X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil is as Evil does . . .

Originally posted by Mattingly
    Hey, Ken, we're getting slaughtered in here. They're trying to bat around us, and their pitcher hasn't even thrown a single pitch yet.

Man, we're gonna lose this series. :o
    {Click link}

- A g a i n - y o u - L I E ! -

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
      {Click link}

- A g a i n - y o u - L I E ! -
      Dude, off my case. In fact, off my nose also!

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
        Is that the bat you use when you play?

Comment

Yup. I swat anything over the Green Monstah with that thing. Now then, bring Schill in there and we'll see.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• The photo editors' award goes to:

Alex Gonzalez, left, Coco Crisp and Alex Cora misplay
            a popup by Toronto's Aaron Hill during Tuesday's 8-5
            loss at Toronto.

Beckett, Red Sox take a beating
            TORONTO -- The bullpen is weary and undermanned in terms of reliability. The Boston Red Sox had lost the first game of the series here. And tonight, they will be throwing a Double-A kid in the third game of the important series against their improved American League East rivals, the Toronto Blue Jays.

Clearly, the Red Sox needed a strong start from young ace-like right-hander Josh Beckett last night.

Beckett, though, couldn't deliver. He was lit up for 10 hits and seven runs in only 4 2/3 innings as the Red Sox dropped their second straight at the Rogers Centre, this one by an 8-5 score.

The Jays needed seven pitchers to hold off the spirited Sox, but they managed to do so, with closer B.J. Ryan nailing down the final four outs and Vernon Wells crushing his third homer of the game, a solo shot in the eighth, for a little more breathing room. A pair of homers by Troy Glaus helped the Jays' cause, as well.

The setback, which dropped Boston to 0-2 on the 10-game road trip, also dropped the Red Sox into a first-place tie with the New York Yankees in the A.L. East. Toronto, meanwhile, climbed to within 1 1/2 games of first place. Boston had been in sole possession of first place since May 18.

Comment

• the Matt and me wager

Mattingly and I are betting.....If the Tigers win the next 2 games he has to represent with the Olde English D (longest consectutively used logo in all pro sports) as his avatar for a week.....If the Yankees win either game I have to wear a NY for my avatar for a week.

Comment

Hey Ken. The green little fellow, is that you or the Green Monster?

Comment

• Yup, 527 and I are betting. Now if only the game would start.

Who's that rook the Beantowners are starting today? I hope that Toronto teaches them not to experiment like that with them.

Comment

• Blue Jays and the Padres. It doesn't get any more intense.
                    1992 & 1993 World Series Champions

Comment

Yup, 527 and I are betting. Now if only the game would start.
                      And as you can see by my icky NY avatar...I lost. I guess, I should have did my yahoo sports MLB Mussina search before I opened my big keboard. I would have found, going into tonight, a 6-1 guy with a 16-5 lifetime record against the Tigers....Oh well, I fully expect Verlander to salvage a game tomorrow.

Comment

• Hey, Ken, the series ended on May 24th, a Wednesday, so you're free to change out of that be-YOUUUUUUUUUU-teeeeful Yankee av & sig now. However, it fits you so well!

Originally posted by tigers527
                        And as you can see by my icky NY avatar...I lost. I guess, I should have did my yahoo sports MLB Mussina search before I opened my big keboard. I would have found, going into tonight, a 6-1 guy with a 16-5 lifetime record against the Tigers....Oh well, I fully expect Verlander to salvage a game tomorrow.
                        He's also in a walk year, and I think the Yanks are looking to extend him. I'm not sure if he's got a contract option year for 2007 or not, but he's been doing better this season, being, in effect, the ace while Unit works out his stuff.

Once someone is performing well, matchups don't mean much, as they're on fire. By the same measure, if they're performing poorly, hitters or teams they've owned in the past, can now hit well against them. Just look at their last 3 games for an example of what's going on, read recaps/articles on those games.

Comment

Hey, Ken, the series ended on May 24th, a Wednesday, so you're free to change out of that be-YOUUUUUUUUUU-teeeeful Yankee av & sig now. However, it fits you so well!
                          I'm FREE!

Comment

I'm FREE!
                            Hey, that was only temporary. After we sweep you folks underneath the carpet, you can become "properly attired" once again.

Comment

Hey, that was only temporary. After we sweep you folks underneath the carpet, you can become "properly attired" once again.
                              Hey Matt,
                              Do you remember where, when and which team was last swept in a series between us? -

Comment

Hey Matt,
                                Do you remember where, when and which team was last swept in a series between us? -
                                I don't know, but if Unit was at his best, it would've been our last encounter.

Hey, we've got time for one more sweep of you folks. You guys/gals have had your glory, so now back to another 86 wonderful years of meaningless baseball for the entire New England!

Oh, and no chowda either!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X