This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyK
    We have hit rock bottom and are looking up at the fiercesome Royals and Devil Rays. If we can't beat them there is no way we will even win one game at Fenway against the Yankees next week. Our backs are to the wall called the Green Monster.

I can't remember ever needing a bigger win against NY than on August 18th. What am I saying? We have done this before, and we even did it four times in a row! A doubleheader sweep would be a nice start.
    In that case, please wave this in front of your house:

Originally posted by kckid2599
    Have you tried counting to 2,004?
    2001 seems a great year also. Lots of injuries and Beantown went south that September. Like Mel Allen said, "How about that!"
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• I bet Yankees fans hate the year 1990 so much. Why? Red Sox finished first and the Yankees finished last. That's what I hear from BoSox fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
        Have you tried counting to 2,004?
        Don`t be ridiculous. The number 2,004 is just a myth.
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
          I bet Yankees fans hate the year 1990 so much. Why? Red Sox finished first and the Yankees finished last. That's what I hear from BoSox fans.
          I wasn`t a Yankees fan until the mythical playoffs of '04 so I wouldn`t know
          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• - I am not very happy and getting more P.O'd every day . . . -

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
              - I am not very happy and getting more P.O'd every day . . . -
              When even your ace gets skunked by KC, I think that deserves a special honor. Hey, it takes *TALENT* to be that bad. *TALENT*, I tell you. Nobody could do that bad w/o really trying hard.

Moose lost also, but we lost a series to the champs. At least we won a game.

How do you folks lose to KC? Papelblown and Schill both got shelled.

Oh well, you folks just lost an opportunity to gain a game on the Yanks. Ain't that a pity.
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                When even your ace gets skunked by KC, I think that deserves a special honor. Hey, it takes *TALENT* to be that bad. *TALENT*, I tell you. Nobody could do that bad w/o really trying hard.

Oh well, you folks just lost an opportunity to gain a game on the Yanks. Ain't that a pity.
                From now on his official nickname is Curt SHELLING

Comment

I really don't understand... You should be used to this situation. So why not let it rest. Would be much, much better for your health.

Comment

It seems like the Sox are always playing catchup especially the last two weeks . . .
                    Even when we win a game, it's always a 'come-from-behind' win.
                    --------------------------------------
                    Bitter Rivals Post # 6000!
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 08-11-2006, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Is there a Beantowner willing to volunteer to wear the KC av & smack sig for 2 weeks? After a severe shelling, even including a loss by your ace, I'd say that would be worthy.

Now then, raise your hands or no chowda for any of you!

Comment

Is there a Beantowner willing to volunteer to wear the KC av & smack sig for 2 weeks? After a severe shelling, even including a loss by your ace, I'd say that would be worthy.

Now then, raise your hands or no chowda for any of you!
                        I will, if you wore the Oakland av when you were swept last June . . .

Comment

BR Post # 6000!
                          Congrats on your 6000th post Ken!

Comment

Does THIS picture express the way how you feel Ken?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                              Does THIS picture express the way how you feel Ken?
                              Go ahead, rub it in.
                              Remember: What goes around . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                                Congrats on your 6000th post Ken!
                                Actually, it was the 6000th post on my "Bitter Rivals" thread . . .
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 08-11-2006, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X