Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come to think of it, 2006 was not a flop. If we avoid fighting in the surreal nightmareland of Red Sox Nation where the Red Sox are the Yankees equal, then we can look at this season through clearer rose-colored glasses. First of all, whenever you point out that the Red Sox finished a drab an ineffective third place, they hide behind the injury bug.

But the Yankees were hit even harder by this infernal monster when Godzilla, Sheffield and Robinson Crusoe oops Cano were hit. I'll admit it's tough losing Varitek, (I AM VARITEK! TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!) but even so. And on my birthday, Melky Cabrera robbed the bum Ramirez of a homerun with an incredible catch. And then, the Boston Massacre! Ah what a series! Beautiful! Incredible! And yet they point and holler and beat their breasts over the elimination in the playoffs. At least we got there. Plenty can happen in eighty-six years. Just think of the futility. Just think!

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
      And yet they point and holler and beat their breasts over the elimination in the playoffs. At least we got there.

And you won one game there! One. That's more embarrassing than anything else.
      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
        And you won one game there! One. That's more embarrassing than anything else.
        WHAT ABOUT FINISHING THIRD!!!!!!! IF THE YANKEES HAD FINISHED THIRD WHAT WOULD YOU SAY!!!??!?!?!?!? Really! What if the Red Sox had won only one game in the playoffs and had swept the Yankees in a five game series and they had finished third? Haha! I suppose you never thought of that! Who holds the cards now hmmmm? And look who's your left fielder?

Comment

WHAT ABOUT FINISHING THIRD!!!!!!! IF THE YANKEES HAD FINISHED THIRD WHAT WOULD YOU SAY!!!??!?!?!?!? Really!

If the Sox hadn't finished third after fielding their AAA team, I'd be with you on this one. The Yanks, however, had pretty much all their cylinders firing for that one win, eh?
          "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
            That's OK. Could be worse. I could be crying in my chowda about now for getting stomped by KC and being stuck in 3rd place. Heck, if Baltimore runs roughshod over you people in 2007, then 2090 may be more than a wish. It may even be a dream that never gets there, and could even be a nightmare from which you Beantowners will never awake.
            Eh.......umm..... Slappy McBluelips has something to say..

Oops, no he doesn't, he's playing golf... Or whatever it is overpaid disappointments do.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
              If the Sox hadn't finished third after fielding their AAA team, I'd be with you on this one. The Yanks, however, had pretty much all their cylinders firing for that one win, eh?
              AAAACCKKKK!!! Will anyone listen to reason! They were all ready doomed after the second Massacre. Come to think of it, that should be the most embarassing part of the 2006 Red Sox.

Comment

AAAACCKKKK!!! Will anyone listen to reason! They were all ready doomed after the second Massacre. Come to think of it, that should be the most embarassing part of the 2006 Red Sox.

Are those the SAME brooms we used on you Yonkers to reverse sweep you into baseball infamy?

Comment

• Also,

"Farnsworth can't believe it! Ramirez can't believe it! Cabrera, he believes it!" :gt

Comment

Also,

"Farnsworth can't believe it! Ramirez can't believe it! Cabrera, he believes it!"
                    -
                    Even Steinbrenner can't believe it. $1 Billion in payroll since 2000!

- 5 0 -
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 10-12-2006, 08:30 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Now how the hell did the Yankees miss THIS NYC area product???

<shakes head> If only you had real scouts in your own back yard...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by SDL; 10-12-2006, 11:50 PM.
                      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                        Actually even more recent would be 3-1 series victory for the Sox IN yankee stadium..

Or even more recent would be losing 3 straight games in the playoffs.
                        Playoffs? You mean the ones YOU didn't reach THIS year?

Yeah, must be those playoffs.
                        Not strange of course, when you finish THIRD in the AL East, eleven games behind the AL East CHAMPIONS...

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599
                          MFY? Anyways, I was talking about THIS Williamsburg:
                          (Ignore the red box, those aren't my seats )
                          If RMB is out in left field, I guess I'm out in right. Where Gary Shefield is not allowed.
                          Is this a picture of a regular home stand of the Red Sox? Wow... Full house man.
                          Last edited by Yankeebiscuitfan; 10-12-2006, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan

Not strange of course, when you finish THIRD in the AL East, eleven games behind the AL East CHAMPIONS...
                            Champions of what? Of being the biggest payroll, AND biggest disappointments

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan

I don't seem to recall your stay there being anything to brag about, Chris.
                              "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                                Agreed, but i dont see how what he did could be wrong.
                                I guess it's kinda stuck somewhere in the middle, not unlike his team this year.
                                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X