This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere
    I have been a member of Baseball-Fever for eight years or so. In that time I've heard some (I'll be nice) 'interesting' viewpoints from Yankee fans. But this one has to be the all-time 'head-shaker'!
    CLUTCH?

Matt wouldn't even say that!
    It is clutch to prevent the pathetic Boston Red Sox from winning the WS for 86 years. Unless you mean it's meaningless because Boston is so pathetic...
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

I have been a member of Baseball-Fever for eight years or so. In that time I've heard some (I'll be nice) 'interesting' viewpoints from Yankee fans. But this one has to be the all-time 'head-shaker'!
      CLUTCH?

Matt wouldn't even say that!
      What would Matt say?

One Thousand, Nine Hundred and Eighteen.

Ah hath spoketh!
      Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
      It is clutch to prevent the pathetic Boston Red Sox from winning the WS for 86 years. Unless you mean it's meaningless because Boston is so pathetic...
      You two need some ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... private time with each other or something?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• I forgot . . . you're from New York.

Originally posted by Mattingly
        What would Matt say?

Ah hath spok'th!
        Well now . . . I guess I over estimated you . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
          What would Matt say?

Ah hath spoketh!

You two need some ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... private time with each other or something?
          Curses, 1918??? Arent you guys done with this yet?? Or will the curse talk start up again and lead up to another huge embarassing loss up 3-0 in the ALCS...Cause Rickey and Matt....IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. You will never know a greater joy..

Comment

• Ken and Evan (or is that Ramon spelled backwards?) need to be put to sleep. Perhaps some beddy bye music.

Boy, Toronto must really be pretty bad right now. They can't even beat Boston. Fine performance by ex-Yankee and Mr President, Theodore Roosevelt Lilly. With the Yanks, he would've won that game.
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Here's a Yankees choke for Red Sox Nation

Here's the picture of the best Yankees game that everyone knows. That is, if you are part of the Red Sox Nation, who choked them in revenge in October 2004. They lost 22-0 at home to the Cleveland Indians. Look at it, they only got 5 hits, and no errors. Could somebody please explain that choke to me?
              Last edited by Solair Wright; 09-02-2006, 01:15 AM. Reason: no need for a quote

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright

Here's the picture of the best Yankees game that everyone knows. That is, if you are part of the Red Sox Nation, who choked them in revenge in October 2004. They lost 22-0 at home to the Cleveland Indians. Look at it, they only got 5 hits, and no errors. Could somebody please explain that choke to me?
                How dareth thou mock on the mighty Yankees? Thou, who have only nine WS victories?

Compared to our 26 titles, you are just our little brother...

Just sit down in the waiting room until thou won 26 WS titles as well...
                Last edited by ; 09-02-2006, 03:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                  Curses, 1918??? Arent you guys done with this yet?? Or will the curse talk start up again and lead up to another huge embarassing loss up 3-0 in the ALCS...Cause Rickey and Matt....IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. You will never know a greater joy.
                  The Curse has Returned!!!!

Anopther injury for Boston, this ain't natural so their is only one logical explanation:

I`ve never seen my team win the World Series or even win the pennant. At least Boston fans saw their team win the pennant. I`d have to say that after November 2006 I`ll be pretty happy because of that.

Comment

• Go Villone!!!

Comment

Go Villone!!!
                      2001's injury-plagued season has returned. Remember, they folded like a lawn chair in September.

Villone's been overused. Either Torre trusts someone or he doesn't. Remember when Villone wasn't even trusted?

Comment

Curses, 1918??? Arent you guys done with this yet?? Or will the curse talk start up again and lead up to another huge embarassing loss up 3-0 in the ALCS...Cause Rickey and Matt....IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. You will never know a greater joy..

Better get used to it, (I had to). They're alot like my 5 year old. He always repeated meaningless things over & over too.
                        But he outgrew it!

Comment

Better get used to it, (I had to). They're alot like my 5 year old. He always repeated meaningless things over & over too.
                          But he outgrew it!
                          Huh what was that. HEY I don`t repeat things!!!!!!!! Oh by the way.

Comment

• Just a reminder for all Yankee haters:
                            Attached Files

Comment

But he outgrew it!
                              Your kid will be a great-grandparent before seeing another Beantown parade, unless it's hosted by the Pats. Speaking of which, that should be your new av.

Wave the white flag, Ken!

Hey, Ken! Your fave chowda has gone bad. We're replacing it with a tasty treat. One that you're ohhhhhhhhh so used to!

Last edited by Mattingly; 09-03-2006, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Thank goodness for Columbus Day. Otherwise, how would Beantown ever get another parade again until 2090?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X