Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SoxSon
    Is this from a fan of the team that overpaid Johnny "I need two cutoff men" Damon?
    Yes, so you could have Coco "Johnny's better" Crisp, who was the lesser of two Cleveland outfielders. Had ya gotten Grady Sizemore, you would've had a point. As is, no soup for you!

    Anyway, Coco had all of 1 hit at Fenway that Massacre weekend. The Boston Strangler did make house calls ... in *YOUR HOUSE*, might I add. Gee, I wonder if Johnny had a hit or 2, or 3 in each of the first 3 games.

    Now if only he hadn't hit into a DP with the bases loaded. Oh boy.

    Now then, have you been taking golf lessons? I hear the bookings have been filling up of late. Oh yes, please do avoid Boston Harbor. There may be a few "adventerous" types out there being given their last rites before going in for a swim. Cement shoes, as expected.
    Last edited by Mattingly; 09-18-2006, 03:34 PM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • Just as it will be in the Hudson when the Yanks implode in the playoffs, AGAIN.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by EvanAparra
        Just as it will be in the Hudson when the Yanks implode in the playoffs, AGAIN.
        http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/

        The last time Beantown won the division was in 1995. Since then, 4 WC things and a blooper that didn't count.

        We did it before and we can do it again!

        Now then, the $64,000 question:

        If it weren't for Babe Ruth, Jr, would Beantown really have won in

        NINETEEN EIGHTEEN!
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mattingly
          Now then, the $64,000 question:

          If it weren't for Babe Ruth, Jr, would Beantown really have won in

          NINETEEN EIGHTEEN!

          It is actually a federal offense now to bring up 1918, given our World Series Championship

          TWO YEARS AGO!!!
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SoxSon
            It is actually a federal offense now to bring up 1918, given our World Series Championship

            TWO YEARS AGO!!!
            Encore, I say, Encore!

            Now let's see ya do it again to keep me quiet!

            Oh, if Ken's laptop ever decides to work, here's a nice pic for him to admire. Don't worry, it's pre-approved from his fellow dirt doggin' Beantonwers:



            What's the score now? 26-6? Could be 27-6 shortly.
            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

            Comment


            • Every Yankee fan can now be a supa dupa star:

              http://www.everyoneshero.com/flash/index.html



              See the ticker tape in the left picture. Check the lack of well-manicured lawns, as found on a golf course? Beantowners, please take note.
              Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
              THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
              Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

              Comment


              • I believe the Dark Side will triumph for the 9th consecutive time tomorrow. Just keep doing what your doing.

                Ewww kckid. What on earth did you do to poor Ichiro.
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                Comment


                • History lesson time!

                  OK, in 1903, who won the World Series? That's right, the Boston Red Sox! (then known as the Pilgrims)

                  So, nine years later, who won the World Series again? That's right, the Red Sox!

                  Just two years later, who won again? And again the next year? And then again two years after that? You guessed it - the Red Sox!

                  So, if history holds true, we should be expecting a WS championsip in 2013, followed by 2016, 2017, and 2019. The Yankees must wait until 2023, if history holds true.

                  Comment


                  • If history holds true, Boston won't win it again for 86 years. The facts speak for themselves.

                    Bucky wore #20; Boone wore #19; Judas Demon wears #18.

                    Any questions?

                    Oh yeah, it's all 1's, baby.

                    11 GB

                    Magic Number = 1

                    Nice knowing ya!

                    Last edited by Mattingly; 09-19-2006, 11:30 PM.
                    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                    Comment


                    • Maybe the Red Sox need to add another $50 million to the payroll and they'd be even with the Yankees in the standings. Let's see...how many star players could you buy with that much money?
                      2016 World Series Champions

                      Comment


                      • 2001: 110 million
                        2002: 126 million
                        2003: 150 million
                        2004: 187 million
                        2005: 206 million
                        2006: 198 million

                        Thats 976 million dollars since the Yankees last won a world series....
                        I'd be willing to wager that most teams that have never given out that much in their entire exsistances.
                        With the luxury tax and all the dead/trademoney the yankees pay out I'm sure its almost to 1.25 billion dollars in 6 years.

                        The only question that reamins is that enough to buy a championship this year?

                        Oh wait I forgot baseball isn't about money
                        Get out the Vote!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ESPNFan
                          Oh wait I forgot baseball isn't about money
                          No, but the MLB is.
                          2016 World Series Champions

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ESPNFan
                            2001: 110 million
                            2002: 126 million
                            2003: 150 million
                            2004: 187 million
                            2005: 206 million
                            2006: 198 million

                            Thats 976 million dollars since the Yankees last won a world series....
                            I'd be willing to wager that most teams that have never given out that much in their entire exsistances.
                            With the luxury tax and all the dead/trademoney the yankees pay out I'm sure its almost to 1.25 billion dollars in 6 years.

                            The only question that reamins is that enough to buy a championship this year?

                            Oh wait I forgot baseball isn't about money
                            All hail the great Emporer George for spending his money, unlike that dirty little cheapskate in Boston.
                            2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                              All hail the great Emporer George for spending his money, unlike that dirty little cheapskate in Boston.
                              Ah yes, how dare we spend money we don't have?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                                I believe the Dark Side will triumph for the 9th consecutive time tomorrow. Just keep doing what your doing.

                                Ewww kckid. What on earth did you do to poor Ichiro.
                                I think that it's a great look, Imagine that! Ichiro,Youk, Manny, Papi! I've already got a Boston Jersey bookmarked and ready to order for his arrival

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X