X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly
    Please remember the following:
    • you are a mere Beantowner;
    • you are therefore unworthy of serious consideration for quality mental thoughts;
    • your only purpose in life is for the mere amusement of Yankee fans;
    • you shall always bow down to the Mighty Yankee fans;
    • The Reign of Terror that King George wields will live on for years after he's gone, much like the one put on by a famous LHP who'd played on the 1918 Beantown team.

Now please try to relax while I slip this navy blue cap on your head.
    You mean a cap like this...?
    Attached Files
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• We will never surrender to King George, and even as a Cardinals fans, you should lay off the Red Sox. If you don't, I'll lock all you Pinstripers into this car:

Curse of the Bambino? What's that? 2004 was the end. If everything goes right the Yankees will win in 2086, finally getting #27 after all these years of losing. The curse has reversed...

Comment

• St. Louis Cardinals' fans: more than 3 million satisfied fans and counting. Jaret Wright's contract: $3 million contract per year. He has been depleted by injuries and horrible pitching and counting in the past, and especially choking during Game 4 of the 2006 ALDS. Big investment in a promsing pitcher goes to waste. Hey Yankees, here's your "can't miss player" right here:

Let's see him go against...JV!

Oh wait, Yankees aren't satisfied, are they? I'll just make them miss a tag on purpose, so it's now The Tag in 2004.

Comment

• Hey, Ken. I hear it's your day. Not your year, but your day.

The Great Pumpkin may just pass by at midnight!

It's too bad that you'll have to wait until 2090 to see it. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• 2090? Yeah right, you Yankees may never see #27 until 2086. I thought the Red Sox and Yankees call a ceasefire after the postseason, guess I was wrong. Anyway, the Yankees bore me with their constant losing in the postseason, bring someone else up to the plate for us that can fight back (Tigers or A's).

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
              2090? Yeah right, you Yankees may never see #27 until 2086. I thought the Red Sox and Yankees call a ceasefire after the postseason, guess I was wrong. Anyway, the Yankees bore me with their constant losing in the postseason, bring someone else up to the plate for us that can fight back (Tigers or A's).
              Can't wait to see how they blow their shot at #27 next year...

And speaking of Halloween...nah, it's how he ALWAYS looks to us...
              Attached Files

Comment

• *sends evil spirits + ghosts & goblins the way of SDL & Solair*

Yo, Ken! How was your Halloween? What'd you dress up as? A fan of a 3rd place team, perhaps?

Hey, it's the Great Pumpking coming to your rescue ... in 2090!

Last edited by Mattingly; 11-01-2006, 06:18 PM.
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Bedard
                  For it to be a "choke", then a team must have a decent-sized lead or be about to win it all and then lose. So let's see....

Yankees:

2004 (should count double)
                  1904 (JACK CHESBRO)

Red Sox:

Fixed it for ya.

If 2004 counts double for 3 games, 1978 sould count 27 time more! And you forgot the 1946, (Cardinals), 1949 (Yankees), 1975 (Reds), 2003, (Yankees... again!) 2005,(Yankees... huh) and 2006. (Yankees, starting to get old.)

Comment

• Originally posted by IAmSmarterThanYou
                    Fixed it for ya.

If 2004 counts double for 3 games, 1978 sould count 27 time more! And you forgot the 1946, (Cardinals), 1949 (Yankees), 1975 (Reds), 2003, (Yankees... again!) 2005,(Yankees... huh) and 2006. (Yankees, starting to get old.)
                    Don't forget about 1926!
                    Ruth Gets thrown out to lose 1926 World Series.jpg
                    "Who's that fat guy trying to steal second?"

BTW, I forget, how'd that 1960 World Series go for you guys?

I don't think Mr.Mazeroski has thanked Ralph Terry for that "hot 'nd spicy meataball!" yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599
                      Don't forget about 1926!
                      [ATTACH]15536[/ATTACH]
                      "Who's that fat guy trying to steal second?"

BTW, I forget, how'd that 1960 World Series go for you guys?

I don't think Mr.Mazeroski has thanked Ralph Terry for that "hot 'nd spicy meataball!" yet.
                      Damn...you forgot to mention the 1962 and 1976 World Series..I can't recall the Yankees winning any games in those Series..do you?

Comment

• Game 7, 2004 of the ALCS...you know WHO won in WHOSE home? The Red Sox, of course at Yankee Stadium. Oh yes, here's the 1942 World Series, won by none other than the Cardinals. Here's another Yankees choke never to forget: Luis Gonzalez's double in a TIE game, 1-1. The Yankees COULD have won, but they choked instead - with their best closer in modern baseball on the mound.

Well, here's an insulting picture, a score from an actual Yankees game two years ago. Take this, Yankee fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
                          Damn...you forgot to mention the 1962 and 1976 World Series..I can't recall the Yankees winning any games in those Series..do you?
                          Perhaps you'd better choose your words more carefully.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1962_WS.shtml

The year the Mets were born, the Yanks won #20. Me likey!

You folks also forgot the 1948 one-game playoff in which Beantown lost to the Tribe, who then won the WS (against the Beantown Braves).
                          Last edited by Mattingly; 11-02-2006, 01:20 PM.

Comment

McCovey would like to forget 1962 also.

Comment

You mean 1963, Koufax and company.
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly
                                Perhaps you'd better choose your words more carefully.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1962_WS.shtml

The year the Mets were born, the Yanks won #20. Me likey!
                                I admit I made a typo.

I meant this...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/po.../1963_WS.shtml

BTW..who was that Dodger 1B? I can't remember who he played with BEFORE the Dodgers...but it looks like he had a good Series in '63...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X