This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wade8813
    It's so interesting that A-Rod can go from discussed as being the best Shortstop ever, to the goat of everything, in the course of about one year.
    Its called a JOKE.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
      So....

LONG LIVE THE A-ROD CURSE!!!

2004: Red Sox try to trade for him, doesn't work out - Yanks end up getting him

Late 2004: The Yankees win the first 3 games of the ALCS, but then the Red Sox stage the greatest comeback in sports history (or was is the biggest choke in sports history?), and alex bats .258. Then the Red Sox go on to win the World Series.

2005: The Yankees, although heavily favored, lose to the Angels in the first round, A-Rod bats .133.

2006: The Yankees are heavily favored again, and even after over-paying for the ex-Red Sox centerfielder, the "best offensive lineup ever" gets shut out for over 20 innings, and A-Rod bats .071.

We are so lucky this never happened...
      Attached Files
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose Reyes
        Tomorrow at school will be a fun day. For as long as I can remember I've taken so much crap from Yankee fans about my Mets and the 26 world championships and blah blah blah. I vow to not let up one bit on those sorry a** Yankee homers.
        Just give them a simple history lesson...

2001: Diamondbacks

2002: Angels

2003: Marlins

2004:

2005: Angels again

2006: Tigers

Comment

• A History Question

The relevancy of this card?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
            The relevancy of this card?
            Opening day Rookie battery that nearly no-hit the Yanks, on their way to the Impossible Dream?
            "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by maximum jack
              Opening day Rookie battery that nearly no-hit the Yanks, on their way to the Impossible Dream?
              Wasn't opening day..at least not at Fenway, but in Rohr's first ML start, 8 2/3 of no hit ball.

Yaz's catch.

But who broke it up?

Comment

Wasn't opening day..at least not at Fenway, but in Rohr's first ML start, 8 2/3 of no hit ball.

Yaz's catch.

But who broke it up?
                It was Opening Day in Yankee stadium. Elston Howard got the hit.
                "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by maximum jack
                  It was Opening Day in Yankee stadium. Elston Howard got the hit.
                  Hooray for Elston Howard!

Hi Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                    Hooray for Elston Howard!

Hi Jack
                    Funny, but we were saying that a few months later...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• That's it, Yankees fans. One more time you pick on Boston and we'll show the misfortune of a World Series the Yankees *gasp* lost, from 2001! Hiya, Yankees fans, and here comes the 2001 World Series champions, the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Curt Schilling will always be there to haunt the Yankees, when he's healthy and on his game. Which National League team beat some team ran by owner George $teinbrenner? Hint: they lost another World Series in 2003, and also was eliminated in the ALDS in the following years: 2002, 2005 and now 2006? Here comes a Fishy team to chronicle the Bronx Bombers' World Series choke. Hang them in, Yankees fans: Marlins are the 2003 WS champions!

Okay, that's enough kidding around for now.

Comment

• I would just like to send my regards to The Lidle family, and Yankee fans during this tragic time. This is one of those times when the rivalry cesses to matter, for baseball lost a friend today. Rest in peace, Mr Lidle.
                        mlb_i_lidle_412.jpg

Comment

Yaz's catch.

But who broke it up?
                          To this day, it is still THE best,
                          (over-the-shoulder, full-speed dive, somersault catch) I've ever seen . . .
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                            To this day, it is still THE best,
                            (over-the-shoulder, full-speed dive, somersault catch) I've ever seen . . .
                            Ken Coleman: Yastrzemski dives! AND MAKES A TREMENDOUS CATCH!!!!!

Comment

• A tremendous catch!

Originally posted by SDL
                              Ken Coleman: Yastrzemski dives! AND MAKES A TREMENDOUS CATCH!!!!!
                              He played an incredible left-field.

Great glove, arm, bat and intelligence . . .
                              Last edited by KenFougere; 07-12-2009, 11:38 AM.
                              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
                                He played an incredible left-field, didn't he?

Great glove, arm and intelligence . . .
                                He was The Man when I was growing up. Anybody remember who the Yankee LF was back then?

Here's the box score http://retrosheet.org/boxesetc/B04140NYA1967.htm

You;ll note that besides Elston Howard, former and future Sox players were on the OTHER SIDE that game...

Yes, Yaz was The Man...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X