Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you done with the real Mattingly?

Originally posted by Mattingly
    Hey, Ken,

I'm passing on this bet. Yeah, we got hosed tonight. Lousy idea to have our 5-inning pitcher suddenly forget how to pitch right before a double header.

Still, 1.5 up is still doable. Hopefully, we can split the DH on Friday.

Anyway, if it rains this weekend, I suggest we have all the makeup games in da Bronx.

Thanks to the wonderful folks at doomsday.com -- whoops, I'd meant bostondirtdogs.com, my life is so much easier. Who else but a bunch of Beantowners would lack the smack so thick on their own "team"?
    You're passing on the bet?

This is the first 5 game series between the "Bitter Rivals" in many, many years!

It's the end of August . . . nearing crunch time!

What's the matter 'Costanza', suffering from 'shrinkage' down there again?

Ken Fougère

Comment

• Glad you brought him up . . .

Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
      #13 Alexander the Great has Returned!!! #13
      Speaking of 'Alexander the Great' . . .
      • #1 Eric Chavez, Oak 3Er - .990 FPCT
      • #2 Mike Lowell, Bos 4Er - .989 FPCT
      • #21 Alex Rod, NYY 21Er - .931 FPCT *(Worst FPCT 3rd basemen in MLB!)
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

This is the first 5 game series between the "Bitter Rivals" in many, many years!

Don`t do it, he's trying to goad you. CURSE YOU BEANTOWNERS!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by KenFougere
        Speaking of 'Alexander the Great' . . .
        • #1 Eric Chavez, Oak 3Er - .990 FPCT
        • #2 Mike Lowell, Bos 4Er - .989 FPCT
        • #21 Alex Rod, NYY 21Er - .931 FPCT *(Worst FPCT 3rd basemen in MLB!)
        I`m not going to list the many flaws of Fielding Percentage and other defensive stats. You know even a certain famous former Boston/New York/Boston pitcher/outfielder failed to hit more than 11 homers from age 19-23. A-Rod's having one of those years. But tommorrow Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez will storm the gates of Fenway and destroy the primitives in the north, until then, wait and panic.
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

"Shrinkage"? Man, you Beantowners sure do talk a lot for fans of a "team" that wins every 4-5 generations. BTW, does anybody here know anybody who was a fan in 1918? I sure don't.

Oh well, nice to see that your sluggers are big stars in Hollywood also.
          Attached Files
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Hey, Ken, I went to the movies today. It was a sold-out matinee. There was a long-haired matinee idol. Boy, did he look great. He'd jumped ship from one studio to the next. I can't remember which one.

Anyway, that's sure to be a box office draw. Should rake in millions. Anyway, Mr Longhair seemed to do a lot today. I can't say the same for some #3 hitter out there. What's his name again? Mr Invisible, perhaps?

Did that wet noodle Coco get soggy in a bowl of milk? Or was this his "arm" that I'm thinking of? How many hits did he get again?

Oh yeah, there was a ballgame today, wasn't there? How'd Beantown do, anyway? I hear that Lucy Van Pelt had some words of advice for Jason Johnson:

Anyway, make sure you guys get set for the late night special.

Let me listen to my Top 40 radio station now. I'll admit those hits just keep on hittin', and not even any commercial breaks!

Oh, were there 2 errors in today's game? I'm sure that Boston didn't do that, now did they? Huh, Ken? Kennnnnn, where are you?

Last edited by Mattingly; 08-18-2006, 03:45 PM.
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• I forgot to mention the Yankees lost to Rodrigo Lopez yesterday. Is it probably because somebody named "Jaret Wright" was pitching?

Comment

• And here's Little Papi, the 2006 and 2005 runner-up MVP!!!!

Awww whaddya know he K'ed, he does do that from time to time doesn`t he
                Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 08-18-2006, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Don't forget about Jon Lesster, the lefty starter that caused a 5-run gap already in the game, during the 2nd inning.

Comment

• Hey, Ken, I missed the 7th inning. I think the Yanks were looking for a can of something. Did they open it up yet, by any chance? What was that can filled with again?

Comment

• Hey Troy... Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo

Prepare to wear a Yankee av and sig line... The Sox will never overcome this punishment (cross my fingers).

GO YANKS!! :gt

Comment

• Great pic!

Can't we take this as an example, instead of bashing each other?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                          Great pic!

Can't we take this as an example, instead of bashing each other?

Regarding the post just above: NAH!

Rub, rub, rub...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Did somebody get lit up today named **** ******* in a five-run sixth inning? I'll give you guys a big hint: First word begins with Josh, and the second word sounds very, very similar to Beckett...am I right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
                              Did somebody get lit up today named **** ******* in a five-run sixth inning? I'll give you guys a big hint: First word begins with Josh, and the second word sounds very, very similar to Beckett...am I right?
                              Why did you guys pitch Jason Johnson on back to back days and why did he throw a complete game today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                                And here's Little Papi, the 2006 and 2005 runner-up MVP!!!!

Awww whaddya know he K'ed, he does do that from time to time doesn't he
                                He 'K'ed did he?

Well, look for him to 'MVP' in November. You can Bank on that!

Why don't you compare his stats to the 2005, (so-called) MVP's stats . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X