This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan
    That was cool. Form 119 losses to showing NY the door in 3 short years.

Welcome to Winter, NY. We've been here for a few weeks and got the place spiffed up and aired out. Glad to see you're among the first to join us here by the Hot Stove.
    Among the first. *grumble grumble squabble squabble*The Red Sox didn't even make the postseason even if New York was eliminated in the first roundh

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
      Among the first. *grumble grumble squabble squabble*The Red Sox didn't even make the postseason even if New York was eliminated in the first roundh
      The Bosox were in first and then injuries dragged them down...the Yanks had all their best players available for the Detroit series. But, I must admit that your team did a better job of dealing with their injury problems this year than mine. Not just because of having extra money to spend, either.
      "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

I mean the real Murderer's Row. The 1927 kind. I would have hoped it were obvious. And A-rod might not get traded. Joe Torre might not get fired. And I hope you take Sheffield on a silver platter.
        Well, the term had been resurrected for the 2006 kind...I've been hearing it a lot. Did seem like it would be an awfully scary lineup. No Joe Dugans or John Graboskis there...
        Sorry if I engage in too much schadenfreude here...my ears are still ringing from having 5 drunken bums scream in my face as I watched Josh "I thought this guy could pitch" Beckett give up 11 runs in less than three innings in Yankee Stadium earlier this year. Paid $130 for the honor, too. Had to take it out on someone. h

I can't imagine that Theo would spend any kind of money on Sheff...it amazes me that some Bosox fans are already having little fantasies about such a dubious pickup. If we can get him for Frank Thomas 2006 money, go ahead....
        "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

The only difference between the Sox and the Yankees this season is that our beloved Sox now have all the good tee times secured!
          Get out the Vote!!!

Comment

• Alas, shes joins us at the below.
            Boat.jpg
            Proof that no matter how much you spend on your boat, it can still end up at the bottom.

Comment

• This is off topic, but is Bill Buckner still alive? I'm sure he wouldn't live in New England or someone would say:HEY BUCK-NAH! YA DROPPED DA BAWL; HEH HEH HEH!! but seriously. And does he sign autographs? I'll be happy to get you a few dozen if he does. I was just wondering. 1986 seems like such a long time ago now. But just as delightful as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
                Alas, shes joins us at the below.
                [ATTACH]14816[/ATTACH]
                Proof that no matter how much you spend on your boat, it can still end up at the bottom.
                Here's a pic of the 2007 RMS Red Sawx, which is sunk before it even left on its maiden voyage:

Presuming you know ships, that one should be easy. Note the 4 stacks.

Anyway, here's the September preview until 2090 begins:

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                  Here's a pic of the 2007 RMS Red Sawx, which is sunk before it even left on its maiden voyage:

Presuming you know ships, that one should be easy. Note the 4 stacks.

Anyway, here's the September preview until 2090 begins:

first ones obviously the titanic second one also, saw that movie about 12 times haha

Comment

• Sorry I wasn't around for the Yankees collapse... Oh well, it will only be another year til they blow it in the first round of the playoffs again..

Comment

• The Yankees are sooo last century. Best quote of the day from this morning's NY Times:

"That’s what makes it [losing] harder than probably any other year, the adversity we went through to get into the playoffs.”-- Jason "1 for 8" Giambi

Yeah, they went through some adversity, the Jays and Sox were really breathing down their necks.
                      "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Please... the adversity of acquiring Abreu? Soo tough on them..

Comment

This is off topic, but is Bill Buckner still alive? I'm sure he wouldn't live in New England or someone would say:HEY BUCK-NAH! YA DROPPED DA BAWL; HEH HEH HEH!! but seriously. And does he sign autographs? I'll be happy to get you a few dozen if he does. I was just wondering. 1986 seems like such a long time ago now. But just as delightful as ever.
                          Hmmm...what were the Yanks doing in '86???
                          Hopefully, we're headed back into another futility phase for that bunch.
                          A real fan would never blame Buckner...the guy could barely hobble from the dugout to 1st and back. McNamara was the idjit who left him out there when D was needed instead of putting Stapleton (his era's Mintkiewicz, er, Minty) in the game. And, Billy Buck has made it clear that he has never been searching for "forgiveness" from anybody.
                          '86 was my first year as a real Bosox fan...my neighbor in college converted me, although I had always liked the team. Perfect timing for a dose of pain and agony...'04 made it all worthwhile, and I'm giving them at least until '14 to get another ring before I turn back into a gloom 'n doom Sawx fan.

Comment

• Yup same here. By the way, I hate Drew Bledsoe.

Comment

• Mattingly, just take out that devilish word Yankee in your location and bingo! You've got the Red Sox.

Comment

• see what im saying, its getting out of hand everyone run!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X