X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baseball Guru
    After that choke job, I should just conceed victory and use your avatar
    Unfortunately for you guys/gals, Billy Wagner totally collapsed. When Robinson Cano gets an RBI hit, that's no shame. Similar to David Wright's yesterday.

Still, when you walk the non-hitting Kelly Stinnett, whose sole purpose with the Yanks is to catch Randy Johnson, and if Posada hadn't been banged up, wouldn't have bat, then that seems questionable. Especially when that walks in a run. Bernie's being hit allowed another. Thinking of getting 2 runs of Wagner was difficult after Friday. 4 seemed like my wildest dream. A win was beyond imagination.

That's why the game with Randy Johnson was so important. Now it's up to the rubber match. Could be decided later who's actually pitching on our side. Unless the Yanks call someone up (which I doubt they'd put into such an important game), it'll be southpaw great, Tom Glavine vs Aaron Small.

Anyway, if you're so enamored of the Yankee av, please feel free to wear it anyway. Or perhaps an extra day, if things go right!

Start spreadin' the news! Sing it, Frankie!
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      Anyway, if you're so enamored of the Yankee av, please feel free to wear it anyway. Or perhaps an extra day, if things go right!

Start spreadin' the news! Sing it, Frankie!
      :radio

lol
      "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
      ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

:radio

lol
        If only larger avs were allowed ... much larger ...

Please see the gallery: http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...gallery/daddy/
        Last edited by Mattingly; 05-21-2006, 09:23 AM.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

If only larger avs were allowed ... much larger ...

Please see the gallery: http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...gallery/daddy/
          By the way,who won that series? I think the apporite question is,whos your papi?

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
            By the way,who won that series? I think the apporite question is,whos your papi?
            *BONK*!

Now then, any signs of intelligent life out there who can remember the better and more meaningful 86 years in baseball history?

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
              Yes I think These pictures are far more relevant.

LOL Manny with the greatest post-championship commentary since Larry Bird detailed the dietary suppliments of Moses Malone.
              Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

• Que up Liza!!!!!

Meet the Mets!!!! Greet the Mets!!!! Its great that the yanks can't defeat the Mets!!!!
                Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ESPNFan
                  Yes I think These pictures are far more relevant.
                  Oh geez, the "choke" thing. Man, that's my least favorite word. Should've been the other way around. If so, the Beantowners would've never have forgiven us had we used this here.

Now then, I'll trade Unit for Beckett from you, and A-Rod for David Wright from Baseball Guru. Either that or Mike Lowell from you.

I refuse to bet in any series where Randy Johnson pitches. Until Alex Rodriguez can stop hitting into double plays, especially when Jeter is on 1B, I'm going to scream loudly but nobody will notice. We'll have to figure out a way for Jeter to steal 2B before Alex is allowed to put the ball into play. Either that or just bunt or ground out to 1B or something.

Comment

I refuse to bet in any series where Randy Johnson pitches. Until Alex Rodriguez can stop hitting into double plays, especially when Jeter is on 1B, I'm going to scream loudly but nobody will notice. We'll have to figure out a way for Jeter to steal 2B before Alex is allowed to put the ball into play. Either that or just bunt or ground out to 1B or something.

So, speaking of betting, did we bet just the avatar or avatar, sig and title?

Feel free to snag my avatar as well as it is snazzy

:gt
                    "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
                    ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

sigpic

Comment

Guru and the Mets own me!

Your signature, (sniff) brings a tear to my eye

~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

sigpic

Comment

So, speaking of betting, did we bet just the avatar or avatar, sig and title?

Feel free to snag my avatar as well as it is snazzy

:gt
                        Oh geez, he hates me!

Av & sig only. I've never bet sig title, even in the WS. "Sandman", the last Mets Mod killed me in the 2003 WS. For 8 weeks, too.

*Makes this "BE KIND TO YANKEE FANS" Week*

Now how'd I become a walking neon sign? Sheesh! :o h
                        Last edited by Mattingly; 05-22-2006, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Now how'd I become a walking neon sign? Sheesh! :o h
                          I dunno, I think your posts look pretty snazzy

Feel free to use them as long as you want
                          ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

sigpic

Comment

• The Chameleon is back!

Originally posted by Baseball Guru
                            Hmm, who is the current victim?? Could it be the Yankees fan that sports Red Sox as his avatar and 2 of the greatest Red Sox in Williams and Yaz in beautiful, big, bold, red letters in his sig?

hehe
                            You have to understand that Matt seldom has the same av & sig for more than two weeks in a row.

So don't blink . . . or you'll miss his next one!

Comment

• Rubber game tonight

Originally posted by Mattingly
                              Oh geez,.....
                              I refuse to bet in any series where Randy Johnson pitches. Until Alex Rodriguez can stop hitting into double plays, especially when Jeter is on 1B, I'm going to scream loudly...
                              In space, no one can hear you scream, especially if you are wearing those gawdawful NY Mutts pajamas.

Johnson should last more than his usual three innings tonight, but if not, better hope Alex gets more hits like in last night's seventh inning, instead of those gidp, or one-run HRs when the team is down by five.
                              Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
                                In space, no one can hear you scream, especially if you are wearing those gawdawful NY Mutts pajamas.

Johnson should last more than his usual three innings tonight, but if not, better hope Alex gets more hits like in last night's seventh inning, instead of those gidp, or one-run HRs when the team is down by five.
                                Worse of all, them Mut$ jammies glow in the dark, too!

3 innings! He's done worse against Tampa Bay than did Jaret Wright, which is pathetic. At least the Big Eunuch could've kept us in the race, knowing those young guys run all over the place once they hit 1B.

Last night's game was interesting. Beantown Public Enemy #1--Judas himself--hit a solo HR, was booed mightily. Beantown Public Enemy #2--who was formerly #1--Alexander the Great--hit the GWH, one that Ortiz is usually expected to, that clinched the win. Notice not even a pin drop or "ribbit" from the chowda eatin' camp?

Yeah, life is good, ain't it? Now let's see if Randy can get his head out of someplace that smells a li'l funny and get his heater cookin' with gas, his slider moving like it's inside of a pinball machine.

Heck, if we win tonight, they're gonna have to play Frankie Sinatra for us. Start spreadin' the news!

Oh, I forgot to post this classic pic:

The Yankees’ Johnny Damon was jeered by Red Sox fans
                                after leading off the game with a home run Tuesday at
                                Fenway Park.
                                Last edited by Mattingly; 05-24-2006, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X