This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoxSon
    Absolutely, I was...and still am, for reasons well beyond the confines of BBF.
    Hey, if it weren't fer BBF, I'd be ... even worse off. Oh well, thank goodness I'm not a Beantowner.
    Originally posted by SoxSon
    Yeah, I've noticed this, CCN. Have you ever noticed that nearly every Yankee fan manufactures some positive spin for New York for every transaction/game around major league baseball?

It's always a win-win situation, no matter how lousy or irrelevant it might appear.
    Of course, it's in our genes.

A few Yankee losses? The more to tease you folks into believing you could actually win the division.

2004? Hey, it was about time. Now you're a real club, not the perennial loserboys. Just think, you folks have no graduated from loserboys and losergirls to ... well, about the same, but with a cheesy win thrown in.

Now then, please repeat after me:

Jeter's better.

Mariano's better.

A-Rod's better.

Posada's better.

Judas Demon's better.

Giambi's better.

Memorize this very shortly.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
      Yeah, I've noticed this, CCN. Have you ever noticed that nearly every Yankee fan manufactures some positive spin for New York for every transaction/game around major league baseball?

It's always a win-win situation, no matter how lousy or irrelevant it might appear.
      It helps keep their minds off their other sports teams. Is Billy Smith still the goalie for the Islanders?
      Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
      Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
      Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
      Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
      Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
        Ya mean that this is the thread fer all types of buffoonery and nonsense? Don't tell that to those lacking a sense of humor.
        Whom might that be?
        KenFougere
        Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
        Last edited by KenFougere; 06-24-2006, 05:46 PM.
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• "How many times can they go to the well?"
          What can you say about this man? I've never seen a player who continually rises to the occasion and delivers at the crucial point of a game as David Ortiz. He is Superman to the Red Sox. Time after time late in the game, when they need a hit (usually a home run) to tie or to win, he feeds off the pressure and steps up to the plate and answers the call. He is to the Red Sox what Larry Bird was to the Celtics, Bobby Orr was to the Bruins and what Tom Brady still is to the Patriots.

Ortiz got cheered at home for his walk-off home run, a dramatic play that fans and teammates are getting used to. He's now done it seven times in the regular season.

"It's almost expected of him now", Papelbon said. "He's clutch, man. He's money."

After he reached home on Saturday, his teammates "were kind of looking at me like a whole bunch of 10 year olds like, `you're amazing,' ' Ortiz said.
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Papi, Papi, Papi!!!!

I must say, Papelon was pretty good today, too -- getting into and then out of trouble, without losing his cool, was pretty impressive.
            --Annie
            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
            Remember Yellowdog
            ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
              Whom might that be?
              I won't say.

Now then, I believe we still have rights to Kevin Brown. Please send us David Ortiz in return. Oh, and Manny can be our alternate DH or LF (which suits him perfectly), and pay all of his salary.

Just think, had the Yanks selected Manny instead of Brien Taylor, and if Cashman had taken Ortiz when we had the chance.
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                Papi, Papi, Papi!!!!

I must say, Papelon was pretty good today, too -- getting into and then out of trouble, without losing his cool, was pretty impressive.
                You're absolutely right.
                I think he'd succeed even more as a starter . . .
                but only after we secure a top notch closer to replace him . . .

Ken Fougère

Comment

I won't say.

Now then, I believe we still have rights to Kevin Brown. Please send us David Ortiz in return. Oh, and Manny can be our alternate DH or LF (which suits him perfectly), and pay all of his salary.

Just think, had the Yanks selected Manny instead of Brien Taylor, and if Cashman had taken Ortiz when we had the chance . . .
                  . . . Then you might be in 1st place instead of us! {woulda, coulda, shoulda. BUT DIDN"T)
                  American League East -
                  Boston - - - 44 28 .611 -
                  New York - 41 30 .577 - 2½
                  Toronto - - 41 33 .554 - 4
                  KenFougere
                  Sr Member BB-Almanac 1998
                  Last edited by KenFougere; 06-24-2006, 09:20 PM.
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Overseen on t-shirts across the street from Yankee Stadium:

There was never a curse; Boston just s*cked for 86 years

Comment

Overseen on t-shirts across the street from Yankee Stadium:

There was never a curse; Boston just s*cked for 86 years
                      Keyword there:s*cked as in past tense .Ive seen a few shirts being sold around Fenway that I probabily shouldn't repeat here.

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                        Keyword there:s*cked as in past tense .Ive seen a few shirts being sold around Fenway that I probabily shouldn't repeat here.
                        Hey, at least we all knew it; too bad you guys didn't all these years. Hey, Babe's Ghost can rest now, finally. Still, he's done us good.

As to the infamous ones featuring our 3Bman and SS, I'd rather they not be repeated here. There are a few anti-Yankee sites out there, and even a Red Sox bar in the Bronx of all places (some Yankee fan waiter got fired because he was a Yankee fan), so nothing's new.

Now then, are you Beantowners still obsessed with the Sawx? Guess who we're playing? Hanley Ramirez. Or should I say, Han-Man, to you folks. I hope he has 4 hits, never gets driven in once and the Fish lose.

Now then, please tell Wily Mo Pena and Mike Lowell from which team they'd originally come from.

Comment

Just think, had the Yanks selected Manny instead of Brien Taylor
                          Well that would be no good, we wouldn't want Johnny Damon being afraid of his throws being cutoff from left field now we would we?

And I'll finally admit it. David Ortiz is a fairly decent baseball player.

Comment

• Originally posted by BC498
                            Well that would be no good, we wouldn't want Johnny Damon being afraid of his throws being cutoff from left field now we would we?

And I'll finally admit it. David Ortiz is a fairly decent baseball player.
                            If we had Manny, we could've used him as our DH. If in LF (where his mind often tends to wander), we'd never have Matsui. Well, right now, no Matsui anyway. :o

Anyway, here's the real stuff.

Friends, Romans, countrymen and Yankee fans. On this anointed day, the Bahstunned Beantowners will get trumped in *THEIR HOUSE* by Mookie and friends. This being the 20th anniversary of Billy Buck's E3, Yankee fans will be celebrating one of the most famous Yankee moments that didn't even involve a Yankee. However, it did involve Babe Ruth.

I hereby wholeheartedly offer my support to our crosstown team, whom I do hope go on a tirade. Oh, and Wednesday's game with Pedro should be especially fun. :gt

Comment

• A small word...

Originally posted by Mattingly
                              Just think, had the Yanks selected Manny instead of Brien Taylor, and if Cashman had taken Ortiz when we had the chance.
                              IF

Cashman? Cashman? If wishes were...
                              Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                              Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                                IF

Cashman? Cashman? If wishes were...
                                IF Calvin Schiraldi had gotten that 3rd strike ... IF Bucky didn't go deep ... IF Pesky didn't hold the ball.

Oh well, great losin' by you folks.

LETS GO METS

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X