Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Neilios
    I swear, if the Yankees don't win again until 2085, they will still defend themselves with "yeah well you guys took 86 years, which is still more than us, so there!" I can also hear, if the BoSox take 24 more championships in that span, "Yeah well we have 26, which is more than your 25!" I can hear it now.

    Teams whose payrolls are equal to, or less than the Yankees infield don't choke, they lose. Teams with a $200 million payroll who are the majority's favorite to win it all, who lose to heavy underdogs...they choke.

    Next year, you will say that it's only 7 years. Only a matter of time...
    If the Yanks win next in 2085, it'll still be 2 years fewer between WS rings than Beantown. It'll also be 5 years before Beantown gets to win it all again. Oh yeah, 2004 don't count!

    Now I can only hope for a St Louis WS win. No more Motown. I like the Mets, but I'd never hear the end of it if they'd won. That "We own NY" thing would never die down for another year.

    Yanks need better pitching. It's not choking, but I'd say it's bad decision-making from the Yanks in not having top pitchers. Glavine and Rogers would've done well as Yanks this season.

    Originally posted by EvanAparra
    Who cares? To tell you the truth, it would have been nice in 67 or 75 for the Sox to win the series, but i'll only be turning 21 in the coming year... Doesn't hurt me any when someone talks about 86 years, as it only too them about 8 since I became a fan... And how old are you, 13? So the last time you saw the Yanks win you were 6 or so? Do you even remember that? I'll take my WS two years ago when i was 19 compared to yours thats probably still hard to remember... So, in conclusion...


    *blocks access to the Bitter Rivalry thread from Evan "Ken, Jr" Aparra*
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
      Why not? Why should Yankee fans and Red Sox fans not get along with each other? Troy and I can, so why not others?

      That would be the start of world peace.
      Think Ajax fans and Feyenoord fans in voetbal
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly
        If the Yanks win next in 2085, it'll still be 2 years fewer between WS rings than Beantown. It'll also be 5 years before Beantown gets to win it all again. Oh yeah, 2004 don't count!

        Now I can only hope for a St Louis WS win. No more Motown. I like the Mets, but I'd never hear the end of it if they'd won. That "We own NY" thing would never die down for another year.

        Yanks need better pitching. It's not choking, but I'd say it's bad decision-making from the Yanks in not having top pitchers. Glavine and Rogers would've done well as Yanks this season.


        *blocks access to the Bitter Rivalry thread from Evan "Ken, Jr" Aparra*
        If the Mets make it...at least my wife will be happy..she's a Met fan from Long Island.

        As far as I am concerned..the past six post-seasons have been a choke for the Yankees. Certainly everybody in Boston will agree with me
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Hey, look what happens after long chamionship droughts like this in Yankees history. Boston laughs for a few years but then the two big droughts I remember came right before the selling of Babe Ruth and the other came right before Mo came along. These things alternate so now instead of a Yankees minor leaguer coming up and becoming an all-time great we get a historically great beantowner. Now who shall we take... Well after JOHNNY DAMON left I don`t see anything out their. Hey maybe we get both now. Let's uise a simple mathematical equation to calculate who will be the next Yankees player on the all-time teams of most people. For starters we'll use the first career Yankee on most all-time lists and the greatest career Yankee in history, then we add that number (Gehrig #4) to the latest great beantowner to come over (Damon #18) and what do we get when we add these two together. # 22 Robi Cano, What do you know? SO it's settled Cano will be the next Mariano Rivera calber Yankee.
          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
            Hey, look what happens after long chamionship droughts like this in Yankees history. Boston laughs for a few years but then the two big droughts I remember came right before the selling of Babe Ruth and the other came right before Mo came along. These things alternate so now instead of a Yankees minor leaguer coming up and becoming an all-time great we get a historically great beantowner. Now who shall we take... Well after JOHNNY DAMON left I don`t see anything out their. Hey maybe we get both now. Let's uise a simple mathematical equation to calculate who will be the next Yankees player on the all-time teams of most people. For starters we'll use the first career Yankee on most all-time lists and the greatest career Yankee in history, then we add that number (Gehrig #4) to the latest great beantowner to come over (Damon #18) and what do we get when we add these two together. # 22 Robi Cano, What do you know? SO it's settled Cano will be the next Mariano Rivera calber Yankee.
            Great beantowner? You've got an overpaid 4-year Red Sox on your hands... Not exactly Ted Williams there. Man, yankee standards have really gone down if you think Robinson Cano is the next great thing... Robinson this, Robinson that... yada yada yada... you got Chuck Knoblach.

            Please, dont pollute my ears with this nonsense...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SDL
              And how long has it been since you were the champs? Six years... a bit longer than two.

              Choking six years a row in the post-season. Yeah, I'd be real proud of that.
              Were speaking of the past, not just six years. The real past goes way back and the Bosox are not even close, get behind the Yanks, Giants, Cards just to name a few. The big winners.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
                Were speaking of the past, not just six years. The real past goes way back and the Bosox are not even close, get behind the Yanks, Giants, Cards just to name a few. The big winners.
                Hey Shoeless, its 2006. In 2006, the Yankees were behind the Tigers, A's, Mets and Cards.... Get in line.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EvanAparra
                  Hey Shoeless, its 2006. In 2006, the Yankees were behind the Tigers, A's, Mets and Cards.... Get in line.
                  Get in line for what. You have posters talking about Yankee losses going back 40+ years ago and I'm saying they back teams that have not won a WS in ages.

                  Yanks don't win all the time.... know of any team that does.

                  Comment


                  • Yanks don't win all the time....
                    I beg your pardon.... Matt, how could this be true???

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Neilios
                      I swear, if the Yankees don't win again until 2085, they will still defend themselves with "yeah well you guys took 86 years, which is still more than us, so there!" I can also hear, if the BoSox take 24 more championships in that span, "Yeah well we have 26, which is more than your 25!" I can hear it now.

                      Teams whose payrolls are equal to, or less than the Yankees infield don't choke, they lose. Teams with a $200 million payroll who are the majority's favorite to win it all, who lose to heavy underdogs...they choke.

                      Next year, you will say that it's only 7 years. Only a matter of time...
                      Talk about falling flat at the very end, the Bosox are the champs of that, 1949, 1978, 1986 just to name a few. By the time the Bosox win 24 WS none of us will be alive.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
                        Talk about falling flat at the very end, the Bosox are the champs of that, 1949, 1978, 1986 just to name a few.
                        Falling flat at the VERY END.... I believe that distinction belongs to the 04 Yanks.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by EvanAparra
                          Falling flat at the VERY END.... I believe that distinction belongs to the 04 Yanks.
                          Your showing your youth, read the history of the game, 1949, 1978, 1986.
                          Don't blame 1986 on Bill Buckner, a team effort in that one game, Bosox pitching, crumbled.

                          I've had my say, I know how these tit for tats go on this board, it's all yours.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3
                            Your showing your youth, read the history of the game, 1949, 1978, 1986.
                            Don't blame 1986 on Bill Buckner, a team effort in that one game, Bosox pitching, crumbled.

                            I've had my say, I know how these tit for tats go on this board, it's all yours.
                            Um, alright.... Showing my youth? I know what happened in 49, 78, and 86. It's called a JOKE. I don't remember saying anything about blaming buckner anywhere either. You're showing you haven't been in this thread long enough to realize what it's all about. (or you just haven't gotten the jist of it) We like to just joke around in here, no one is taking this stuff seriously.
                            Last edited by EvanAparra; 10-16-2006, 09:24 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SDL
                              Think Ajax fans and Feyenoord fans in voetbal
                              I prefer to hate PSV. :grouchy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                                I prefer to hate PSV. :grouchy
                                What about PMS? h
                                "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                                Carl Yastrzemski

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X