X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>>>

Originally posted by Chelle
    Yeah, I live with one. It usually goes something like this:

"Aw honey...did the O's lose again? Oh, did I tell you how many rings we have? Remind me again how many WS you've seen in your lifetime?"
    Aw honey him.... put his pillow and blanket on the couch. Hide the remote and batteries in two places. Put the beer in the freezer. Or down the sink. Disappear his favorite snack food. (You know the drill; reducing males to begging is fairly easy, but this power must be carefully used.) Hee.
    Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
    Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• >>>>

Originally posted by Chelle
      I don't mind if he mentions Moose. In fact...sometimes (in the dark, late at night...when no one is looking) I'll secretly cheer for Moose still (but only if he's not in pinstripes...if he's in the home uni...can't do it).

If he brings up THE FORBIDDEN NAME....he sleeps on the couch.

When I heard about the Ponson signing...I actualy went over to his work to laugh in his face. Is that wrong?
      No. I think he needs more couch time. With a two year old that has a cold.
      Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
      Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
        Most baseball fans say to honor the name on the front moreso than the name on the back.
        I agree with that. I also can't really boo a player that used to be mine (except David Wells and Sir Sid)

Originally posted by Mattingly
        Me, I'd love to see him throw a great game in Rogers Centre tonight vs Halladay.
        I've got the game going on right now (god bless the baseball package).

For the O's, Jays and D-Rays, it's a humbling experience. However, even the D-Rays seem to be playing and having fun. To me, just enjoy the game. Be they a team that makes the playoffs routinely or loveable losers, I think there's lots to enjoy one way or the next.
        I just remember this...when times are tough (like the past nine years)....there were times when the Yanks were bad and the O's were good. Times when the Blue Jays and the O's were tough teams of the AL East....I just will patiently wait for those days to come back. Because they will...one day. Hopefull soon. I can wait.
        Orioles: Once fine organization, being run into the ground by Peter Angelos.

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
          Aw honey him.... put his pillow and blanket on the couch. Hide the remote and batteries in two places. Put the beer in the freezer. Or down the sink. Disappear his favorite snack food. (You know the drill; reducing males to begging is fairly easy, but this power must be carefully used.) Hee.
          There is only one forbiden word in this house (a name...a little boy....a Yankee fan's last result of pain against an O's fan)...

That's the only thing that lands him on the couch.

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
            No. I think he needs more couch time. With a two year old that has a cold.
            I need to borrow one. I'll just cheer for the Blue Jays.

Comment

• A real shame . . .

It was the first game-winning homer off Rivera since Bill Mueller did it for the Red Sox on July 24, 2004 . . .

Oh ya, I remember that.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• (*I haven't read all 234 pages of this thread, so it might have been posted elsewhere - I apologize if it has.*)

A few months ago I read an article in Sports Illustrated that stated a large majority of the little league teams around the Boston area changed their names if they were the Yankees. This is in large part because these little kids were being booed just because of their team name. It was a funny article, in a sad sort of way.
                Last edited by Wade8813; 07-21-2006, 12:07 PM.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813
                  *I haven't read all 234 pages of this thread, so it might have been posted elsewhere - I apologize if it has.*

A few months ago I read an article in Sports Illustrated that stated a large majority of the little league teams around the Boston area changed their names if they were the Yankees. This is in large part because these little kids were being booed just because of their team name. It was a funny article, in a sad sort of way.
                  Yup,very true, which is why the Lowell Spinners (AA team of Redsox) offered free jerseys to any team willing to change their names from Yankees to Spinners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813
                    *I haven't read all 234 pages of this thread, so it might have been posted elsewhere - I apologize if it has.*

A few months ago I read an article in Sports Illustrated that stated a large majority of the little league teams around the Boston area changed their names if they were the Yankees.
                    Hey, it's tough enough now-a-days for kids. They shouldn't have to play baseball with that name stuck on the front of their jersey's . . .
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Chelle
                      There is only one forbiden word in this house (a name...a little boy....a Yankee fan's last result of pain against an O's fan)...

That's the only thing that lands him on the couch.
                      To this day, I still have trouble understanding how a then 12-y.o. kid who have such a bad name back there. It's like he's the Buckey Dent of the Orioles fans.

I'd posted about it once about 2004 in the O's forum, but fans seem to think it absolutely stopped their team's momentum. It was the first game. You've still got 6 chances to win 4 games.

I dunno, call me wondering aloud why a team can't come back from that.

Oh yeah, please ignore the advice of CuriousBahstunned. She still hasn't realized that, like Ken and the others, their sole purpose is to provide amusement to Yankee fans at their own expense.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                        Yup,very true, which is why the Lowell Spinners (AA team of Redsox) offered free jerseys to any team willing to change their names from Yankees to Spinners.
                        Only the Sawx could put an ugly spin on something like that. I say let the kids have some glory. If not, they'll go 5 generations w/o knowing that parades can be held in Boston for the local MLB team.
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

To this day, I still have trouble understanding how a then 12-y.o. kid who have such a bad name back there. It's like he's the Buckey Dent of the Orioles fans.

I'd posted about it once about 2004 in the O's forum, but fans seem to think it absolutely stopped their team's momentum. It was the first game. You've still got 6 chances to win 4 games.

I dunno, call me wondering aloud why a team can't come back from that.

Oh yeah, please ignore the advice of CuriousBahstunned. She still hasn't realized that, like Ken and the others, their sole purpose is to provide amusement to Yankee fans at their own expense.
                          You don't need us to "provide you with amusement", you've got Mariano!
                          Five loses! Might that also be called BLOWN SAVES?
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                            You don't need us to "provide you with amusement", you've got Mariano!
                            Five loses! Might that also be called BLOWN SAVES?
                            Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Ken is now going into the vaunted area where no Beantown dare goes. Similar to my mentioning of "Yaz popped it up". Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Now then, it was a tied game, so no BLSV stat. However, if Beantown had Mariano as long as the Yanks did, you'd have been awesome. However, we don't rely upon scoring 1 run a game against KC. Had KC scored 2 runs, it would've been you guys who would've had a save made against.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Ken is now going into the vaunted area where no Beantown dare goes.
                              Similar to my mentioning of "Yaz popped it up". Hmmmmmmmmmm.
                              First of all, DON'T go there. -
                              Secondly, you selectively failed to mention that . . .
                              Yaz homered his 1st AB to put the Sox on top 1-0.

Now then, it was a tied game, so no BLSV stat. However, if Beantown had Mariano as long as the Yanks did, you'd have been awesome. However, we don't rely upon scoring 1 run a game against KC. Had KC scored 2 runs, it would've been you guys who would've had a save made against.
                              Remember, all you need to do is score 1 more run than your opponent, for a win.*

* Just like Toronto did last night! -
                              Last edited by KenFougere; 07-21-2006, 04:24 PM.
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Looks good. Doesn't it?
                                American League East -
                                Boston - - - 58 36 .617 -
                                New York - 55 38 .591 - 2½
                                Toronto - - 53 42 .558 - 5½
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...