X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere
    Jocularity, jocularity . . .
    Anyone notice how Ken still has time to joke after his team got crushed & pureed like a can of RED TOMATOES in THEIR HOUSE?

Youz peoplez just lost a game in the standings tonight, Ken. Now if you could've done like Tampa Bay, ya could've beaten a contender like the Twins, like them Yanks did. Each Beantown loss tightens the noose a little more. Brings the Yanks closer and closer to October, as it does each of 3 teams in the AL Central. Only one team from the East, and Beantown won't be that team.

One step closer to elimination. Step by step ... inch by inch!

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
    Last edited by Mattingly; 09-07-2006, 12:47 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
      Anyone notice how Ken still has time to joke after his team got crushed & pureed like a can of RED TOMATOES in THEIR HOUSE?

Youz peoplez just lost a game in the standings tonight, Ken. Now if you could've done like Tampa Bay, ya could've beaten a contender like the Twins, like them Yanks did. Each Beantown loss tightens the noose a little more. Brings the Yanks closer and closer to October, as it does each of 3 teams in the AL Central. Only one team from the East, and Beantown won't be that team.

One step closer to elimination. Step by step ... inch by inch!

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
      Errr, Matt are you feeling okay? What did you have for breakfast?
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
        Errr, Matt are you feeling okay? What did you have for breakfast?
        Two eggs with a tomato ... or was that tomahto? I added in some potato ... or was that potahto?

Anyway, you make fun of Beantown's losing and see if you don't run out of ideas eventually. Hey, Toronto would look good in 2nd place about now.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Isn't it wonderful that Anibal Sanchez, obtained along with Hanley Ramirez and others in the Beckett/Lowell trade, did so well? Happens when a guy's young and doesn't give up 33 longballs ... and counting.

Hmmmmmmmmm, how are Beantown's hopes doin' this morning? Slip slidin' away? Hanging on by a razor-thin string?

Originally posted by Erik Bedard
          Oh, and guess what I learned today? The term "Yankee" was originally a derogatory term dating to Civil War days, when it was used by Southerners to describe Northerners. So naming a team the New York Yankees is like naming a team the L.A. Crackheads.
          Just where, pray tell, did you learn this? Sounds like your Edumacation 101 class has gone kaput!

The Yankees represent the finer things in life. Pride, power, pinstripes. Add in aura and mystique and you've got quite a handful there. Throw the #26 in there also and there's something supporting this as well. Those Damned Yankees just keep doin' it!

Gee, I wonder which year this could be from? So many to choose.

Now then, please note that the name "Yankee" indicates a prideful and powerful baseball organization that annually steals the hearts and souls out of the helpless New England Chowdaheads, keeping the prized jewelry all for themselves. That there is the American way and the Yankee way of doing things!

Make sure you study up on your American history, and until 2090, your great grandkids will read up on the never-ending failures of the loserboy (and losergirl) Boston "team". Always being teased, coming so close, but never ever snatching up the big prize. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, ain't that a pity. Shuckums.

GO KANSAS CITY!
          Last edited by Mattingly; 09-08-2006, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Mattingly, I had a question. What does a picture of a Red Sox World Series parade look like? If you have pictures of those chowdaheads parading about a World Series ring, let me know.

Only six WS titles for the Red Sox, and they have a while to reach the combined WS titles of the Yankees and Cardinals (35 vs. 6). I'm guessing by the year 2340, they'll finally get to 35 World Series titles, but the Yanks and Cardinals will be so far ahead of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
              Mattingly, I had a question. What does a picture of a Red Sox World Series parade look like? If you have pictures of those chowdaheads parading about a World Series ring, let me know.

Only six WS titles for the Red Sox, and they have a while to reach the combined WS titles of the Yankees and Cardinals (35 vs. 6). I'm guessing by the year 2340, they'll finally get to 35 World Series titles, but the Yanks and Cardinals will be so far ahead of them.
              They supposedly had one recently, but that one just may have been a fluke. Rumor has it that those last 8 games didn't count.

Anyway, they've buried all those pix into a time capsule. I hadn't realized it would be 2340. In the past, I'd said 2018, but that's been now pushed back to 2090.

By 2340, the Ghost of Mariano Rivera the 15th will pitch it, the Ghost of David Ortiz the 16th will be smackin' the ball to the fence, only to have it stolen away by the Ghost of Johnny Damon the 17th. That there will end the ballgame on a winning note, and the Ghost of John Sterling the 18th will say, once again:

Ballgame over. ALCS over. Yankees win. THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YANKEES WINNNNNNNNNNNN!

After that, we'll play either the Cards or the Mets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                They supposedly had one recently, but that one just may have been a fluke. Rumor has it that those last 8 games didn't count.

Anyway, they've buried all those pix into a time capsule. I hadn't realized it would be 2340. In the past, I'd said 2018, but that's been now pushed back to 2090.

By 2340, the Ghost of Mariano Rivera the 15th will pitch it, the Ghost of David Ortiz the 16th will be smackin' the ball to the fence, only to have it stolen away by the Ghost of Johnny Damon the 17th. That there will end the ballgame on a winning note, and the Ghost of John Sterling the 18th will say, once again:

Ballgame over. ALCS over. Yankees win. THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU YANKEES WINNNNNNNNNNNN!

After that, we'll play either the Cards or the Mets.
                Solair and Mattingly, its the lovefest of the teams of yesteryear. so cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                  Solair and Mattingly, its the lovefest of the teams of yesteryear. so cute.
                  Well then, 2004 was the yesteryear of yesteryear, so off with you!

Now then, which future year will Beantown come through? 2090? 3090?

Comment

• Well, when the Yankees win another WS then maybe we will talk about that, until then, its the Yankees who are dry, not the Sox.

Comment

Well, when the Yankees win another WS then maybe we will talk about that, until then, its the Yankees who are dry, not the Sox.
                      Well, it is almost two years ago since your last WS win...

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                        Well, it is almost two years ago since your last WS win...
                        2 Whole Years?!?!!

Comment

2 Whole Years?!?!!
                          Almost... But it will be 86 soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                            Almost... But it will be 86 soon enough.
                            Well i hope i live til im 104!

Comment

Well i hope i live til im 104!
                              I'll burn a candle for you.

Comment

• Thank you... and my the expos rest in piece... ooppss

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X