Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You take a person out of New York but you can't take the 'New York' out of a person

Originally posted by Mattingly
    I must've been believing the NYC media too much. The Mets got to the playoffs in 1988, but some reporters forgot to mention 2000, which should've been blatantly obvious to all of us.

Anyway, so long as no repeat every "x" number of years is OK, I'm fine. Unless you count once every 86 years, of course.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. This Sawx season is surely a bust! GO TORONTO!
    There's that famous humility that New Yorkers are so well known for . . .
    So gracious especially in victory.
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
      I dont really care if we come in 5th anymore.
      Man, you people gotta wake up. Ken with the Yankee av (sans the bulletholes), you giving up. C'mon, it's no fun getting on you guys' & gals' cases when you don't fight back.

One final attempt to see if there's any life left in Chowdaville:

One Thousand, Nine Hundred and Eighteen!

Originally posted by KenFougere
      There's that famous humility that New Yorkers are so well known for . . .
      So gracious especially in victory.
      Don't be silly, Ken. We lost yesterday. What are you talking about?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, 2nd fiddle or 3rd fiddle this season? Inquiring Noo Yawkas (Bronx faction) want to know.
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• What is the favorite line of the average Red Sox fan?

Wait 'til next year!!!

Comment

• Actually that sentiment has been more of the Yankees forte lately

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real McCoy
            While most of the New York baseball scribblers belong to the "I may be wrong but I'm never uncertain" school of journalism, I believe that most of the references to 1988 contained the phrase, "the last time the Mets won the Division title." At least I hope so.
            Yeah, just checked and that must've been it.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/NL_2000.shtml

The Mets won the WC in 2000, as the Braves and Cards won their divisions, were 1 game better, and the Giants were 3 games better.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/NL_1988.shtml

In 1988, the 100-win Mets were 2nd only to the 104-win A's.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL_1988.shtml
            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Actually that sentiment has been more of the Yankees forte lately
              Especially from 2000-02? Or would that be one certain other team?

Now then, is it better to go to the Big Dance and lose than not to be there at all? Hopefully, we'll bring home the big prize this time.

Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
              What is the favorite line of the average Red Sox fan?

Wait 'til next year!!!
              I see that someone has gotten skunked. Fighting with polecats is hereby prohibited in Yankeeland. You definitely don't want to stick your nose into the same bowl of chowda that they've been grazing from.

Comment

• For once this season I will root for Boston, while playing vs Minnesota.

I prefer Detroit or Chicago in the ALDS...

GO BOSTON!!!

Comment

• Well youve been rooting for Boston for about 3 days now!
                  Thats a mighty nice ring.

Comment

Well youve been rooting for Boston for about 3 days now!
                    Thats a mighty nice ring.
                    Nah... It is only one of six. I don't want to rub it in how much we have...

Comment

• My Cardinals may not have played in the playoffs in 2003, but Boston nearly went into the WS if it weren't for some NY team that has 26 WS rings...and I was rooting for the Red Sox in 2003's ALCS. Why couldn't it have been Boston? Oh yes, because Pedro slammed poor little and old Don Zimmer to the ground. :grouchy

Comment

• Eh. People saying that Pedro was a bad guy for that is lame.

I guess we was supposed to let a 300 lb. old man knock him in the face and embarass him on national tv?

Lucky for Zim, Pedro just game him a bullfighter's OLE! instead of knocking his head off.

Comment

Eh. People saying that Pedro was a bad guy for that is lame.

I guess we was supposed to let a 300 lb. old man knock him in the face and embarass him on national tv?

Lucky for Zim, Pedro just game him a bullfighter's OLE! instead of knocking his head off.
                          It takes 2 sides to start an argument *wink*
                          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• No, it takes one side to start the argument. It just takes two sides to make things interesting... (I mean, continue the argument *cough*).
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• Folks, I think that between the Pedro-Zim thing and the A-Rod-Varitek fight thing should both be out of bounds. I think there are more important things to bicker about in the 103 years that both the Yanks and the Sawx have been in existence.

Thanks.

Coco Crispy is now pitching Hood ice cream. Oh boy.

Red Sox's Coco Crisp becomes pitchman for HP Hood

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                                Folks, I think that between the Pedro-Zim thing and the A-Rod-Varitek fight thing should both be out of bounds. I think there are more important things to bicker about in the 103 years that both the Yanks and the Sawx have been in existence.

Thanks.

Coco Crispy is now pitching Hood ice cream. Oh boy.

Red Sox's Coco Crisp becomes pitchman for HP Hood
                                Reason #5,238 why Coco is better than Damon: Damon(Redsox Damon,atleast)+Longhair+Milk= Sticky Hair and beard!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X