This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
    Yeah right, who beat the Yankees in Games 4-7 to win the ALCS?
    It didn't happen. Who beat Beantown in Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS? Which other NY team beat Bahstunned in Games 6 & 7 of the 1986 WS?

They happened.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599

Anonymous Poster: In case any New York fans of the pinstripe variety were interested, Tonight at 10:30et ESPN classic is running "Top 5 reasons: You can't blame the Yankees for the 2004 ALCS. My list:
      1.The Red Sox were better.
      2.The Yankees were worse.
      3.Marino isin't clutch.
      4.Big Papi is.
      5. Curses don't exist.
      Shall I go on?
      Dude, you can't even get your photos right. That's a pic of then Mets manager, Bobby Valentine around 2002. The ump ejected him, so he snuck back onto the dugout wearing a Groucho mask, so he had to pay a fine, as he was supposed to be in the clubhouse. Doggonit, even Bubba Gump, Grady Little would laugh at ya!

#6 would be that we let you folks win. Here's to another 86 years of the loserboyz and losergirlz taking it hard for their team.

Yanks will have NY champagne. The Beantowners will have have the Mass whine! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You only go around once, and the Sawx have already used up their quota of having been around.

Last edited by Mattingly; 10-06-2006, 09:17 AM.
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Ages ago, Matt. What happened the next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
          Ages ago, Matt. What happened the next year?
          Ages ago? In 2005, the Red Sawx got swept in the ALDS. At least we won 2 games.

Now then, please mark your calendars, and look gleefully ahead, as 2090 isn't really that far away. Smile, you're on Nitwit Camera!

When your team is toasted, and you're being roasted. You're on Nitwit Camera!

Sing along, chil-dren. And celebrate those Invincible Noo Yawk Yan-keez, who'll win #27 this season!

I hereby dedicate the 27th Yankee WS ring to you, my friend.

BTW, where's the pix of the 1918 Sawx team celebrating? Oh yeah, cameras were scarce back then. So were parades and chowda. I'll bet golf courses weren't the following year in New England.
          Last edited by Mattingly; 10-06-2006, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• This all coming from a guy whose team will probably lose to the TIGERS. Buahahahaha... Can't stifle that big bat of Carlos Guillen there?

Comment

This all coming from a guy whose team will probably lose to the TIGERS. Buahahahaha... Can't stifle that big bat of Carlos Guillen there?
              This from a guy whose team couldn't beat big bad Kansas City:

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                This from a guy whose team couldn't beat big bad Kansas City:
                But my team COULD beat the big bad Yankees 4 times in a row to go to the world series!

NOTHING, ABSOUTELY NOTHING BEATS THAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                  Might I say that an embarrassing THIRD PLACE FINISH really doesn't guarantee a really good draft pick. Also, who's gonna be your closer now that Bon-Bon's in the rotation? Keith Foulke or Craig Hansen? Since you seem a little short on closers, prehaps a FA signing? Oh wait! Who in their right mind would go to a third place team? And what about Barry Zito? Why would he even consider signing with the Sox? [/URL]
                  Gee, didn't Burnett and BJ Ryan go to the Jays last season? Weren't the Jays in THIRD PLACE the season before that?? Weren't they amongst the cream of that free agent crop?
                  Free agents go where the MONEY is...SHOW ME THE MONEY is what they say...a Yanks fan knows that more than anybody!!
                  PS - I don't think that Papelbon gets to decide if he starts or closes, don't consider any comments from him on that to be final. Sometimes, top closers clearly are not CAPABLE of being starters...like a certain Mr. Rivera...
                  PPS - I expect to see some pretty anxious faces in a visiting dugout in Detroit tonight when they start falling behind...terrified of the wrath of THE BOSS!!!
                  "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Epstein said Papelbon would be a starter.

Comment

• From now on, no more Beantowners. You must be a Yankee fan or a Blue Jays fan in order to post here.
                      Dang. What about fans of teams not in the AL East?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDxgNjMTPIs

Comment

• There are divisions outside of the AL East?

Comment

• A fun l;ittle fact for Boston fans and obnoxious Marlins fans:

The Yankees have more WS Championships than most teams have division titles.
                          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Wade8813
                            Dang. What about fans of teams not in the AL East?
                            Teams outside the AL East are for Yellow Bellies

Comment

But my team COULD beat the big bad Yankees 4 times in a row to go to the world series!

NOTHING, ABSOUTELY NOTHING BEATS THAT
                              86 years of losing beats that any day. Generations of Sawx fantasizers grew up knowing that a WS would ever be played and won in Beantown. Which other team that contended could say this?

What's the new motto in Beantown?

WE'RE #3!

Guess the names of these two subjects and their place in Boston history:

AP Photo/Ed Bailey
                              **** ****** and ****** ******, left, have
                              formed a friendship and appear at card shows
                              together to sign pictures of the moment that links
                              them forever.
                              Last edited by Mattingly; 10-06-2006, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mattingly]86 years of losing beats that any day. Generations of Sawx fantasizers grew up knowing that a WS would ever be played and won in Beantown. Which other team that contended could say this?

What's the new motto in Beantown?

Admitting the problem is the first step to recovery

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X