of every stripe, rank and pedigree, despite the 1 for his last 20 funk that he brings to Yankee Stadium tonight. He has emerged, for now and for the foreseeable future, as one of the four or five elite hitters on the planet, a scourge at any time, an absolute nightmare with men on base, and a calamity waiting to happen in the late innings of a close game.

And in The Bronx, he is otherworldly. In his career he's walked to the plate at Yankee Stadium 129 times. He's hit .326 with 11 homers and 21 RBIs; for kicks, if you pro-rate that over 162 games you're merely talking about 66 homers and 126 RBIs. It may be the House that Ruth Built, but it's now Papi's Place, belonging to the Red Sox star far more than any individual Yankee right now.
                        Last edited by Mattingly; 05-09-2006, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• In other news,from a more reliable source than the New York Post (onion sports):
                          Johnny Damon Probably Thinking About Starting A Band
                          May 4, 2006 | Onion Sports

NEW YORK—According to sources close to the eccentric Yankee centerfielder, Johnny Damon is in all likelihood considering getting together with a few of his teammates and forming a band. "He's probably already making flyers to hang in the clubhouse in search of someone who can play drums or 'a mean bass,' and he's almost certainly thinking about approaching [classically trained guitarist] Bernie Williams to ask if he'd like to jam sometime," said former Red Sox teammate Jason Varitek, who recalled Damon's attempt last summer to organize a team-wide Texas Hold 'Em tournament. "If I know Johnny, he's currently brainstorming band names, which he's likely narrowed down to The Yankee Clippers, Hit & Run, O.P.S., and Johnny D. And The Pinstripers." The suspicion voiced by Varitek and countless others regarding Damon's interest in starting a band was basically confirmed Monday, when Damon suggested that the Yankees trade for Reds pitcher and recording artist Bronson Arroyo.
                          yup that fools one sucka MC.

Comment

I didn't say to bean him. I mean to put him on his sizeable glutes. Make him do a skip and a jump sometimes, the way Bob Gibson would. Either that or high & inside when nobody's lookin'.

So glad I'm all alone in that idea.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THE BOMBERS DROP DAVID--PAPIPOWER VS. THE PINSTRIPES
                            No just play some chin music, so he can join Johnny Damon in his band.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees rule
                              No just play some chin music, so he can join Johnny Damon in his band.
                              If you asked me (not that anyone really listens), he'd be great if he has a bellowing voice and upon being sat down on his massive back seat, said as the opening credit for the song, "I'm mad as heck and I can't take it anymore!"

If his voice is truly angry, I may just tiptoe around this thread. Of course, to be truly evil, he'd need a Darth Vader voice. Only those historic pinstripes would allow ones voice to wreak such sheer havoc and fear amonst New Englanders!

Comment

• I thought Damon was starting a band?It seems the other way around tonight,because we're beating the yanks like a drum 11-3 in the 6th.I don't think we'll be hearing the word "DA" used tonight:gt

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X