This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murderer's Row--
    I'd like to hear what Mattingly has to say, but I think you're providing way too much data for this thread.

This is just a silly thread where we bash each other in ridiculous ways. Heaven forbid we actually learn anything here!!!
    "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Agreed, but i dont see how what he did could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
        Murderer's Row--
        I'd like to hear what Mattingly has to say, but I think you're providing way too much data for this thread.

This is just a silly thread where we bash each other in ridiculous ways. Heaven forbid we actually learn anything here!!!
        O.K. I suppose that eighty-six years is to much to post. I don't want to overload my new computer with so much data about Red sox losses that it just explodes with pressure.:atthepc But man! I never knew the Red Sox were so horrible! Holy Cow! Even the great Yankees under Horace Clarke couldn't match that!

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
          Agreed, but i dont see how what he did could be wrong.

I didn't use the word wrong, Evan. I don't think it's wrong to include it, necessarily, but all that data sure is an awkward fit. 265 pages in this thread tend to agree with us on that.
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
            But man! I never knew the Red Sox were so horrible! Holy Cow! Even the great Yankees under Horace Clarke couldn't match that!

See now...that's the spirit.

Comment

I didn't use the word wrong, Evan. I don't think it's wrong to include it, necessarily, but all that data sure is an awkward fit. 265 pages in this thread tend to agree with us on that.
              Well in that case I'll be happy to post more.

Comment

Sure, the data did catch me off guard. Just didn't know if you were scolding him for it.

Comment

Sure, the data did catch me off guard. Just didn't know if you were scolding him for it.

It was more my concern about the last thing in that post:
                  I think I'll post the '30s tomorrow.

Don't worry about my scolding ways, anyway (particularly when it's a freakin' Yankee fan ).

Comment

• I just wanna do this one.

June 19, 2000: The Yankees beat the Red Sox 22-1, handing them their most-lopsided home loss ever. New York scored sixteen runs in the final two innings of the game.
                    Now think how long it would take to get to this. The '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, and then up to '03. Remember, 2004 is not a year. It's sort of a scary story/nightmare come true sort of year and didn't really happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                      I just wanna do this one.

June 19, 2000: The Yankees beat the Red Sox 22-1, handing them their most-lopsided home loss ever. New York scored sixteen runs in the final two innings of the game.
                      Now think how long it would take to get to this. The '30s, '40s, '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, and then up to '03. Remember, 2004 is not a year. It's sort of a scary story/nightmare come true sort of year and didn't really happen.
                      I know one even more recent.... anyone remember a 22-0 loss to the indians? A no hitter against the Astros? Or maybe not one but TWO 17-1 losses???

Comment

Murderer's Row--

No rules here, anything goes . . .

Comment

I know one even more recent.... anyone remember a 22-0 loss to the indians? A no hitter against the Astros? Or maybe not one but TWO 17-1 losses???
                          How many pitchers did the Astros use against the Yankees?
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Just wanted to let everyone know, I got a name change. Hope everyone reconizes me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
                              How many pitchers did the Astros use against the Yankees?
                              not one hit off 6 pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599
                                Just wanted to let everyone know, I got a name change. Hope everyone reconizes me.
                                Eh, Williamsburg... reminds me of brooklyn...which reminds me of new york... which reminds of the MFY.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X