This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Worse of all, them Mut$ jammies glow in the dark, too!

3 innings! He's done worse against Tampa Bay than did Jaret Wright, which is pathetic. At least the Big Eunuch could've kept us in the race, knowing those young guys run all over the place once they hit 1B.

Last night's game was interesting. Beantown Public Enemy #1--Judas himself--hit a solo HR, was booed mightily. Beantown Public Enemy #2--who was formerly #1--Alexander the Great--hit the GWH, one that Ortiz is usually expected to, that clinched the win. Notice not even a pin drop or "ribbit" from the chowda eatin' camp?

Yeah, life is good, ain't it? Now let's see if Randy can get his head out of someplace that smells a li'l funny and get his heater cookin' with gas, his slider moving like it's inside of a pinball machine.

Heck, if we win tonight, they're gonna have to play Frankie Sinatra for us. Start spreadin' the news!

Oh, I forgot to post this classic pic:

The Yankees’ Johnny Damon was jeered by Red Sox fans
    after leading off the game with a home run Tuesday at
    Fenway Park.

Actually last night was not a total loss, forcing Joe to bring in Rivera for a save when the game was 7-1 yanks my limit his effectiveness tonight.
    And listening to the faithfull chanting "you took steroids" while Jonathan Paplebon turned Gary Sheffield into the worlds fastest turnstyle was quality entertainment.
    Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ESPNFan
      Actually last night was not a total loss, forcing Joe to bring in Rivera for a save when the game was 7-1 yanks my limit his effectiveness tonight.
      And listening to the faithfull chanting "you took steroids" while Jonathan Paplebon turned Gary Sheffield into the worlds fastest turnstyle was quality entertainment.
      When facing Ortiz and Ramirez, I think that the "no lead is ever safe" thing is advice I'll gladly heed. Heck, Papelbon pitched the 9th also.

In the 8th, Farnsworth walked Youk and Loretta, so with Ortiz up, 1 out, 2 out, that's not a time for a struggling setup. Mo was the man. Still, against the Mets, Mo allowed the winning run on Friday, but got a 2-inning save on Saturday. Some say he needs more work, some say he needs more rest. I can't predict him, but if he's effective tonight, I'm happy. The more runs we get, the less need to find that out anyway. Now then, please tell Matt Clement to groove a few fat ones to Judas Demon and A-Rod tonight so that we Yankee fans can cheer!

Now if only we could just IBB Manny once got out Ortiz. Between the two of them, if you manage to get past one, you should pitch very carefully to the other, which is my advice.

As to the Sheffield chants, I'm still upset he'd gotten involved with that whole mess. Still have mixed feelings about his "unknowing" use of this. Now even Pujols is hearing rumors. This whole thing is driving me bonkers.

Heck, Randy should just return to himself so that the world can get back to normal again. Yankees win! THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Yankees winnnnnnnn!
      Last edited by Mattingly; 05-24-2006, 11:06 AM.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Hey Matt,
        Since I lost, (1st time in a long time) as agreed, I've adopted your sig and avatar.
        Which is one that I don't mind so much . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
          Hey Matt,
          Since I lost, (1st time in a long time) as agreed, I've adopted your sig and avatar.
          I was wondering when you bunch of Beantowners would reply after a loss.

Heck, we didn't even bet. Hey, Ken, instead of this ugly av & sig, why don't you use something even more wonderful. You may end up wearing it this Sunday anyway. Hopefully for 2 weeks!

Waechter, Rays head into Beantown
          Tampa Bay (21-26) at Boston (26-18), 7:05 p.m. ET
          Last edited by Mattingly; 05-25-2006, 02:45 PM.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Losing your memory along with most of your bets?

Originally posted by Mattingly
            I was wondering when you bunch of Beantowners would reply after a loss.

Heck, we didn't even bet. Hey, Ken, instead of this ugly av & sig, why don't you use something even more wonderful. You may end up wearing it this Sunday anyway. Hopefully for 2 weeks!

Waechter, Rays head into Beantown
            Tampa Bay (21-26) at Boston (26-18), 7:05 p.m. ET
            Check the PM I sent you a few weeks ago RE: the bet on the previous series in NY which I won, You'll see that we/I bet on both series in May (in NY & in Boston) . . .
            But if you don't remember . . .

Comment

Hey Matt,

YEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'll turn this board into Met fans yet
              "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit.
              ~~Al Gallagher

God Bless America!

Click here to see my baseball tribute site!

Click here to see the best pitcher NOT in the HOF!

sigpic

Comment

Check the PM I sent you a few weeks ago RE: the bet on the previous series in NY which I won, You'll see that we/I bet on both series in May (in NY & in Boston) . . .
                But if you don't remember . . .
                In that case, please wear an officially approved Yankees av & sig.

Here's your fave:

As to sig, try putting in:

Babe Ruth #3; Lou Gehrig #4; Joe DiMaggio #6; Mickey Mantle #7

Do that and you shall be properly attired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baseball Guru
                  YEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'll turn this board into Met fans yet
                  Since when did the Peanut Gallery move 206 miles south? Oh well, always room for one more nut in the nuthouse, I always say!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                    In that case, please wear an officially approved Yankees av & sig.

Here's your fave:

As to sig, try putting in:

Babe Ruth #3; Lou Gehrig #4; Joe DiMaggio #6; Mickey Mantle #7

Do that and you shall be properly attired.
                    Did you find the PM or did you take my word for it?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• WOW Ken! This av and this sig looks good on you! I think you should wear more navy blue pinstripes

Comment

Did you find the PM or did you take my word for it?
                        I remembered. Now if you'd have only remembered to have worn the Yankee av in 2005 for winning the division.

Anyway, here's your masked warrior:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone else here agree that the Florida Marlins are the Nat's rivals?
                          They destroyed this city (Loria), they won after HE left, he screwed Montreal big-time, him, Bud Selig, [email protected]$$ and David Samson.

Burn Fish...burn!
                          Cristobal

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                            Anyone else here agree that the Florida Marlins are the Nat's rivals?
                            They destroyed this city (Loria), they won after HE left, he screwed Montreal big-time, him, Bud Selig, [email protected]$$ and David Samson.

Burn Fish...burn!
                            To me, the Nats and O's are geographical rivals. Tampa Bay could be the Fish's rival, but they can't win anything.

I don't see the Fish having any rivals, other than whoever they're playing on a given day.

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
                              Anyone else here agree that the Florida Marlins are the Nat's rivals?

Burn Fish...burn!
                              The Marlins themselves have nothing to do with what happened to Montreal. Hate on Loria and Samson all you want, but anywhere else and your hatred is very misguided. The people of South Florida as well as the players in the organization do not deserve what's happening with them.
                              And, no, the Marlins are not the rivals of the Nats anymore than the Phillies or Mets. The Braves, on the other hand, might have a little score with them.
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
                                The Marlins themselves have nothing to do with what happened to Montreal. Hate on Loria and Samson all you want, but anywhere else and your hatred is very misguided. The people of South Florida as well as the players in the organization do not deserve what's happening with them.
                                And, no, the Marlins are not the rivals of the Nats anymore than the Phillies or Mets. The Braves, on the other hand, might have a little score with them.
                                Because when the Marlins play the Nats, it feels different for Nats fans (or maybe it's just me )

Anyway, back in Montreal and fans now still hate the MARLINS because of JEFFREY LORIA, BUD SELIG' and DAVID SAMSON.

I'm not sure ''pure'' Nats fans agree, but I ain't a pure Nats fan, I am converted.

BTW, I am not talking about the people of South Florida, I am talking about teh Marlins organisation.
                                Cristobal

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X