Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, I don't like some of the Cardinals fans out here either, and I'm as neutral to all teams as you think. Some get wasted at the games and badmouth other teams, like the Cubs, Astros, or some other teams.

The worst fans, from facts, are some of the Yankee fans. If you walk in the bleachers (I think Section 39) at Yankee Stadium and you're a Red Sox fan during a Red Sox/Yankees game, you will get taunted and eventually thrown out for provoking fans.

In other news today, the Blue Jays got Frank Thomas...Randy "Bug Unit" Johnson beware. Two missed opportunities for the Pinstripes. Whoops.

Comment

• It looks like Alfonso Soriano isn't going to return to the evil Yankees. He's decided to join the Cubs in possibly the biggest deal in MLB history. $136 million for eight years. Was the Boss too afraid to spend that money for Soriano.

He'd probably say: "Sorry guys, I'm not returning back to Yankee Stadium. I don't want to cause a large log jam with the Yankees, and cost them their 11th AL East title." He should have JUST to cause that logjam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
        It looks like Alfonso Soriano isn't going to return to the evil Yankees. He's decided to join the Cubs in possibly the biggest deal in MLB history. $136 million for eight years. Was the Boss too afraid to spend that money for Soriano.

He'd probably say: "Sorry guys, I'm not returning back to Yankee Stadium. I don't want to cause a large log jam with the Yankees, and cost them their 11th AL East title." He should have JUST to cause that logjam.
        I suggest you check out baseball contracts a little closer. Each of Jeter, A-Rod, Manny make more per year and for longer periods of time. These were contracts signed six winters ago.

As to George being unwilling to spend, who says he has to? If he did, people would keep complaining he's trying to buy everyone under the sun.

In LF, we have each of Melky Cabrera and Hideki Matsui. At 2B, we have Robinson Cano. Where are the Yanks gonna put Soriano? On my shoulder? Heck, we didn't even have room for Sheffield.

Right now, the last thing we need is another corner OFer. If anything, we've got a logjam at the DH spot with Matsui and Giambi there.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
          I suggest you check out baseball contracts a little closer. Each of Jeter, A-Rod, Manny make more per year and for longer periods of time. These were contracts signed six winters ago.

As to George being unwilling to spend, who says he has to? If he did, people would keep complaining he's trying to buy everyone under the sun.

In LF, we have each of Melky Cabrera and Hideki Matsui. At 2B, we have Robinson Cano. Where are the Yanks gonna put Soriano? On my shoulder? Heck, we didn't even have room for Sheffield.

Right now, the last thing we need is another corner OFer. If anything, we've got a logjam at the DH spot with Matsui and Giambi there.
          You mean the nice little boy who did this to mean old Manny:

2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Well, we know ONE player you ain't getting...

sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
              Well, we know ONE player you ain't getting...

Wait 'till next year. From what i`ve heard nogotiations haven`t gone well so far.

Comment

• Reason #1 the Yankees will win the WS next year:

Superman!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                  Wait 'till next year. From what i`ve heard nogotiations haven`t gone well so far.
                  Just as long as he ain't in pinstripes in 2007. And I'm not worried. It isn't even December 1 yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
                    Just as long as he ain't in pinstripes in 2007. And I'm not worried. It isn't even December 1 yet...
                    What do we need him for when we have....

GODZILLA

First thing on Google for Hideki Matsui

Comment

• Matsuzaka wouldn`t even be the best Asian pitcher in the rivalry. That is....

The Pride of Taiwang

Comment

Matsuzaka wouldn`t even be the best Asian pitcher in the rivalry. That is....

The Pride of Taiwang

Hey, if Beantown has another $51.1m to spare, they can have Wang also. We should make them throw in Ortiz and Papelbon also. Yeah, they can keep Curt's mouth and his bloody sock. Both I can do without.

Since Beantown's "fans" insist upon taking a whiz in their own swimming pool:

Last edited by Mattingly; 12-01-2006, 01:13 AM.
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

Matsuzaka wouldn`t even be the best Asian pitcher in the rivalry. That is....

The Pride of Taiwang

Lol. Good luck saying that with a straight face next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanAparra
                            Lol. Good luck saying that with a straight face next year.
                            Good luck affording Red Sawx ticket$ next season.

Now then, which Yankee hits the first slam off Mats? Giambi? Damon? Cap'n Jeter? A-Bomb from A-Rod?

Will Josh "Too many dingers to count" teach him how to crane his neck once per start?

Inquiring Yankee fans want to know!

Now get to sleep, young Beantowner. It's way past your bedtime!

Comment

• Good luck affording Red Sawx ticket$ next season.
                              I'll be watching them in Texas -- not too much, since A-Choke left.

Now then, which Yankee hits the first slam off Mats? Giambi? Damon? Cap'n Jeter? A-Bomb from A-Rod?
                              A-Rod? I guess so -- he only hits in the first 2 innings anyway -- then he folds like a lawnchair.

Now get to sleep, young Beantowner. It's way past your bedtime!
                              Finals time, Darth Vader!!! Also, have fun spending 25 mil on a player some teams wanted as a reliever!!

Comment

Hey, if Beantown has another $51.1m to spare, they can have Wang also. We should make them throw in Ortiz and Papelbon also. Yeah, they can keep Curt's mouth and his bloody sock. Both I can do without.

Since Beantown's "fans" insist upon taking a whiz in their own swimming pool:

Yeah..you just can't forget the 2001 Series and the 2004 ALCS...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X