This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
    While SoxSon is boasting about the Beantown Chowdaheads, who was seen at third place today, somebody on that team decided to miss a month off. Who could it be? Does anyone know? Well, anyway, here is MANNY RAMIREZ's Month Off!

Enjoy the stay at third place!
    Excuse me, whats all this mets stuff? Are you hiding from you almost-maybe biggest choke job team ever? (wait no, that was the 04 yanks)

Comment

• I'm a Mets and Cardinals fan, so that means I can never hide the choke job, and they won last night, so it's now down to 2. The Cardinals aren't very good, as I said earlier, but one team in the American League can't beat 100-game losing teams (Royals, D-Rays). It's just a shame Boston isn't doing well this year...

Comment

• ...or maybe not!

I will always remember 1986 as the best year in Mets' history, and 1993 as the worst year (Vince Coleman and Bobby Bonilla, I'm looking at you two).

Comment

• Records against bad teams you say? Whats the Cards record against the hapless Cubbies this year??

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
            Now, which team won an improbable lead in 1978 and 2006, and could very well be on the way to a World Series victory? It may be one team in Beantown, but I don't want to say the answer.
            Don`t forget about '05.
            Originally posted by KenFougere
            That old thing died two years ago. Right around the time that the
            'single greatest monumental collapse in a playoff series in MLB history' occurred.
            Now there's a curse that's so big, it could "c h o k e" a horse . . .
            Laugh and scoff if you wish but that only increases the Sultan's wrath. As you bluster slowly and slowly the icy grip of the curse shall tighten greater and more terrible than ever. Don`t worry Ken, another 84 years will go by just like that *snap*
            2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
              Excuse me, whats all this mets stuff? Are you hiding from you almost-maybe biggest choke job team ever? (wait no, that was the 04 yanks)
              Or the '78 Red Sox or '86 Red Sox or '05 Red Sox or maybe even this....

Comment

• Hahaha, no, the biggest choke job is DEFINATELY being up 3 GAMES TO NONE, one inning away from the world series, with the "best postseason closer" of all time on the mound....AND NOT MAKING IT!! Thats still definately the biggest choke, not just in baseballl, but all of sports.

Comment

Hahaha, no, the biggest choke job is DEFINATELY being up 3 GAMES TO NONE, one inning away from the world series, with the "best postseason closer" of all time on the mound....AND NOT MAKING IT!! Thats still definately the biggest choke, not just in baseballl, but all of sports.
                  How can losing 4 consecutive games EVER compare to '78?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson

You're right,it doesnt.

Comment

Because the Yankees were 1 out away, and even then could still lose 3 games and still win! You know what the odds were that the Yanks would win in that situation? Since you like stats so much RH, here's some interesting ones:http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...n-probability/
                      Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 09-30-2006, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                        Because the Yankees were 1 out away, and even then could still lose 3 games and still win! You know what the odds were that the Yanks would win in that situation? Since you like stats so much RH, here's some interesting ones:http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...n-probability/
                        Eh, YYYYAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN

To imitate Ken. I really did yawn at that Win Probability charts are overrated. The Yankees were incredibly unlucky to lose 3 consecutive games that close. Now losing that big of a lead in the standings, that takes skill. :gt :gt

Unfortuately for me that was the second series I ever saw as a baseball fan and the first ever complete series. I can even remember knowing that it was over after the Damon grand slam.

Comment

Eh, YYYYAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN

To imitate Ken. I really did yawn at that Win Probability charts are overrated. The Yankees were incredibly unlucky to lose 3 consecutive games that close. Now losing that big of a lead in the standings, that takes skill. :gt :gt

Unfortuately for me that was the second series I ever saw as a baseball fan and the first ever complete series. I can even remember knowing that it was over after the Damon grand slam.
                          Unlucky? I can still here Mo and A-Rod choking now!

Comment

Unlucky? I can still here Mo and A-Rod choking now!
                            Small sample size and a lot of 2-1 run games

Comment

• Well then i guess its always just luck in the playoffs then right? Why watch?

Comment

• And as i remember it... Game 7 wasnt a 2-1 run game now was it?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X