Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by EvanAparra
    You are 12?
    Maybe I am maybe I ain`t. I ain`t telling BTW welcome to 3rd. We need a new rival. How 'bout a worthwhile opponent like KC
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

    Comment


    • Get out of the first round first there cheif.

      Comment


      • The Yanks had a choice of becoming the winningest team in 1st place, or tied for 1st, but keeping Boston in 3rd place. Decisions, decisions. Guess which one they took?

        Anyway, what's the biggest choke team ever? The one that's lost Game 7 of the WS more than *ANY OTHER TEAM* in the history of MLB. Again and again and again. Right, Evan?
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

        Comment


        • The New York Yankees choked in four different years this century: 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005. 3-0 lead in 2004 quickly became a 3-3 tie due to poor planning on New York's part. 2003 was because of current Sox Josh Beckett. As for 2001 and 2005, we all know what happened those two years.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Solair Wright
            The New York Yankees choked in four different years this century: 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005. 3-0 lead in 2004 quickly became a 3-3 tie due to poor planning on New York's part. 2003 was because of current Sox Josh Beckett. As for 2001 and 2005, we all know what happened those two years.
            Anyone else see a pattern developing here?
            Ken Fougère

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mattingly
              The Yanks had a choice of becoming the winningest team in 1st place, or tied for 1st, but keeping Boston in 3rd place. Decisions, decisions. Guess which one they took?

              Anyway, what's the biggest choke team ever? The one that's lost Game 7 of the WS more than *ANY OTHER TEAM* in the history of MLB. Again and again and again. Right, Evan?
              But . . .

              Thank God they're not the only team in MLB playoff history to loose game 7
              after leading the series 3 games to NONE!
              Ken Fougère

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KenFougere
                But . . .

                Thank God they're not the only team in MLB playoff history to loose game 7
                after leading the series 3 games to NONE!
                Yeah, that was one year. Beantown, before 2 seasons ago (which obviously didn't count, you'll have to understand) has *ALWAYS* lost Game 7. ALWAYS!

                Now then, where can I get a Fenway Frank from? I hear they're a bit scarce around this time of year.

                Oh yeah, when does Daylight Savings Time go into effect again? Spring forward, fall backwards. Gee, where have I heard that before?

                Hiya, Ken!

                Originally posted by Solair Wright
                The New York Yankees choked in four different years this century: 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2005. 3-0 lead in 2004 quickly became a 3-3 tie due to poor planning on New York's part. 2003 was because of current Sox Josh Beckett. As for 2001 and 2005, we all know what happened those two years.
                Which captain of a certain NY team has twice as many rings as the entire history of the unwanted stepkids of a "team" crosstown? The one that doesn't get the love, despite being in the same town.

                When was the last time the Mets won a WS? In 1986, and only with the help of the Immortal Babe Ruth.

                Now then, praise Mookie, blame Billy Buck (although Schirardi goes down as the only MLB pitcher to have having lost both Games 6 & 7 of a WS, especially when he was 1 strike away on *SEVERAL* batters in Game 6).

                Now then, please feel free to praise the Mighty Yankees, who are rulers of the free world and the favored team in Gotham.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mattingly
                  Yeah, that was one year. Beantown, before 2 seasons ago (which obviously didn't count, you'll have to understand) has *ALWAYS* lost Game 7. ALWAYS!
                  (Always? Not in 2004!)

                  Hiya, Ken!
                  Many teams have lost game 7's and many will more will do so in the future.

                  But the
                  2004 Yankees stand alone and probably always will . . .

                  As THE biggest CHOKE in the history of ALL professional sports!

                  BTW, we won the last 7th game we played.

                  Too bad you can't say the same . . .
                  Last edited by KenFougere; 10-03-2006, 04:48 PM.
                  Ken Fougère

                  Comment


                  • Trivia for Mattingly: Who lost Game 6 in the 2003 World Series and Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS -- BOTH at home that eliminated this team AND was favored heavily to win it? My teams last won in 1982 and '86, but I have that feeling they're going to win again.

                    And here's a photo to prove how BADLY you guys choked during the 2004 ALCS:



                    And here's 2003's version:



                    I guarantee that the 26-time World champions won't stand a chance against the Sox next year. As a bonus, I MUST show this picture!

                    Comment


                    • Tommy Lasorda showed up at my house today and finnaly persuaded me to unlock myself from the basement,which I had been since I saw the O's trainers pouring the gatorade out on the field after the final game of the Red Sox season was ended abruptly, and start cheering against some "certin" teams. Anyways, LET'S GO TIGERS/METS!

                      Comment


                      • Fans of 3rd place teams are not allowed to talk smackey-poo. Please step aside and let the decent folks from Toronto, Canada post here.

                        From now on, no more Beantowners. You must be a Yankee fan or a Blue Jays fan in order to post here.

                        See ya, Beantowners!
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                        Comment


                        • Yeah right, who beat the Yankees in Games 4-7 to win the ALCS?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mattingly
                            Fans of 3rd place teams are not allowed to talk smackey-poo. Please step aside and let the decent folks from Toronto, Canada post here.

                            From now on, no more Beantowners. You must be a Yankee fan or a Blue Jays fan in order to post here.

                            See ya, Beantowners!


                            Anonymous Poster: In case any New York fans of the pinstripe variety were interested, Tonight at 10:30et ESPN classic is running "Top 5 reasons: You can't blame the Yankees for the 2004 ALCS. My list:
                            1.The Red Sox were better.
                            2.The Yankees were worse.
                            3.Marino isin't clutch.
                            4.Big Papi is.
                            5. Curses don't exist.
                            Shall I go on?
                            Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 10-05-2006, 06:12 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mattingly
                              Fans of 3rd place teams are not allowed to talk smackey-poo. Please step aside and let the decent folks from Toronto, Canada post here.

                              From now on, no more Beantowners. You must be a Yankee fan or a Blue Jays fan in order to post here.

                              See ya, Beantowners!
                              OK, now we have to scare up a Jays fan...tall order!!
                              I'll take the slightly better draft pick over finishing a meaningless 2nd place, thank you.
                              Oh, that's right, the draft has no meaning to the Yankees, sorry.
                              "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by hellborn
                                OK, now we have to scare up a Jays fan...tall order!!
                                I'll take the slightly better draft pick over finishing a meaningless 2nd place, thank you.
                                Oh, that's right, the draft has no meaning to the Yankees, sorry.
                                Might I say that an embarrassing THIRD PLACE FINISH really doesn't guarantee a really good draft pick. Also, who's gonna be your closer now that Bon-Bon's in the rotation? Keith Foulke or Craig Hansen? Since you seem a little short on closers, prehaps a FA signing? Oh wait! Who in their right mind would go to a third place team? And what about Barry Zito? Why would he even consider signing with the Sox? And the Red Sox have a long history of futility. Enjoy this. http://www.soxsuck.com/losses.html
                                Last edited by Murderer's Row; 10-06-2006, 05:11 AM.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X