This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Curious....

Why did the $$$Y's use batting practice pitcher Mr. Sid in a game?

It would be an interesting exercise to take ERRods pay per game to calculate his pay per strikeout. Or per error.

ER-Rods. ER-Rods. Suitable for heckling, you think?
    Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
    Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Jump Coco! Jump as high as you can!

Don't forget "Kick-save" Ramirez, either.
      Baseball is a ballet without music. Drama without words ~Ernie Harwell

Comment

• Originally posted by trosmok
        The continuing story of E(5)-Rod dominates the airwaves; no other second rate, er place, teams' troubles get a peep.

Question. According to William Shakespeare, is the outfield play of the Red Sox a:

A.) History
        B.) Tragedy
        C.) Comedy

Answer. Yes!
        Nah. Mr. Fitzgerald captured it better: "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
        After 1957, it seemed like we would never laugh again. Of course, we did. Its just that we were never young again.

Comment

• Snidely Whiplash

Originally posted by CuriousBoston
          Why did the $$$Y's use batting practice pitcher Mr. Sid in a game?
          Big sale on neck braces at Bloomies?

Comment

• Outstanding, Real McCoy

Originally posted by The Real McCoy
            Nah. Mr. Fitzgerald captured it better: "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
            That is F Scott, rather than Edmund, I presume?

Comment

• Mattingly,

I think it is time that some rules will imposed in this thread.

1. (Especially Red Sox) fans are not allowed to mock Yankee fans or their favorite players (A-Rod, K-Rod, Pay-Rod or whatever they are called).

2. Yankee fans are always right.

3. When it MAY happen that Yankee fans are not right (very unlikely though), see rule number 2.

If one of these rules will be violated, the fans will be "rewarded" with a Yankee fan brain washing (the same one I had)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                Yanks won, Beantown lost. Ken's hiding out right now.
                N O T
                Last edited by KenFougere; 07-24-2006, 11:21 AM.
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                  If one of these rules will be violated, the fans will be "rewarded" with a Yankee fan brain washing (the same one I had)
                  Admitting the problem is the first step towards becoming healthy again. Good for you!
                  "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston
                    >>>posted by Mattingly, NYY forum, game thread>>>

"They're both hitting off the wall when hitting 5th. That's it, I say Jeter is our new #3 hitter. I couldn't care less what he does as a #2 hitter, I say Derek Jeter is our new Ortiz. With a better shave, of course."

Hmmmmmmm, the Hahvahd dropout doth outthinketh herself, too! Tsk, tsk, tsk. Didya see the part about Giambi's and Rodriguez' offensive numbers soaring when they bat 5th?

Of course, even though it may be a much rarer occurrence, when Cap'n Intangibles smacks one outta there, he doesn't take his 15 minutes of fame to admire the HR and another 15 minutes circling the bases. It's a good thing that those 500 footers don't hit off the stuff on the roof anywhere. If so, then Manny would've booted it around the outfield and infield, then blocked a CF throw to the cutoff man, just like what he did with Damon and like what he did this weekend.
                    Discuss: Mattingly comparing any hitter on the $$'s with Ortiz. Possibilities: Not winning since last century has finally permeated Mattingly's brain. Torre's use of pitcher's has been, well, appreciated by the opposing manager.

I have a question of my own:why are managers pitching to Ortiz and Veron Wells? AHA! I know half of the answer! Ortiz might steal a base.
                    Don't be silly. We didn't give up the farm to get our guys. Besides, for what little you folks gave up for Schill in Hilly Billy, Fossum and some bag of chips, meanwhile they'd wanted Nicky Johnson and Soriano, I'd say that was an uneven offer. Still, we should've had him and Beckett instead. Y'all can have Ponson.
                    Originally posted by AG1
                    Hey mattingly good game today...... for the jays!!!

A-rod's batting stats from the 4 game series: 2-16 with 7 K's!!!!
                    Bleujays win the 4 game set 3-1!
                    Like we said when I was a kid, every scrub has his day. For every desert out there, a dog must be thrown a meaty bone. You've been handed one this weekend on a silver platter. From here on to September, you'll have to work for yours.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                      Mattingly,

1. (Especially Red Sox) fans are not allowed to mock Yankee fans or their favorite players (A-Rod, K-Rod, Pay-Rod or whatever they are called).

3. When it MAY happen that Yankee fans are not right (very unlikely though), see rule number 2.

What he said.

Please also remind them that you are the President & CFO of the Bronx Chapter of the Yankee Fan Club, who are thus the owners of the hearts of Red Sawx fantasizers.
                      Originally posted by KenFougere
                      N O T
                      I bequeth upon thee a 12-game losing streak, in addition to a 12-game Yankee winning streak.

Also, Toronto will win 4 games, lose 8 games and Baltimore will go on a tear.

Now then, that should help things out a bit. Oh, and we know you'll be hiding. Don't bother to explain. Heck, I'll even feed and walk the dog for you, let you know when it's safe to peek in.
                      Last edited by Mattingly; 07-24-2006, 02:29 PM.
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• >>>>

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                        Mattingly,

I simply cannnot take a biscuit seriously. A biscuit assistant wanna be dictator? Are you a stew dumpling? A popover filled with lobster salad? A pastry eclair?

No, gotta be one in a can of frozen rolls, still in the freezer, getting freezer burn, waiting to be cooked. You will be burnt in a casserole when a Yfan is crying in October.

Or perhaps you will be thrown, as Errod makes the error that mathmatically....be a brave biscuit.

Comment

• Rules for thread

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                          Mattingly,

Mattingly has posted rules before. I guess biscuits have short memories. Maybe the standings should be posted again. Regular, or WC, doesn't matter. I wonder if Ken can add a clip of Sweet Caroline to the standings.

Comment

Mattingly has posted rules before. I guess biscuits have short memories. Maybe the standings should be posted again. Regular, or WC, doesn't matter. I wonder if Ken can add a clip of Sweet Caroline to the standings.
                            I know Matt has posted rules before. You can think of it as a reminder. Maybe as a law. Law changes too once in a while.

I think you get a bit too personal about the biscuit thing... This nickname could be the Red Sox' , 'cause they are a bunch of cookies.

But who would like a bean flavoured cookie? Must taste disgusting with the tea parties you guys have once in a while.

Comment

I simply cannnot take a biscuit seriously. A biscuit assistant wanna be dictator? Are you a stew dumpling? A popover filled with lobster salad? A pastry eclair?

No, gotta be one in a can of frozen rolls, still in the freezer, getting freezer burn, waiting to be cooked. You will be burnt in a casserole when a Yfan is crying in October.

Or perhaps you will be thrown, as Errod makes the error that mathmatically....be a brave biscuit.
                              Okay. Here we go. You'll be the first who will be brainwashed. After that you will be a nice Yankee fan named CuriosNewYork

Comment

RULE NUMBAH ONE!
                                Thou shalt not question the winning ways of the Yankee team.

RULE NUMBAH TWO!
                                Thou shalt not question the integrity of Yankee fans.

RULE NUMBAH THREE!
                                Yankee fans are always right.

RULE NUMBAH FOUR!
                                CuriousBoston eats red chowda and loves it, returns for 2nd and 3rd helpings with large bowl in hand.

RULE NUMBAH FIVE!
                                We will, we will *ROCK YOU* ... *ROCK YOU*!

Now then, them thar's the rulz!

Hiya, CB!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X