Clear All

• Originally posted by SDL
    Think Ajax fans and Feyenoord fans in voetbal
    I prefer to hate PSV. :grouchy

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
      I prefer to hate PSV. :grouchy
      What about PMS? h
      "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
      Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• If one were to dissect the brain of the average Yankee fan (after death of course ), how much grey matter, compared to the average fan of any other team, do you think one would find? :noidea

Assuming, of course, one would find any.
        Last edited by runningshoes; 10-17-2006, 05:32 AM.
        "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
        Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by runningshoes
          If one were to dissect the brain of the average Yankee fan (after death of course ), how much grey matter, compared to the average fan of any other team, do you think one would find? :noidea

What's this? Speaking ill of a Yankeefan without even doing obeisance and asking permission first! We'll need to plug this egregious breach with lead. *Blam blam*

Also Evan? I remember the three consecutive Championships quite well, though 1996 is hazy. My favorite player was Paul O'Neill.(Now it's Mariano Rivera) My brother's favorite player was (and is) Jorge Posada. My sister's favorite player was Roger Clemens. My other brother's favorite player is Derek Jeter. The rest are too young right now.:gt

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
            Falling flat at the VERY END.... I believe that distinction belongs to the 04 Yanks.
            Blowing a 3-0 lead and losing four straight. The Ultimate Choke.

Yeah, I know we didn't have a great season...but there are quite a few Sox fans who can live with that..just as long as the Yankees choke as well.

But during the current streak..LOSING to Arizona and Florida...PRICELESS
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

If one were to dissect the brain of the average Yankee fan (after death of course ), how much grey matter, compared to the average fan of any other team, do you think one would find? :noidea

My wife is a Met fan from Long Island..she's from a town just over the border from Queens. She tells me that the Yankee fans at her school were brain-dead...
              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Ahh, 1990 was a great year for Boston. Yankees went down south with injuries, and Boston won the AL East title. They were swept, but the big moment was that the Yankees finished LAST! There were only 65-67 wins that year for the Bronx Bombers that year. How about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
                  Ahh, 1990 was a great year for Boston. Yankees went down south with injuries, and Boston won the AL East title. They were swept, but the big moment was that the Yankees finished LAST! There were only 65-67 wins that year for the Bronx Bombers that year. How about that?
                  Do you really want me to post all the times the poor Red Sox have finished last? And for the last time! Yankee fans are not brain-dead! Look at Mattingly or DoubleX! Or even me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                    Look at Mattingly or DoubleX! Or even me!

You aren't making a good case there, MR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                      If the Yanks win next in 2085, it'll still be 2 years fewer between WS rings than Beantown. It'll also be 5 years before Beantown gets to win it all again. Oh yeah, 2004 don't count!

Now I can only hope for a St Louis WS win. No more Motown. I like the Mets, but I'd never hear the end of it if they'd won. That "We own NY" thing would never die down for another year.
                      Um... you guys taking this seriously kind of proves my point, one in which the intention was purely toungue and cheek.

You're right, though, on not wanting the Mets to win. I hate it when fans feel they have the right to boast in their team winning the freaking championship. I mean, where do they get the audacity?! If the Tigers take it, I'll probably just clap my hands and let out a mototonous "yay" and that will be the end of it. Perhaps once we get a second Detroit team and we are ahead of them 26-2 in titles, then we'll have the right to say whatever we want...

Comment

You aren't making a good case there, MR.
                        Boy that's funny! Where do you get those smiles by the way? I always wanted them.

Hi Evan

Comment

What about PMS? h
                          It is quite obvious that you don't know what you are talking about, Troy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                            Boy that's funny! Where do you get those smiles by the way? I always wanted them.

Hi Evan

They were passed down to me by Ken, the Red Sox fan creator of this thread. However, passing them to a Yankee fan would be just plain blasphemy. (just search google for smilies) Any yankee fans wanna come at me? Gimme your best shot

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                              It is quite obvious that you don't know what you are talking about, Troy.
                              Tell me something you don't already know.
                              Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

They were passed down to me by Ken, the Red Sox fan creator of this thread. However, passing them to a Yankee fan would be just plain blasphemy. (just search google for smilies) Any yankee fans wanna come at me? Gimme your best shot
                                Oh yeah, here I come. A left, and a right. Another left and another right. AN UPPERCUT TO THE JAW!!! And the thread was saved.

Thanks Evan

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X