This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    2004? Bah, humbug, you people got lucky. Nothing more. You'll *NEVER* repeat this again until 2090. *NEVER*!
    Never again? Until 2090, huh? Anyone ever tell you that you contradict yourself?
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
      Never again? Until 2090, huh? Anyone ever tell you that you contradict yourself?
      Let's see what my Math class taught me:

+ 86
      ===

and

+ 86
      ===

That's it!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

+ 86
        ===

and

+ 86
        ===

That's it!
        So you got all the way up to addition in math? Sounds about right for a Yankee-lover!
        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

+ 86
          ===

and

+ 86
          ===

That's it!
          And i suppose your teacher taught you this:

------
          86? no thats not right.

and

-------
          86? no that can't be right either.

It seems that it isin't 86 years between every Red Sox championship.

Oh,I suppose that your talking about some curse about some guy named Ruth?

well that curse has put a bookmark in the page,turned off the light, and gone to sleep....for good..

Now I'm not even sure my calculator could figure out the yankees payroll.Somebody needs to tell ol' George that money can't buy happiness...or Championships.

Comment

• Would anyone like to explain what is presently happening to the PINSTRIPERS in Cleveland.

It is now 19-1 .....with a few innings yet to play!

I guess everything that goes around, comes around!

c.

Comment

• Originally posted by DODGER DEB
              Would anyone like to explain what is presently happening to the PINSTRIPERS in Cleveland.

c.
              We lost one ourselves tonight, so good timing!

Comment

Would anyone like to explain what is presently happening to the PINSTRIPERS in Cleveland.

c.
                Dear Dodger Deb,

It didn't happen. It was merely a figment of your wonderful imagination again.

-Yankee fan
                Originally posted by SoxSon
                We lost one ourselves tonight, so good timing!
                Just when I was thinking that ex-Beantowner Casey Fossum couldn't possibly out-duel Schill, the inevitable happens. Oh well, at least we got it all out in one game.

Now then, Tampa Bay looks to be breaking out the janitorial tools.

Last edited by Mattingly; 07-04-2006, 06:52 PM.
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                  And i suppose your teacher taught you this:

------
                  86? no thats not right.

and

-------
                  86? no that can't be right either.

It seems that it isin't 86 years between every Red Sox championship.

Oh,I suppose that your talking about some curse about some guy named Ruth?

well that curse has put a bookmark in the page,turned off the light, and gone to sleep....for good..

Now I'm not even sure my calculator could figure out the yankees payroll.Somebody needs to tell ol' George that money can't buy happiness...or Championships.
                  We merely forgot to tell you that 2004 was merely the ending of Chapter I. Now then, Chapter II has just begun and it's the worst one of them all.

Make sure you have kids, grandkids and great-grands, as they'll be able to see Chapter III. That one, you don't wanna miss.

Comment

c.
                    I'll tell you what's happened: They lost a baseball game, is all. It's a long season, and any player who brings yesterday to the park today is screwed. I seem to remember one year the Yanks won it (believe 2000, but you know, there have been so many!) they lost to the Indians 22-0, worst defeat in franchise history. Who remembers? Who cares?

I know you're just breaking balls here, so I won't get unduly huffy, but one thing to remember about these Yankee teams the past 10 years that never gets any play: Nobody, I mean nobody, in the game is better at shaking off this game, or this week, better than the Yanks. It hasn't been so apparent yet this year, but has any team in the ML been more dangerous when behind in the last 10 years than the Yanks? Nobody thinks big picture better than they do, and last year proved it. They started out 11-19, all those injuries, the Wommack debacle. They never panicked, and with one day to go, it finally happened: They pulled ahead and won the division--again. Torre, while never overtly admitting defeat, also knows that the very best teams will lose 40% of its games. What he tells his team is, let's shoot to win every series, because 2 out of 3--.667--will almost always get you into the postseason. And yet it's theoretically possible to go through that entire season never winning two in a row.

The record for consecutive victories? It's still the 1916 Giants, an incredible 26 in a row. Where did they finish? Fourth.
                    Thanks for listening!

freak

Comment

• Bob Costas for Commissioner!!!

Originally posted by Brewers101
                      Well although the Red Sox have compleatly owned the Yankees this year i would have to go with the Sox-Yank rivalry.

The Sox are still down in the divison so they will be fighting like there is no tommorow and the Yankees are going to be defending there rightful place on the top.

I am looking forward to this matchup and it has the makings to be a very interesting race to the finish considering that the AL central most likely has the wildcard locked.
                      Hey, Brewers, you may know your brautwurst, but your math needs work. Nobody in the NY-Sox series this year "owns" anybody. By my count, at this moment, it's 5-5, and much more to come.

And my message to all my howling Met fan friends this week was: Sure, you're getting fat off the NL East right now, but this week, after that spanking up at Fenway, you now know what the Yanks have to deal with 19 times a year. Then you came into our house and lost 2 of 3. That's 5 losses in 6 games in your first big reality check against some real teams. Luckily, you got a good man, Willie, who knows all about winning and how it all starts with being humble...

And by the way, brewers, idiot face Bud isn't fooling anyone by "stepping down" and letting his daughter run that low-rent outfit of yours. Our commissioner is still lying to everyone and running a club while pretending to be a commissioner. What a sad commentary on the game...
                      Thanks for listening!

freak

Comment

c.
                        Hey, Deb! At least we still have a team! OOOOh, that WAS cheap!
                        Thanks for listening!

freak

Comment

Dear Dodger Deb,

It didn't happen. It was merely a figment of your wonderful imagination again.

-Yankee fan

Now, now, Matt!

THIS is NOT my imagination, but the infamous BACK PAGE of the NY Daily News this AM! Poor, poor George!!

c.

Comment

• Don't be so starchy

Originally posted by rugbyfreak
                            I'll tell you what's happened: They lost a baseball game, is all...
                            Tell you what, Rugbyfreak: get a good cuppa coffee and clear a couple hours in your schedule, and read this thread through from the beginning. This thread, with a few exceptions, is about having fun, and poking fun. Yankee fans hoot on the Sox and their fans, Yankee detractors hoot on the Yankees and their fans. Serious discussion, tooth-gnashing, historical analysis, finger-pointing, stuff like that, is outside this thread's bailiwick. In other words, don't be so serious!! Life's too short to be so serious all the time.

One more thing, a little advice: don't shove the Brooklyn Dodger's removal from that city in a Brooklyn fan's face. It's a very sore spot still. I'm sure Deb can educate you further on this point. Mattingly can, too.

One more thing (I feel like Columbo here): I remember when the Indians whupped the Yanks 22-0.
                            --Annie
                            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                            Remember Yellowdog
                            ABNY

Comment

• Originally posted by rugbyfreak
                              I'll tell you what's happened: They lost a baseball game, is all. It's a long season, and any player who brings yesterday to the park today is screwed. I seem to remember one year the Yanks won it (believe 2000, but you know, there have been so many!) they lost to the Indians 22-0, worst defeat in franchise history. Who remembers? Who cares?
                              Like Annie has stated, please read back a few pages. It's about making cheesy remarks here, poking lotsa fun at the other team's losses, even if it's one team's ace against the D-Rays' ace. Go back 10-20 pages and just run through what's going on here. You seem to be taking this somewhat personally. This is a very fun thread where we poke fun at one another.
                              Originally posted by rugbyfreak
                              Hey, Deb! At least we still have a team! OOOOh, that WAS cheap!
                              You're right, that was pretty cheap. In the future, please do not make any other cheap remarks like this, as that seems to be taking things personal. Dodger Deb has been a fan of the Brooklyn Dodgers ever since they played in Ebbets Field and has countless stories about that team, and she's like a walking encyclopedia. I believe that she, like other Brooklyn Dodger fans, deserve much better.

Les Expos have been recently added to the "Teams of Yesteryear" and there are great fans of them and other teams no longer in existence, such as the NY Giants, Washington Senators, Seattle Pilots, etc.

Comment

• Thank you Annie, and thank you, Matt. I appreciate the kind words of support for both MY DODGERS and me.

As for rugbyfreak, I hope you never have to endure the pain that BROOKLYN DODGER fans felt when OUR team was stolen from US. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone.

And, yes, do take a little of the advice that was offered to you by both Annie and Matt, and use a thread like Bitter Rivals to have a little fun against teams you do not like, nor root for. We have been doing this for several years now...and we never find a need to make it personal. We just have a lot of laughs.

FYI: MY BROOKLYN DODGER FORUM is one of top forums here on BBF. Should you be interested in learning some about OUR incredible history and contribution to MLB, I encourage you to pay US a visit.

c.
                                Last edited by DODGER DEB; 07-06-2006, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X