Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
    Losing in the postseason is not the same as choking. They have not choked every year from 2001-2006.
    When you fail in the post-seasonfor SIX CONSECUTIVE YEARS, that is CHOKING.

    Blowing a 3-0 lead in a series..losing FOUR STRAIGHT...That is CHOKING.

    Face it

    Admit it

    Learn to live with it.

    The Yankees CHOKED
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
      Losing in the postseason is not the same as choking. They have not choked every year from 2001-2006.

      Gah.
      Do you really consider NY's performance in the 2004 ALCS to be something other than choking? It was the worst choke in baseball history, MR.
      "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SoxSon
        Gah.
        Do you really consider NY's performance in the 2004 ALCS to be something other than choking? It was the worst choke in baseball history, MR.
        No, I meant like in 2002 or 2003! And you still could make a case for the greatest choke being 1986.

        Hiya SoxSon

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
          No, I meant like in 2002 or 2003! And you still could make a case for the greatest choke being 1986.

          Hiya SoxSon
          Losing a game Six the way we did may be a choke, but it pales in comparison to BLOWING A 3-0 LEAD IN GAMES AND LOSING FOUR STRAIGHT
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SDL
            Losing a game Six the way we did may be a choke, but it pales in comparison to BLOWING A 3-0 LEAD IN GAMES AND LOSING FOUR STRAIGHT
            Witness if you will a team: The Boston Red Sox won five of the first fifteen World Series and yet they didn't win another for eighty-six years! Again and again and again they choked! And again and again and again and again and again and again!

            Also, I was wondering, if 2001-2006 are all chokes, what do you consider '67 and '75?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
              Witness if you will a team: The Boston Red Sox won five of the first fifteen World Series and yet they didn't win another for eighty-six years! Again and again and again they choked! And again and again and again and again and again and again!

              Also, I was wondering, if 2001-2006 are all chokes, what do you consider '67 and '75?
              Sorry buddy... no matter what... The Yankees lost after being up 3-0. Nothing tops that. Nothing.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                Losing in the postseason is not the same as choking. They have not choked every year from 2001-2006.
                It is when your team's salary could pay for Donald Trump's golf course.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Williamsburg2599
                  It is when your team's salary could pay for Donald Trump's golf course.
                  You know, I really hate when Red Sox bring up money, they're the second (of course) richest team in the league!

                  Also Evan, we have three chokes. 1960, 2001, and 2004 (I may be forgetting some so feel free to chip in) The Red Sox, off the top of my head have 1946, 1949, 1978, 1986, 2001, and 2003.

                  Comment


                  • Yeah, but 2004 was the best one!

                    Well, being 2nd pretty much means nothing when you are still 80 million below first.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                      You know, I really hate when Red Sox bring up money, they're the second (of course) richest team in the league!

                      Also Evan, we have three chokes. 1960, 2001, and 2004 (I may be forgetting some so feel free to chip in) The Red Sox, off the top of my head have 1946, 1949, 1978, 1986, 2001, and 2003.
                      Don't forget 1955, 1981 and 1995

                      2003, a choke for us?! You lost to fish!


                      A little bedtime story

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                        Witness if you will a team: The Boston Red Sox won five of the first fifteen World Series and yet they didn't win another for eighty-six years! Again and again and again they choked! And again and again and again and again and again and again!

                        Also, I was wondering, if 2001-2006 are all chokes, what do you consider '67 and '75?
                        Hmmm...1967...funny you should mention that year...


                        Boston Red Sox 92 70 0 .568 -
                        Detroit Tigers 91 71 1 .562 1.0
                        Minnesota Twins 91 71 2 .562 1.0
                        Chicago White Sox 89 73 0 .549 3.0
                        California Angels 84 77 0 .522 7.5
                        Baltimore Orioles 76 85 0 .472 15.5
                        Washington Senators 76 85 0 .472 15.5
                        Cleveland Indians 75 87 0 .463 17.0
                        New York Yankees 72 90 1 .444 20.0
                        Kansas City Athletics 62 99 0 .385 29.5

                        Look at the bright side...you guys were 9 1/2 games better than the A's...
                        Attached Files
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                          You know, I really hate when Red Sox bring up money, they're the second (of course) richest team in the league!

                          Also Evan, we have three chokes. 1960, 2001, and 2004 (I may be forgetting some so feel free to chip in) The Red Sox, off the top of my head have 1946, 1949, 1978, 1986, 2001, and 2003.

                          I call 1978 the product of a tank-job by The Gerbil
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Williamsburg2599
                            Don't forget 1955, 1981 and 1995

                            2003, a choke for us?! You lost to fish!


                            A little bedtime story
                            Thanks! I bookmarked it!
                            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • 1927 American League
                              Team W L WL% GB
                              NewYorkY NYY 110 44 .714 --
                              Phildlpa PHA 91 63 .591 19.0
                              Washngtn WSH 85 69 .552 25.0
                              Detroit DET 82 71 .536 27.5
                              ChicagoW CHW 70 83 .458 39.5
                              Clvlnd CLE 66 87 .431 43.5
                              St.Louis SLB 59 94 .386 50.5
                              BostonRS BOS 51 103 .331 59.0

                              At least you were only fifty-nine games behind!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Murderer's Row
                                1927 American League
                                Team W L WL% GB
                                NewYorkY NYY 110 44 .714 --
                                Phildlpa PHA 91 63 .591 19.0
                                Washngtn WSH 85 69 .552 25.0
                                Detroit DET 82 71 .536 27.5
                                ChicagoW CHW 70 83 .458 39.5
                                Clvlnd CLE 66 87 .431 43.5
                                St.Louis SLB 59 94 .386 50.5
                                BostonRS BOS 51 103 .331 59.0

                                At least you were only fifty-nine games behind!
                                *That was before divisions and the wildcard....


                                Also, how'd those 1926 Yankees do?



                                By the way, You Yankee fans sure do love your team, when there winning! Less than a dozen fans greeted the Yankees on the arrival to NYC after the Detroit Series.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X