This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neilios
    How could they not do this deal? Isn't that how the Yankees do business? Let all the homegrowns go for the overrated, overpaid and washed up?
    Like these two homegrowns?
    Attached Files
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL
      Like these two homegrowns?
      You mean the same Wily Mo Pena that attempting to rob a home run knocked it over the wall? That one? And who is this Mike Lowell? And lets not forget Larry Andersen for Jeff Bagwell! That's got to be one of the worst trades ever!

Hiya SDL

Comment

• Originally posted by Murderer's Row
        You mean the same Wily Mo Pena that attempting to rob a home run knocked it over the wall? That one? And who is this Mike Lowell? And lets not forget Larry Andersen for Jeff Bagwell! That's got to be one of the worst trades ever!

Hiya SDL
        You guys traded Wily Mo & Lowell away...that's the point I was making about homegrown Yankees getting dealt away.

Yeah, I'm still POd about Gorman's Folly.

Talk about bad trades? Not counting The Babe to the Yankees, look at my avatar for one of the two I was POd about...the other one was in early 1969.

Comment

• A GIFT we gave you

I also forgot this GIFT we gave you guys during Spring Training 1972

You're Welcome
          Attached Files

Comment

I also forgot this GIFT we gave you guys during Spring Training 1972

You're Welcome
            What a deal that was.
            We give up a soon to be Cy Young winner for Danny Cater . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere
              What a deal that was.
              We give up a soon to be Cy Young winner for Danny Cater . . .
              Wasn't a total loss...the throw-in was...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Occasionally in my travels I come across something priceless and I feel the overwhelming need to share.

Bet ya can't eat just one.

"I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
                Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Hahaha. The Yankees are supposedly the best team in baseball, but they choke every time from 2001-06. 2004 they had NO excuse. What if they had an iPod commercial in 2004? It would be this:

That was from the 2004 ALCS, but it could apply to any of the other five years (2001-03, 2005-06). The Boss wants a World Series ring with a bunch of highly paid superstars in their 30s. Yeah right, a $208 million payroll won't win, think TEAM CHEMISTRY. Boston did it, with Mientkiewicz, Mueller, M-Ram, Ortiz, and Foulke. Doug Mientkiewicz is a journeyman player, but there's nothing wrong with that.

There IS something wrong when a team is leading 3-0 in the ALCS and literally chokes down the stretch. They may have swept a tired Cardinals team, but they eliminated the pesky Yankees in an unbelievable finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
                    Hahaha. The Yankees are supposedly the best team in baseball, but they choke every time from 2001-06. 2004 they had NO excuse. What if they had an iPod commercial in 2004? It would be this:

That was from the 2004 ALCS, but it could apply to any of the other five years (2001-03, 2005-06). The Boss wants a World Series ring with a bunch of highly paid superstars in their 30s. Yeah right, a $208 million payroll won't win, think TEAM CHEMISTRY. Boston did it, with Mientkiewicz, Mueller, M-Ram, Ortiz, and Foulke. Doug Mientkiewicz is a journeyman player, but there's nothing wrong with that.

There IS something wrong when a team is leading 3-0 in the ALCS and literally chokes down the stretch. They may have swept a tired Cardinals team, but they eliminated the pesky Yankees in an unbelievable finish.
                    Losing in the postseason is not the same as choking. They have not choked every year from 2001-2006.

Comment

Losing in the postseason is not the same as choking. They have not choked every year from 2001-2006.
                      When you fail in the post-seasonfor SIX CONSECUTIVE YEARS, that is CHOKING.

Blowing a 3-0 lead in a series..losing FOUR STRAIGHT...That is CHOKING.

Face it

Admit it

Learn to live with it.

The Yankees CHOKED

Comment

Gah.
                        Do you really consider NY's performance in the 2004 ALCS to be something other than choking? It was the worst choke in baseball history, MR.
                        "Anything less would not have been worthy of me. Anything more would not have been possible." - Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

• Originally posted by SoxSon
                          Gah.
                          Do you really consider NY's performance in the 2004 ALCS to be something other than choking? It was the worst choke in baseball history, MR.
                          No, I meant like in 2002 or 2003! And you still could make a case for the greatest choke being 1986.

Hiya SoxSon

Comment

No, I meant like in 2002 or 2003! And you still could make a case for the greatest choke being 1986.

Hiya SoxSon
                            Losing a game Six the way we did may be a choke, but it pales in comparison to BLOWING A 3-0 LEAD IN GAMES AND LOSING FOUR STRAIGHT

Comment

Losing a game Six the way we did may be a choke, but it pales in comparison to BLOWING A 3-0 LEAD IN GAMES AND LOSING FOUR STRAIGHT
                              Witness if you will a team: The Boston Red Sox won five of the first fifteen World Series and yet they didn't win another for eighty-six years! Again and again and again they choked! And again and again and again and again and again and again!

Also, I was wondering, if 2001-2006 are all chokes, what do you consider '67 and '75?

Comment

Witness if you will a team: The Boston Red Sox won five of the first fifteen World Series and yet they didn't win another for eighty-six years! Again and again and again they choked! And again and again and again and again and again and again!

Also, I was wondering, if 2001-2006 are all chokes, what do you consider '67 and '75?
                                Sorry buddy... no matter what... The Yankees lost after being up 3-0. Nothing tops that. Nothing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X