Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I remeber a couple of pessimistic Boston fans earlier this year. This should be a season to forget very soon. Look where they are now.

    Comment


    • Hey I was just cruising the net and I found a really odd entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melky




      Melky (mĕl kē)
      adj. Slang

      1. Of inferior or mediocre defensive quality or value.

      Example: "During tonights game it was odd to see A-Rod playing such a melky third base."


      Who Knew?
      ESPNFan
      Registered User
      Last edited by ESPNFan; 05-10-2006, 12:08 AM.
      Get out the Vote!!!

      Comment


      • Did someone secretly replace the Yankees with the Trenton Thunder?

        They were playing like a bunch of AA guys out there!!!
        Best posts ever:
        Originally posted by nymdan
        Too... much... math... head... hurts...
        Originally posted by RuthMayBond
        I understand, I lost all my marbles years ago

        Comment


        • Originally posted by efin98
          Did someone secretly replace the Yankees with the Trenton Thunder?

          They were playing like a bunch of AA guys out there!!!
          Last night or tonight?Oh wait,there playing the same way :gt
          the red dawn is here


          EDIT:Luck....pure luck.....
          Williamsburg2599
          Registered User
          Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 05-10-2006, 07:12 PM.

          Comment


          • Great catch by Jeter, tough throw though . . .

            What's Matsui's condition?
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KenFougere
              Great catch by Jeter, tough throw though . . .

              What's Matsui's condition?
              *BONK*

              Where'd you come from? Hiding in the corner somewhere?

              Here's the thing on Matsui: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...orts-headlines
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

              Comment


              • Two of three!
                Wakefield, Timlin and Jonathan Papelbon (S,13) came through big . . .
                Ken Fougère

                Comment


                • Originally posted by KenFougere
                  Wakefield, Timlin and Jonathan Papelbon (S,13) came through big . . .
                  Those two runs when Jeter dropped the ball proved harmful.

                  Booooooooooo, and same to Randy Johnson when he coughed up the game.

                  Bahhhhhhhhhhhh humbug! You folks didn't deserve it!
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                  Comment


                  • RED definitely becomes you, Matt!

                    Perhaps the SOX can help you wear it for the entire 2006 season!

                    c.

                    Comment


                    • I was gonna say that, Deb, but you beat me to it!

                      Nice av, Matt. Very nice.
                      ------
                      I do want to add that I'm very sorry Matsui got hurt. I hate it when guys get hurt playing The Game.
                      VTSoxFan
                      Ever Hopeful BoSox Mod
                      Last edited by VTSoxFan; 05-12-2006, 01:27 PM.
                      --Annie
                      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                      Remember Yellowdog
                      ABNY

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mattingly
                        That's the way we generally do things. If for a different opponent, I'm not too sure. Optional, but mandatory.

                        Since the Yanks consider both Boston and Mets games to be "premium" (whatever that means re seat prices), then that should be standard when betting against fans of those teams here.

                        Ken and I have a bet going, so it'll be avs & sigs, both PG-rated, of course.

                        Hey, just one more loon in the looney bin, as far as I'm concerned.
                        I beat Yankee Legend in a bet earlier this season, but since it was just one game, I decided to let him pick the sig.

                        I'm offended that you added kckid but forgot me.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MapleSyrupMan
                          I beat Yankee Legend in a bet earlier this season, but since it was just one game, I decided to let him pick the sig.

                          I'm offended that you added kckid but forgot me.
                          In that case, you can wear a Yankee av. Just becuz ...
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DODGER DEB
                            RED definitely becomes you, Matt!

                            Perhaps the SOX can help you wear it for the entire 2006 season!

                            c.
                            Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                            I was gonna say that, Deb, but you beat me to it!

                            Nice av, Matt. Very nice.
                            ------
                            I do want to add that I'm very sorry Matsui got hurt. I hate it when guys get hurt playing The Game.
                            Oh geez, even my buddies (even though they're really from the Peanut Gallery, but nobody's reading this) are on my case. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

                            Now then, when does life begin and the Yanks beat the Sawx once again?

                            It ain't fair, folks! It ain't fair!
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                            Comment


                            • Beat me to this one, VTSoxFan!

                              Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                              .....
                              I do want to add that I'm very sorry Matsui got hurt. I hate it when guys get hurt playing The Game.
                              It wasn't just a sprain, either, it was a full blown fracture requiring surgery to repair. Get well soon, Matsui!:radio What makes it even more painful is that he has been mega Godzilla since he landed in NYC, playing in 518 straight games = three full seasons+ 32, not counting all those consecutive post-season games (not sure how many) MLB record for most consecutive games to start a career.
                              Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by trosmok
                                It wasn't just a sprain, either, it was a full blown fracture requiring surgery to repair. Get well soon, Matsui!:radio What makes it even more painful is that he has been mega Godzilla since he landed in NYC, playing in 518 straight games = three full seasons+ 32, not counting all those consecutive post-season games (not sure how many) MLB record for most consecutive games to start a career.
                                Even though Im a sox fan,I think its marlarky that that doesn't count as a game played,even though he won't be back next game.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X