X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this poll on this thread now?
    Originally posted by Domenic
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake
      Why is this poll on this thread now?

Maybe because I put it there . . .
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Maybe because I put it there . . .
        Ok, but you still didn't answer the question as to why?
        The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix
          Where's the option for "0" ???
          Good one . . .
          Ken Fougère

Comment

Ok, but you still didn't answer the question as to why?
            Just wanted to get some opinions on the Red Sox new talent . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

Gotcha. I say he'll win about 15. What do you think?

Comment

Gotcha. I say he'll win about 15. What do you think?
                Well, they say he's got 6 pitches that he can throw for strikes at will.
                If that's true, I'm looking (hoping) for anywhere from 17 to 20 wins. But, we'll see . . .
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• Spring Training starts next week. The first bet takes place on April 20th. Here are the betting rules, again:

For example, if you bet the Sox sweeps the Yankees and you guess right, you keep your Red Sox avatar and signature. But, if it's the other way around, you lose the signature and avatar for one week, and you don a Yankees' signature and avatar. The same goes with Yankee fans.

If they lose a bet by the Red Sox sweeping them, they get a Red Sox signature and avatar. Be careful on betting, because if you lose the bet, you become a fan of the opposing team.

Comment

• Make sure you let Matt in on this. He's been trying so hard every year.

Maybe this year he'll actually get to wear his own avatar sometime . . .
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 02-19-2007, 07:52 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• real question . . . .

Hey Matt,
                      Is A-Rod's play since becoming a Yankee the reason his relationship with Jeter has soured?
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

Red Sox talent....

Where?
                        2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

Well, they say he's got 6 pitches that he can throw for strikes at will.
                          If that's true, I'm looking (hoping) for anywhere from 17 to 20 wins. But, we'll see . . .
                          Wins? Are you sure you don't mean losses?

Good luck with Joel Pineiro as your closer
                          2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                            Red Sox talent....

Where?

Check out my Yankee blog http://questfor27.blogspot.com/

TRIBUTE TO MOOOSE (MIKE MUSSINA)
                            ~~~~Thanks for all of the great memories Mike~~~~~
                            You have my HOF vote and good luck in the future now that you have retired. Thanks for the wins you gave the Yanks from 2001-2008. Have an enjoyable retirement.

Comment

• I'm going to go with 14-16. I really believe that the Red Sox are the team to beat this year. I know that there are alot of unknowns with their pitching, but I predict that Schilling will pitch well, Dice-K will be adequate, Beckett will come around and be decent, Wakefield will be, well...Wakefield and Papelbon (should he start) will be ok. I think if the starters keep their ERAs below 4.00 (even low 4.00s should be ok), the offense will put up enough runs to win lots of games. We'll see this offensive juggernaut help cover up for an unstable bullpen, too.

So having said that, I think any starter for the Red Sox is certainly capable of 14 wins...17 or more wins may take a better pitching performance than just "adequate".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickey_Henderson
                                Red Sox talent....

Where?
                                Don't worry, like in 2004, you'll find out. Superior pitching makes the difference.
                                It can even enable historic comebacks in a 7-game playoff series . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X