Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by EvanAparra
    Not that i want to talk about it badly or anything, but why should they be out of bounds? I dont see any rules against it...
    It gets really argumentative when that's brought up. It never steps, people take sides. I simply have very little patience for discussion of that fight. If it were any other fight between other teams, I guess so, but these two teams, things get set off way too easily.

    If calm can be kept, I'm fine. Otherwise, it's taunting that often gets personal, from what I've seen.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • Ok, thats fine. I just thought you were saying we couldnt talk about it because you didnt want to talk about it.

      I think everyone in here can keep there cool. (as long as ssbguy isnt here).

      But, its been talked about to death, so now, back to why the Yankees are whats wrong with baseball.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
        Speaking of slides.....

        Last time I checked, he never slid and since it was pre-david robert's amazing, stupendious, holy, wonderful, spactacular, great steal that blew the death star into a billion, trillion little pieces, who cares?

        Note to Yankee fans: Jeter was suppose to be standing there anyways as the third cut-off, so if he was where he was SUPPOSE to be, he never would of had to do that wimpy little flip that somehow blew into Posada's mitt in the first place! Nomar would of been standing there in the first place

        Comment


        • Originally posted by EvanAparra
          Ok, thats fine. I just thought you were saying we couldnt talk about it because you didnt want to talk about it.

          I think everyone in here can keep there cool. (as long as ssbguy isnt here).

          But, its been talked about to death, so now, back to why the Yankees are whats wrong with baseball.
          Sometimes I do feel like it's because I don't want to talk about it. Some things, despite being 2 years old, have a life of their own. If it were the Ryan-Ventura fight, it would be hilarious. This one seems to get harsh feelings, and people turn from fun to negative in zero time. That's too high a maintenance bill for me, so I just try avoiding it altogether.

          Yes, now we'll return to why Beantown is bad for baseball, and why Toronto is the heir apparent to be 2nd fiddle. Hey, if you people don't want it, someone else does.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kckid2599
            Last time I checked, he never slid and since it was pre-david robert's amazing, stupendious, holy, wonderful, spactacular, great steal that blew the death star into a billion, trillion little pieces, who cares?

            Note to Yankee fans: Jeter was suppose to be standing there anyways as the third cut-off, so if he was where he was SUPPOSE to be, he never would of had to do that wimpy little flip that somehow blew into Posada's mitt in the first place! Nomar would of been standing there in the first place
            I think it was a matter of the Yanks not calling for a pitchout. Do this, he's dead meat. When a bench guy replaces a regular hitter at 1B, a steal shouldn't be something unheard of.

            As to the Jeter "flip", it was Shane Spencer who'd thrown it, missed two cutoff men (I think Nick Johnson (1B) and Alfonso Soriano (2B)), so Jeter, seeing that the ball would've headed foul before it hit home plate (if you've seen the replay a gazillion times), that if someone wasn't there, the game would've been tied.

            For some strange reason, every time I see the replay, it looks like Posada swiped Jeremy Giambi but never tagged him. I didn't hear any protests from Oakland's end on the play, so mum's the word from me.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

            Comment


            • You know the expression "It's not until the fat lady sings?" Well, she will be silenced with her vocal cords cut, and it's time the Sox will fight for everything and get a good team. The Sox will not make it to the playoffs, but they'll prove that they are in fighting shape.

              Comment


              • 2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                Comment


                • Deleted, after reading Matt's post.

                  Comment


                  • The Ruth Moment That History Forgot..


                    "The Babe worked the count to three and two, then drew his eleventh walk of the Series. Clean-up man Bob Meusel prepared to put the winning run on base, but was denied when the anxious Bambino attempted to steal second. Although he had successfully stolen against the Cardinals in Game 6, he was slow off the start and catcher Bob O'Farrell's throw to Hornsby nailed the Yankees' slugger ending the Fall Classic. Many fans were furious with Ruth and believed that his mistake had clearly cost the Series."- BaseballAlmanac

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by kckid2599
                      "The Babe worked the count to three and two, then drew his eleventh walk of the Series. Clean-up man Bob Meusel prepared to put the winning run on base, but was denied when the anxious Bambino attempted to steal second. Although he had successfully stolen against the Cardinals in Game 6, he was slow off the start and catcher Bob O'Farrell's throw to Hornsby nailed the Yankees' slugger ending the Fall Classic. Many fans were furious with Ruth and believed that his mistake had clearly cost the Series."- BaseballAlmanac
                      li'l kckid ... he'll be sadly missed. I've ... been forced to send the cute li'l tyke to the dungeon for posting like this about the Yankees. We'll see him ... sometime soon. Do wish him well, and make sure you add some butter but that bread, hoping it doesn't spoil, as we feed him this every other day. Oh, and do remember to add some honey or sugar to the pipewater. Those NYC sewers do contain alligators, so you never know what's in it.

                      kckid's new home:



                      How we keep him in his place!



                      Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
                      Last edited by Mattingly; 09-23-2006, 06:45 AM.
                      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mattingly
                        li'l kckid ... he'll be sadly missed. I've ... been forced to send the cute li'l tyke to the dungeon for posting like this about the Yankees. We'll see him ... sometime soon. Do wish him well, and make sure you add some butter but that bread, hoping it doesn't spoil, as we feed him this every other day. Oh, and do remember to add some honey or sugar to the pipewater. Those NYC sewers do contain alligators, so you never know what's in it.

                        kckid's new home:



                        How we keep him in his place!



                        Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
                        li'l tyke? yesh. maybe it's time for a name change... maybe DRobertsismyhero? is that less than 16? or maybe Choke2599?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by kckid2599
                          li'l tyke? yesh. maybe it's time for a name change... maybe DRobertsismyhero? is that less than 16? or maybe Choke2599?
                          Alas, the young lion was never heard from again. Last seen typing furiously away on a laptop when an evil man wearing a pinstriped suit opened the door and swooped him away to the valleys of darkness.

                          kckid's final words: I'll never wear that Yankee cap, ya bum!

                          The attacker's last words: oh yes you will, li'l one!

                          *Fades out to violin music*
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mattingly
                            li'l kckid ... he'll be sadly missed. I've ... been forced to send the cute li'l tyke to the dungeon for posting like this about the Yankees. We'll see him ... sometime soon. Do wish him well, and make sure you add some butter but that bread, hoping it doesn't spoil, as we feed him this every other day. Oh, and do remember to add some honey or sugar to the pipewater. Those NYC sewers do contain alligators, so you never know what's in it.

                            kckid's new home:



                            How we keep him in his place!



                            Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
                            I hope you saved Ichiro first!!!!!!!!!
                            2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                            Comment


                            • I need a sig change
                              2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mattingly
                                Alas, the young lion was never heard from again. Last seen typing furiously away on a laptop when an evil man wearing a pinstriped suit opened the door and swooped him away to the valleys of darkness.

                                kckid's final words: I'll never wear that Yankee cap, ya bum!

                                The attacker's last words: oh yes you will, li'l one!

                                *Fades out to violin music*
                                Locking me away so I'll wear a Yankee cap? Is olde Georgey boy running out of pinstripe supporters? What's next, hyptnosis? You will like New Yahoo field presented by Washington Mutual Finanical Co.You will like New Yahoo field presented by Washington Mutual Finanical Co..... You will not miss Old Yankee Stadium...You will like New Yahoo field presented by Washington Mutual Finanical Co. Remember to keep your eyes on the watch, yankee fans
                                Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 09-23-2006, 09:33 AM.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X