Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also here to say that Bill Buckner is banned from this thread. That means, no more Bill Buckner error pictures, jokes, and other nicknames. Failure to comply means that you must defect to one of the other AL East teams: Orioles, Blue Jays, Red Sox, and Devil Rays. If you still fail to comply, you must root for the team the Yankees are playing against.

That's right, Bronx Bombers. You get to root against the Yankees this year, and hopefully $teinbrenner should (not) listen to get a better team. Money doesn't buy championships, and let's see the 1926 World Series. Who lost that year, I imagine? Who was that World Series' choke artist, that is in the Baseball Hall of Fame?

Comment

• Yankee fans, where are you? I think my post scared them because the picture of the infamous 1986 error is now banned. But, Yankees, Mets, Blue Jays, etc. fans will stop at nothing to post that picture.

P.S. Judas Damon is going to get booed severely on April 21. Have fun watching him get booed like he did last year.

Comment

• All 3 NY football teams are out of the playoffs now. The Pats smoked the beloved Jets yesterday, if anyone missed that game. Have an exciting winter New Yorkas.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kyle-
          All 3 NY football teams are out of the playoffs now. The Pats smoked the beloved Jets yesterday, if anyone missed that game. Have an exciting winter New Yorkas.
          Also add in the fact that you can already smell the Yankee's stank and the season hasn't even started yet.

Comment

All 3 NY football teams are out of the playoffs now. The Pats smoked the beloved Jets yesterday, if anyone missed that game. Have an exciting winter New Yorkas.
            Oh, I was watching...wearing my 12 Brady jersey...how sweet to see another NY team to crash.

Admittedly, the Patriots play in Foxboro..not Boston...and the team is NEW ENGLAND. Last time I checked, E. Rutherford is NOT in NYC or even in NY State. At least the USFL team was HONESTLY called the NEW JERSEY Generals...as are the Devils and Nets
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Two weeks later, the rivalry renews. Last night the Patriots got eliminated, and that puts a damper on Beantown. It's too lonely there with two subpar teams to hold for the far superior Red Sox.

Today, place your bets on which team will finish first. Will it be the faithful Red Sox, the eager Toronto Blue Jays, or will it be the always finishing first New York Yankees again (then the Yankees choke in the playoffs)?

Comment

• If Peytom Manning can make it to his League's finals than so can A-Rod
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                  If Peytom Manning can make it to his League's finals than so can A-Rod
                  Only if Rache Caldwell is playing First Base for the Soxs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright
                    Two weeks later, the rivalry renews. Last night the Patriots got eliminated, and that puts a damper on Beantown. It's too lonely there with two subpar teams to hold for the far superior Red Sox.

Today, place your bets on which team will finish first. Will it be the faithful Red Sox, the eager Toronto Blue Jays, or will it be the always finishing first New York Yankees again (then the Yankees choke in the playoffs)?
                    What rivalry between the Colts and Pats? That doesn't really contribute to Yanks and Sox unless Yankees are (Bandwagoning) colts fans.

Comment

What rivalry between the Colts and Pats? That doesn't really contribute to Yanks and Sox unless Yankees are (Bandwagoning) colts fans.
                      Isn't this the same as many Red Sox fans do? We root for any team that plays vs the Pats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan
                        Isn't this the same as many Red Sox fans do? We root for any team that plays vs the Pats.
                        Ok ok, just making sure all the Yankee Fans aren't Colts fans. They might as well be Laker fans too if they like the colts.

Comment

• Bill Simmons was worried that he roots for the football Yankees. The Colts are the football Yankees (since 2001), and Peyton Manning is the football Jeter. The Patriots, since 2001, are more like the football Cardinals. No, not the football Cardinals, the Cardinals of football. The St. Louis Cardinals of baseball, if they were a football team. Yeah.

Comment

• No way, the Patriots are the Yankees of the NFL. Yankees and Patriots both were deemed Dynasties, Brady would perfectly resemble Jeter, Bellicheck can be Torre. The Colts are the like the Red Sox, make it to the AFC Championship so many times to lose to their arch nemesis, the Patriots and finally the team everyone wants to win, wins, in one of the biggest ways,k being down 21-6 at half and being as far down as 18. Somewhat like the '04 ALCS.
                            "I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
                            -Rogers Hornsby-

Just a note to all the active members of BBF, I consider all of you the smartest baseball people I have ever communicated with and love everyday I am on here. Thank you all!

Comment

• Brady is no Jeter (thank goodness) and Bob Kraft is certainly no Steinbrenner (DOUBLE thank goodness)
                              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeMan

I think you need to expand your vision of rivialry. Besides, the BoSox have won a few pennants that the Yanks would have liked to have won themselves. But, unlike the Yanks, the BoSox never capitlized on the opportunities. True, it's bigger for BoSox fans than Yank fans. But hey, what franchise, in any sport, compares with the Yanks?*

*Montreal of the NHL?
                                -Bayern Munich of the Bundesliga has won 20 championships.
                                -Sorry if you have no idea what I'm talking about
                                -Soccer Fan Here

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X