This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL
    If there's any cosmic justice, she'll wait 80 years...
    The great Emporer doesn`t believe in justice. He does believe in laughing at the misfortunes of Larry up north though.
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
      I don't think he's here to talk about the past
      Are you kidding? Are the Sox in the playoffs? Of course I'm here to talk about the past. Duh.

Hi MR
      "I believe in the Church of Baseball. I tried all the major religions and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance." ~Ron Shelton, from Bull Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
        The Jills--oops--Bills made it to the SB three times and chokes, the Yankmes made it to the WS only twice. Seems they got "snake-bit" in 2001 and it seemd "fishy" in 2003...
        That's one of the best (and so true) pics I've seen in my 8 years on Baseball-Fever!
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
          The great Emporer doesn`t believe in justice. He does believe in laughing at the misfortunes of Larry up north though.
          Actually, laughing at the six-in-a-row post-season misfortunes of Steinbrenner is justice. Nice shade of purple he turned after the 2004 ALCS.

BTW, I was going thru my pics...found these for you...
          Attached Files
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neilios
            Because 2001 was the end of an era in which this ballclub ever subscribed to the idea that a TEAM wins championships, not a compilation of the highest priced "stars" on the market every year. Consequently, just as TEAMS won from 96-01, TEAMS have won from 02-05 and will again in 06. What's great is that every year, the Yankees are more and more stacked, but lose more and more humiliatingly. There's my two cents
            When it comes to the Yankees and teams, I can only agree with you. IMO it is a collection of all star players, hoping on a nice finish of their career (a WS ring).

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
              When it comes to the Yankees and teams, I can only agree with you. IMO it is a collection of all star players, hoping on a nice finish of their career (a WS ring).
              To true unfortunately.
              I just came from a fallball game where my team, the Phillies, were slaughtered 23-1. Our catcher quit in the fifth inning and turned in his uniform. Now I know what the Red Sox feel like. *sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Sooner or later, you just get numb to the pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                Wow Chris, I think this is the first time we've ever agreed on anything. Don't let it happen again.

Comment

• You're jumping on the Tigers Bandwagon? Et tu Evan? I was rooting for the A's myself. Because of the '72-74 model A's, and also because I lived in Oakland for a little while. Now I guess it'll have to be the Mets.

Comment

The great Emperor doesn`t believe in justice. He does believe in laughing at the misfortunes of Larry up north though.

As the rest of the baseball world laughs at your great emperors'
                    mis-'placed' fortunes! . . . . -----> {$1B since 2000}
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 10-14-2006, 10:25 AM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Number 1 in the AL East since '96

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Congrats you finally broke your consecutiove season streak of secon place this year. Not quite the way you wanted it though was it? :gt

Comment

• I actually liked the Yankees back to the Donnie Baseball/George Costanza days ...I loved watching Jeter as an up-and-comer, Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez in their hey-days (not to mention Bernie Williams), and the fact that most of the heroes in dramatic playoff wins were the likes of Chad Curtis, Scott Brosious and Jim Leyritz. I appreciated Posada and Soriano because they were homegrown players and was a HUGE Andy Pettitte fan. I still maintain that David Wells deserved the Cy Young in 1998. However, by the time 2001 rolled around, I found myself rooting for the D-Backs simply because such a dynasty can become monotonous to a neutral fan. They did provide one of the most exciting World Series ever thanks in part to BungHole Kim, which solidified my eternal respect and apprecitation for THAT team. Jeter, Posada, Rivera and Bernie may still be there, and no one can blame them for being there through the barrages of signings and trades that made the baseball world nautious. But every player who went there, may have been a premier player for their position and former team, but it was a subtle way of declaring that they can't lead a team to glory themselves, so they jumped on the shoulders of those who can. Clemens. Giambi. Mussina. Johnson. A-Rod. Sheffield. Damon. Just to name a few. That and they knew they could get paid astronomically. That was the main reason I didn't want the Miami Heat to win the NBA championship, but this isn't a basketball forum. I became a Yankee-hater in 2002, the first of many years to come that an attempted manufactured-bought-and-paid-for-championship failed miserably at the hands of the Angels. Every year they are stacked a little bit higher, and every year they exit the playoffs a little more gloriously. This year was the sweetest of all for me because, well you know...

Yankee fans need to read this and stop wondering why the world hates their team and why such high expenditures don't result in a championship.
                          Last edited by Neilios; 10-16-2006, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• 5 bucks? I could use a new cleaning rag......

Comment

• The biggest rivalry ever is sox and yanks. and let me tell you something:

YANKEES SUCK! :gt
                              "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

Number 1 in the AL East since '96

Number 0 in World Championships since '00
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X