Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Ken. I hear it's your day. Not your year, but your day.

The Great Pumpkin may just pass by at midnight!

It's too bad that you'll have to wait until 2090 to see it. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• 2090? Yeah right, you Yankees may never see #27 until 2086. I thought the Red Sox and Yankees call a ceasefire after the postseason, guess I was wrong. Anyway, the Yankees bore me with their constant losing in the postseason, bring someone else up to the plate for us that can fight back (Tigers or A's).

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
        2090? Yeah right, you Yankees may never see #27 until 2086. I thought the Red Sox and Yankees call a ceasefire after the postseason, guess I was wrong. Anyway, the Yankees bore me with their constant losing in the postseason, bring someone else up to the plate for us that can fight back (Tigers or A's).
        Can't wait to see how they blow their shot at #27 next year...

And speaking of Halloween...nah, it's how he ALWAYS looks to us...
        Attached Files
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• *sends evil spirits + ghosts & goblins the way of SDL & Solair*

Yo, Ken! How was your Halloween? What'd you dress up as? A fan of a 3rd place team, perhaps?

Hey, it's the Great Pumpking coming to your rescue ... in 2090!

Last edited by Mattingly; 11-01-2006, 05:18 PM.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Bedard
            For it to be a "choke", then a team must have a decent-sized lead or be about to win it all and then lose. So let's see....

Yankees:

2004 (should count double)
            1904 (JACK CHESBRO)

Red Sox:

Fixed it for ya.

If 2004 counts double for 3 games, 1978 sould count 27 time more! And you forgot the 1946, (Cardinals), 1949 (Yankees), 1975 (Reds), 2003, (Yankees... again!) 2005,(Yankees... huh) and 2006. (Yankees, starting to get old.)

Comment

• Originally posted by IAmSmarterThanYou
              Fixed it for ya.

If 2004 counts double for 3 games, 1978 sould count 27 time more! And you forgot the 1946, (Cardinals), 1949 (Yankees), 1975 (Reds), 2003, (Yankees... again!) 2005,(Yankees... huh) and 2006. (Yankees, starting to get old.)
              Don't forget about 1926!
              Ruth Gets thrown out to lose 1926 World Series.jpg
              "Who's that fat guy trying to steal second?"

BTW, I forget, how'd that 1960 World Series go for you guys?

I don't think Mr.Mazeroski has thanked Ralph Terry for that "hot 'nd spicy meataball!" yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599
                Don't forget about 1926!
                [ATTACH]15536[/ATTACH]
                "Who's that fat guy trying to steal second?"

BTW, I forget, how'd that 1960 World Series go for you guys?

I don't think Mr.Mazeroski has thanked Ralph Terry for that "hot 'nd spicy meataball!" yet.
                Damn...you forgot to mention the 1962 and 1976 World Series..I can't recall the Yankees winning any games in those Series..do you?

Comment

• Game 7, 2004 of the ALCS...you know WHO won in WHOSE home? The Red Sox, of course at Yankee Stadium. Oh yes, here's the 1942 World Series, won by none other than the Cardinals. Here's another Yankees choke never to forget: Luis Gonzalez's double in a TIE game, 1-1. The Yankees COULD have won, but they choked instead - with their best closer in modern baseball on the mound.

Well, here's an insulting picture, a score from an actual Yankees game two years ago. Take this, Yankee fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
                    Damn...you forgot to mention the 1962 and 1976 World Series..I can't recall the Yankees winning any games in those Series..do you?
                    Perhaps you'd better choose your words more carefully.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1962_WS.shtml

The year the Mets were born, the Yanks won #20. Me likey!

You folks also forgot the 1948 one-game playoff in which Beantown lost to the Tribe, who then won the WS (against the Beantown Braves).
                    Last edited by Mattingly; 11-02-2006, 12:20 PM.

Comment

McCovey would like to forget 1962 also.

Comment

You mean 1963, Koufax and company.
                        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                          Perhaps you'd better choose your words more carefully.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1962_WS.shtml

The year the Mets were born, the Yanks won #20. Me likey!
                          I admit I made a typo.

I meant this...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1963_WS.shtml

BTW..who was that Dodger 1B? I can't remember who he played with BEFORE the Dodgers...but it looks like he had a good Series in '63...

Comment

• Got a question here.

If George and John traded players in the middle of a doubleheader. Which team do you root for? Would you immediately start insulting a player that you use to cheer for? Do you move from Boston to New York and vice-versa?

Just Curious
                            Last edited by Old Sweater; 11-02-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• I'd root for Boston regardless, not the evil Yankees that steal players from the free agent list and end up having their careers siderail, as of late. (like A-Rod, for instance this year)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
                                I'd root for Boston regardless, not the evil Yankees that steal players from the free agent list and end up having their careers siderail, as of late. (like A-Rod, for instance this year)
                                Yeah, don't blame you. I'd still root on the Yankees, been doing it since I can remember, 1958 or so. Glad I grew up in Colorado, didn't have to get into the hereditary rivalry thing. Only thing that has changed thru the years is that the Red Sox now finish 2nd in payroll like in the standings.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X