• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Now then, the $64,000 question:

If it weren't for Babe Ruth, Jr, would Beantown really have won in

NINETEEN EIGHTEEN!

It is actually a federal offense now to bring up 1918, given our World Series Championship

TWO YEARS AGO!!!
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
      It is actually a federal offense now to bring up 1918, given our World Series Championship

TWO YEARS AGO!!!
      Encore, I say, Encore!

Now let's see ya do it again to keep me quiet!

Oh, if Ken's laptop ever decides to work, here's a nice pic for him to admire. Don't worry, it's pre-approved from his fellow dirt doggin' Beantonwers:

What's the score now? 26-6? Could be 27-6 shortly.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Every Yankee fan can now be a supa dupa star:

http://www.everyoneshero.com/flash/index.html

See the ticker tape in the left picture. Check the lack of well-manicured lawns, as found on a golf course? Beantowners, please take note.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• I believe the Dark Side will triumph for the 9th consecutive time tomorrow. Just keep doing what your doing.

Ewww kckid. What on earth did you do to poor Ichiro.
          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• History lesson time!

OK, in 1903, who won the World Series? That's right, the Boston Red Sox! (then known as the Pilgrims)

So, nine years later, who won the World Series again? That's right, the Red Sox!

Just two years later, who won again? And again the next year? And then again two years after that? You guessed it - the Red Sox!

So, if history holds true, we should be expecting a WS championsip in 2013, followed by 2016, 2017, and 2019. The Yankees must wait until 2023, if history holds true.

Comment

• If history holds true, Boston won't win it again for 86 years. The facts speak for themselves.

Bucky wore #20; Boone wore #19; Judas Demon wears #18.

Any questions?

Oh yeah, it's all 1's, baby.

11 GB

Magic Number = 1

Nice knowing ya!

Last edited by Mattingly; 09-19-2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Maybe the Red Sox need to add another $50 million to the payroll and they'd be even with the Yankees in the standings. Let's see...how many star players could you buy with that much money?
                2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• 2001: 110 million
                  2002: 126 million
                  2003: 150 million
                  2004: 187 million
                  2005: 206 million
                  2006: 198 million

Thats 976 million dollars since the Yankees last won a world series....
                  I'd be willing to wager that most teams that have never given out that much in their entire exsistances.
                  With the luxury tax and all the dead/trademoney the yankees pay out I'm sure its almost to 1.25 billion dollars in 6 years.

The only question that reamins is that enough to buy a championship this year?

Oh wait I forgot baseball isn't about money
                  Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ESPNFan
                    No, but the MLB is.
                    2016 World Series Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by ESPNFan
                      2001: 110 million
                      2002: 126 million
                      2003: 150 million
                      2004: 187 million
                      2005: 206 million
                      2006: 198 million

Thats 976 million dollars since the Yankees last won a world series....
                      I'd be willing to wager that most teams that have never given out that much in their entire exsistances.
                      With the luxury tax and all the dead/trademoney the yankees pay out I'm sure its almost to 1.25 billion dollars in 6 years.

The only question that reamins is that enough to buy a championship this year?

All hail the great Emporer George for spending his money, unlike that dirty little cheapskate in Boston.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                        All hail the great Emporer George for spending his money, unlike that dirty little cheapskate in Boston.
                        Ah yes, how dare we spend money we don't have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                          I believe the Dark Side will triumph for the 9th consecutive time tomorrow. Just keep doing what your doing.

Ewww kckid. What on earth did you do to poor Ichiro.
                          I think that it's a great look, Imagine that! Ichiro,Youk, Manny, Papi! I've already got a Boston Jersey bookmarked and ready to order for his arrival

Comment

• Look at it this way, at least the Cardinals got further than the Yankees two years in a row. Just because your team has the highest payroll doesn't guarantee a World Series victory. Look at players' injuries, temperment, poor management, and other anomalies. It can be said with Renteria last year with the Red Sox. I thought he would provide more pop and speed to the team, but his 30 errors, being constantly booed and a poor year altogether ruined his chances in Beantown.

Now look at Chuck Knoblauch with the Yankees. His time at Minnesota provided to be enough to replace Mariano Duncan. Then he was stricken with Steve Blass disease, or "The Yips." His constant throwing errors were plentiful, and one hit a sportscaster's mother in the mouth, but she was okay. His time with the Yankees proved to be a huge failure, and eventually Chuck was moved from second base to left field. He eventually retired after 2002.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                              If history holds true, Boston won't win it again for 86 years. The facts speak for themselves.

Bucky wore #20; Boone wore #19; Judas Demon wears #18.

Any questions?

Oh yeah, it's all 1's, baby.

11 GB

Magic Number = 1

Nice knowing ya!

See, you're forgetting that we won FIVE before your Yankees won ONE. So, we should expect FOUR more before you expect ONE more.

Good luck facing Johan Santana in the first round of the playoffs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Bedard
                                History lesson time!

OK, in 1903, who won the World Series? That's right, the Boston Red Sox! (then known as the Pilgrims)

So, nine years later, who won the World Series again? That's right, the Red Sox!

Just two years later, who won again? And again the next year? And then again two years after that? You guessed it - the Red Sox!

So, if history holds true, we should be expecting a WS championsip in 2013, followed by 2016, 2017, and 2019. The Yankees must wait until 2023, if history holds true.
                                This is the 10th anneversiary of the beginning of the Torre era. We should win in '06, '08, '09 and '10

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X