This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
    Almost... But it will be 86 soon enough.
    Well i hope i live til im 104!

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
      I'll burn a candle for you.

Comment

• Thank you... and my the expos rest in piece... ooppss

Comment

Nahhhhhhhhhh, just when you'll be explaining to your great-great-great-great-great grandkids how the hapless Sawx finally got lucky, and then just one strike away from winning it all again in 2090, the Ghost of Bill "Bowl Legs" Buckner the 19th will appear. He will be running away from the Ghost of Mookie "Supa Man" Wilson the 20th.

And it's a slow roller to 1st ...

Smile, you're on Candid Camera!

Hiya, Evan!

These days Bill Buckner sticks to
          fielding questions.

The end of an error
          He played for both the Cubs and Red Sox, so who better to provide Page 2 with an inside take on the 2003 baseball playoffs than Bill Buckner.

Here's an excerpt of Billy Buck's Playoff Diary from Tuesday night.

NLCS, Game 6: Marlins at Cubs
          Top of the eighth: With the Marlins trailing 3-0, Florida's Mike Mordecai leads off the inning with a flyout to Moises Alou in left. The Cubs are five outs away from their first World Series in 58 years, and ace Mark Prior has given up only three hits. These great fans at Wrigley really deserve a night like this. I've always admired how they support their team win or lose. They're not like fans in a lot of other cities where they obsess over one bad play for 17 years or don't appreciate a guy who hit over .300 seven times.
          Last edited by Mattingly; 09-08-2006, 03:27 PM.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
            Nahhhhhhhhhh, just when you'll be explaining to your great-great-great-great-great grandkids how the hapless Sawx finally got lucky, and then just one strike away from winning it all again in 2090, the Ghost of Bill "Bowl Legs" Buckner the 19th will appear. He will be running away from the Ghost of Mookie "Supa Man" Wilson the 20th.

And it's a slow roller to 1st ...

Smile, you're on Candid Camera!

Hiya, Evan!

These days Bill Buckner sticks to
            fielding questions.

The end of an error
            I prefer this one...

Or this one...

Comment

I prefer this one...

Or this one...

Oh Yeah, well Insert Witty Response. Hah Take that
              Last edited by Mariano_Rivera; 09-08-2006, 04:18 PM.
              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

I prefer this one...

Or this one...

Okay we all know that Red Sox fan is a synonym for strange...

But a Red Sox fans preferring a D-Backs and Marlins WS win over the one of his own team... THAT'S WEIRD.

Comment

But a Red Sox fans preferring a D-Backs and Marlins WS win over the one of his own team... THAT'S WEIRD.
                  Note: The Bitter Rivals Thread has reached 100,000 views which mean 100,00 people have seen the brutal thrashing the Yankees fans have given Red Sox fans since circa 1903

Comment

Much less a picture of the Yankees ace of 2005 and the number 3 starter of 2006

Comment

• Isnt it weird that the 3 guys in those pics all play for our teams.... If only Johnson and Beckett could pitch as well as they did back then...

Well maybe not Johnson....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                        Note: The Bitter Rivals Thread has reached 100,000 views which mean 100,00 people have seen the brutal thrashing the Yankees fans have given Red Sox fans since circa 1903
                        Jeez, computers have been around a lot longer than i had thought.

Comment

Jeez, computers have been around a lot longer than i had thought.
                          I think that computers came to be around the 1950s. However, the Yanks have 30 years on them in having spanked Beantown since 1923. Just remember. we had nothing--absolutely *NOTHING*--until one certain player trade.

Not to worry, 2090 isn't that far away. I'm sure you die=hard Beantowners are patient.
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Isnt it weird that the 3 guys in those pics all play for our teams.... If only Johnson and Beckett could pitch as well as they did back then...

Well maybe not Johnson....
                            You mean Johnson doesn`t?????!!!!!!!!! I haven`t noticed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                              You mean Johnson doesn`t?????!!!!!!!!! I haven`t noticed!
                              Where have you been? On the South Pole?

Comment

• How many dingers will Josh "33 HRs" Beckett give up this game?

Oh, and Yanks won already.
                                Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                                Where have you been? On the South Pole?
                                You've gotta worry a bit about some of these Yankee fans. This one's almost as "touched" as myself.
                                Last edited by Mattingly; 09-09-2006, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X