This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
    Yup same here. By the way, I hate Drew Bledsoe.
    How do you feel about "Champaign" Tony Eason??
    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by kckid2599
      Mattingly, just take out that devilish word Yankee in your location and bingo! You've got the Red Sox.
      Manny seems to fit that discription real well
      2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn
        Hmmm...what were the Yanks doing in '86???
        Hopefully, we're headed back into another futility phase for that bunch.
        A real fan would never blame Buckner...the guy could barely hobble from the dugout to 1st and back. McNamara was the idjit who left him out there when D was needed instead of putting Stapleton (his era's Mintkiewicz, er, Minty) in the game. And, Billy Buck has made it clear that he has never been searching for "forgiveness" from anybody.
        '86 was my first year as a real Bosox fan...my neighbor in college converted me, although I had always liked the team. Perfect timing for a dose of pain and agony...'04 made it all worthwhile, and I'm giving them at least until '14 to get another ring before I turn back into a gloom 'n doom Sawx fan.
        All right, I admit I did tease you a little bit on that. But I don't blame Buckner, I blame Calvin Schiraldi. I also blame Bob Stanley, for the wild pitch. I'm glad that not all Red Sox fans think that it was Buckner's fault though, all the Red Sox fans I have ever met blame Buckner completely. By the way, I don't understand why people say "The Yankees are dead, the Yankees are dead" when it's been six years since they won it all. If it were the Kansas City Royals who had a (since '01) six consecutive division titles and two pennants they would be hailed as a great team. A bit like Atlanta who never could seem to pull it off, but you get the idea. Because they're the Yankees, with twenty-six World Series rings? Over four times as many as the Beantowners have?
        :gt

(Was that a bad post? I'm still learning but I hope that was passable)

Comment

• Originally posted by hellborn
          How do you feel about "Champaign" Tony Eason??

Im speaking as a Cowboys fan, Eason is a whole different story for you Pats fans.

Comment

• So....

LONG LIVE THE A-ROD CURSE!!!

2004: Red Sox try to trade for him, doesn't work out - Yanks end up getting him

Late 2004: The Yankees win the first 3 games of the ALCS, but then the Red Sox stage the greatest comeback in sports history (or was is the biggest choke in sports history?), and alex bats .258. Then the Red Sox go on to win the World Series.

2005: The Yankees, although heavily favored, lose to the Angels in the first round, A-Rod bats .133.

2006: The Yankees are heavily favored again, and even after over-paying for the ex-Red Sox centerfielder, the "best offensive lineup ever" gets shut out for over 20 innings, and A-Rod bats .071.

Comment

So....

LONG LIVE THE A-ROD CURSE!!!

2004: Red Sox try to trade for him, doesn't work out - Yanks end up getting him

Late 2004: The Yankees win the first 3 games of the ALCS, but then the Red Sox stage the greatest comeback in sports history (or was is the biggest choke in sports history?), and alex bats .258. Then the Red Sox go on to win the World Series.

2005: The Yankees, although heavily favored, lose to the Angels in the first round, A-Rod bats .133.

2006: The Yankees are heavily favored again, and even after over-paying for the ex-Red Sox centerfielder, the "best offensive lineup ever" gets shut out for over 20 innings, and A-Rod bats .071.

Yup, the way I see it, Yankeedom has about 84 years to go before their next ring.
              "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by maximum jack
                Yup, the way I see it, Yankeedom has about 84 years to go before their next ring.
                Nah, come on... they won in 2000, Alex batted .071 this year in the playoffs so their next championship will be in 2071! Only 65 years to go guys!

Comment

• Tomorrow at school will be a fun day. For as long as I can remember I've taken so much crap from Yankee fans about my Mets and the 26 world championships and blah blah blah. I vow to not let up one bit on those sorry a** Yankee homers.

Comment

Nah, come on... they won in 2000, Alex batted .071 this year in the playoffs so their next championship will be in 2071! Only 65 years to go guys!
                    The kicker is: they are doomed to make the playoffs every year.
                    "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• falso hope, false hope..

Comment

• Please. It's easy to hit a target that doesn't shoot back. The Yankees are on their back to the top after '04 (which is currently a non-year by the way) followed by '05. They could win again very soon. Besides, the Boss isn't doing much interfering, for him that is, as usual so very soon, very soon now............

Hello again Evan

Comment

• Its been very soon since 01! It will still be very soon in '70!

Comment

Its been very soon since 01! It will still be very soon in '70!
                            And what's your team doing by the way? Gonna compete with Kansas City for the position of Doormat of the American League? 2090 is just around the corner.......

I don't think I'll live to see 2090 so you're outta luck Evan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                              And what's your team doing by the way? Gonna compete with Kansas City for the position of Doormat of the American League? 2090 is just around the corner.......

I don't think I'll live to see 2090 so you're outta luck Evan.
                              Last time either the Sox or Yankees were doormats, was the early 90s...and that team was?????

Comment

• The Yankee Revolution has begun! The Yankees will be too busy bickering with themselves next year that the Sox will just walk on by!
                                666-FRONT_LARGE.jpg595-BACK_LARGE.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X