Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mattingly
    Yeah, but a sweep here is always two weeks mandatory.
    Put ya avatah where ya mouth is.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by EvanAparra
      Put ya avatah where ya mouth is.
      Said the uncouth Bostonian. I'm simply telling them of the standard rules when betting. I'm not betting. BTW, I already know you Beantowners will lose mightily.

      You Beantowners are like the kid who always gets flogged in public, but then comes back and says, "Yeah, I bet ya can't do it again".

      Oh, and did I mention that Loewen is on his way to a monster game tonight? Geeeeeeeee, that Baltimore clam bake should be tasting wonderful about now. Make sure you bring some back for me.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

      Comment


      • Trivia Time!!!!!

        This is for you Evan

        What MLB team (yes, some people think it's a minor league team but it's true it's a major league team) has A: Failed to win an MVP award in over 100 years of existence, B: Has less than half the championships the Yankees have C: Made one of the worst front office decisions in history by selling a certain pitcher who went on to be a certain slugger who hit 714 HR D: Is about to be swept under the carpet by the 26 time WS champion New York Yankees. Well Evan what is this MLB (no not minor league) baseball team?
        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mattingly
          Said the uncouth Bostonian. I'm simply telling them of the standard rules when betting. I'm not betting. BTW, I already know you Beantowners will lose mightily.

          You Beantowners are like the kid who always gets flogged in public, but then comes back and says, "Yeah, I bet ya can't do it again".
          26 times it's been proven and yopu still come back for more, 4-1 in the last decade if you want that split, 1-1 in this century with the Yankees having the advantage in the regular season.
          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
            Trivia Time!!!!!

            This is for you Evan

            What MLB team (yes, some people think it's a minor league team but it's true it's a major league team) has A: Failed to win an MVP award in over 100 years of existence, B: Has less than half the championships the Yankees have C: Made one of the worst front office decisions in history by selling a certain pitcher who went on to be a certain slugger who hit 714 HR D: Is about to be swept under the carpet by the 26 time WS champion New York Yankees. Well Evan what is this MLB (no not minor league) baseball team?
            A: Yeah i guess Gordon DID deserve to win over Williams, even when williams hits for the triple crown.

            B: Pretty much every team in existence

            C: That happened about 70 years before i was born, dont really care. Ruth wanted out, they gave him his wish, back fired like a motha.

            D: I think the biggest under the carpet sweep had to come in the 04 ALCS, where one certain team became the FIRST TEAM IN MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORY to blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs, seriously, that must have hurt.

            Comment


            • Further proof that even a fan of the Yankees and Lakers can still be a superstar and maintain dignity (unless some chowdaheads out there who sold their soul to the guy downstairs 2 seasons ago):

              Yankees Fan Jack Nicholson Refused To Wear Red Sox Cap in New Film
              Lifelong New York Yankees fan Jack Nicholson refused to wear a baseball cap sporting the badge of his team's rivals for his role as a Boston, Massachusetts, gangster in new movie The Departed.

              Director Martin Scorsese suggested the movie legend wear a Boston Red Sox cap for one pivotal scene, but backed down when New Yorker Nicholson insisted he wouldn't wear the head gear out of loyalty to the Yankees.

              Instead, the star dons a Yankees cap in the scene, according to magazine Sports Illustrated.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mattingly
                Further proof that even a fan of the Yankees and Lakers can still be a superstar and maintain dignity (unless some chowdaheads out there who sold their soul to the guy downstairs 2 seasons ago):

                Yankees Fan Jack Nicholson Refused To Wear Red Sox Cap in New Film
                This is why I hate Jack AND Adam Sandler.... Man...who do we have..Ben Affleck!!! .... wait...that actually kinda sucks...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EvanAparra
                  This is why I hate Jack AND Adam Sandler.... Man...who do we have..Ben Affleck!!! .... wait...that actually kinda sucks...
                  Someone I know (a Beantowner, might I add) was being called "Ben Affleck" a few times. He'd mentioned that he'd preferred Matt Damon. Well, the name "Matt" was soon replaced with "Johnny", so the Beantowner was promptly called an "ex-idiot". Either that or Judas Demon.

                  See, Beantowners can never win. Now then, go to your room and sit back at tonight's horror show. For you Boston fans, anyway.

                  Oh, I can't find my dictionary. What does this word mean?

                  clinch
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                  Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                  THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                  Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                    Trivia Time!!!!!

                    This is for you Evan

                    What MLB team (yes, some people think it's a minor league team but it's true it's a major league team) has A: Failed to win an MVP award in over 100 years of existence, B: Has less than half the championships the Yankees have C: Made one of the worst front office decisions in history by selling a certain pitcher who went on to be a certain slugger who hit 714 HR D: Is about to be swept under the carpet by the 26 time WS champion New York Yankees. Well Evan what is this MLB (no not minor league) baseball team?

                    Oh yeah, and looking, whats this MVP stuff? Mo Vaughn, Roger Clemens, Jim Rice, Fred Lynn, Yaz, Jackie Jensen, Ted Williams has 2, and Tris Speaker had one.

                    Comment


                    • It's a shame that Evan is the sole survivor of Red Sox Nation after what the New York Yankees did to the Red Sox last month. The remains of Red Sox Nation are now crossing the finish line, and here they come! That means, the Red Sox's season is virtually over.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Solair Wright
                        It's a shame that Evan is the sole survivor of Red Sox Nation after what the New York Yankees did to the Red Sox last month. The remains of Red Sox Nation are now crossing the finish line, and here they come! That means, the Red Sox's season is virtually over.

                        Yeah besides him I see KenFougère hop around once in a while. But that's about it. During the better days of the Red Sox we saw a certain CB, but I think that she doesn't dare to come out of Matt's trunk anymore.

                        Comment


                        • I hereby apologize in advance for any damage that will be done upon your Beantown "team" this weekend. I will call the local 5 & 10 store to see if they have a large assortment of tissues for you to dab your faces with. In the event that does work, I hereby offer the following:



                          Oh, I must remember the headline news:

                          Wake's a 10-5 Guy: 10 Hits in Five Innings
                          Not Even Ortiz Can Hit in This Lineup

                          To all the crazy memories of 2 seasons ago, I say Cowboy Up in Camden Yards!



                          Anyway, as to tonight's game, it's raining, it's pouring, the Sawx' season is snoring!
                          Last edited by Mattingly; 09-15-2006, 03:04 PM.
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by EvanAparra
                            A: Yeah i guess Gordon DID deserve to win over Williams, even when williams hits for the triple crown.

                            B: Pretty much every team in existence

                            C: That happened about 70 years before i was born, dont really care. Ruth wanted out, they gave him his wish, back fired like a motha.

                            D: I think the biggest under the carpet sweep had to come in the 04 ALCS, where one certain team became the FIRST TEAM IN MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORY to blow a 3-0 lead in the playoffs, seriously, that must have hurt.
                            Que dia es hoy?
                            2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                              Yeah besides him I see KenFougère hop around once in a while. But that's about it. During the better days of the Red Sox we saw a certain CB, but I think that she doesn't dare to come out of Matt's trunk anymore.
                              Hey! Do I not count or something? I posted here... umm.... once in the past week.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mattingly
                                I hereby apologize in advance for any damage that will be done upon your Beantown "team" this weekend. I will call the local 5 & 10 store to see if they have a large assortment of tissues for you to dab your faces with. In the event that does work, I hereby offer the following:



                                Oh, I must remember the headline news:

                                Wake's a 10-5 Guy: 10 Hits in Five Innings
                                Not Even Ortiz Can Hit in This Lineup

                                To all the crazy memories of 2 seasons ago, I say Cowboy Up in Camden Yards!



                                Anyway, as to tonight's game, it's raining, it's pouring, the Sawx' season is snoring!
                                Again, Matt: 4-0 is not bad when you're up against the best in the business.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X