This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix
    With all the talk of the Yanks and Sox both finishing in 3rd and 4th, I guess the Blue Jays and Orioles are just going to have to step in and claim 1st and 2nd. Of course, it will be the Jays in 1st. But the Orioles can have second. Let me tell you why:

Red Sox
    • Dice-K admits that the Gyroball was a result of having steroids injected into his fingers, and is suspended.
    • Papelbon won't start unless he is the #1 starter. Schilling then fights him for the position, and they both break each others pitching hands.
    • Tim Wakefield can't cope with the pressures of filling the #2, 3, 4 and 5 spots in the rotation. His arm can take it, because he throws the knuckler. But emotionally, he breaks down.
    • Josh Beckett is left to lead a rotation full of minor leaguers. He fails.

Yankees
    • Jorge Posada retires, because he admits that he has always wanted to grow a beard, but George would never let him.
    • A-Rod has a long heart-to-heart with Jeter, and they both break down at how mean Yankee fans are.
    • Jason Giambi demands a trade to Detroit to be closer to Gary.
    • Steinbrenner fires Matsui and Igawa, because he thinks they are conspiring against him when they speak to each other in Japanese.
    • Johnny Damon goes back to the Red Sox, for two reasons. He is envious of Coco Crisp, and he wants to grow back his beard, for spiritual reasons.
    • Melky Cabrera tears both hamstrings trying to play all three OF positions at once.
    • Robinson Cano cracks under the pressure of havingt to play every fielding position, including catcher and CF. He runs away from Yankee Stadium, and is last seen swimming home to the Dominican.
    *Of course, I mean no harm in my predictions. All in good fun.

And that is why the Yanks and Sox will finish third and fourth respectively.
    How on earth does that hurt the Yankees? That could put them in first on it's own. Reasons why the Blue Jays will finish 3rd:
    • Roy Halladay will break his pitching arm in an effort to throw the gyroball
    • The Manager and Vernon Wells will get into a fisfight resulting in Wells missing the season and the team being thrown into complete chaos when the manager challenges the entire team to a fistfight
    • B.J. Ryan will decide that he really did make a mistake in choosing the Blue Jays as his team to go to after the manager challenges everyone to a fistfight and demand a trade to the Yankees resulting in a B.J. Ryan for Brain Bruney and Miguel Cairo deal allowing the Yankees to bring back Bernie Williams as a 5th OF
    • Bernie hits a game tying homer against the Blue Jays in the 9th allowing Rivera to pitch scoreless innings in the 8th, 9th, and 10th, that allows Ryan to come ina and pitch 3 more scoreless inning until Bernie hits a walk-off off of Brian Bruney in the 13th
    • Shea Hillenbrand and Ted Lilly are traded back to the Blue Jays creating more clubouse turmoil

And sadly that's all I got. yours were better.

This is all meant as a joke of course
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• I voted 8-10 for Dice K being optimistic on his behalf. Keep in mind I expect Kei Igawa to win 15-18

Comment

• Where's the option for "0" ???
        WAMCO!

Comment

• Why is this poll on this thread now?
          Originally posted by Domenic
          The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake
            Why is this poll on this thread now?

Maybe because I put it there . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere

Maybe because I put it there . . .
              Ok, but you still didn't answer the question as to why?
              The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richmond Hill Phoenix
                Where's the option for "0" ???
                Good one . . .
                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ok, but you still didn't answer the question as to why?
                  Just wanted to get some opinions on the Red Sox new talent . . .
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

Gotcha. I say he'll win about 15. What do you think?

Comment

Gotcha. I say he'll win about 15. What do you think?
                      Well, they say he's got 6 pitches that he can throw for strikes at will.
                      If that's true, I'm looking (hoping) for anywhere from 17 to 20 wins. But, we'll see . . .
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Spring Training starts next week. The first bet takes place on April 20th. Here are the betting rules, again:

For example, if you bet the Sox sweeps the Yankees and you guess right, you keep your Red Sox avatar and signature. But, if it's the other way around, you lose the signature and avatar for one week, and you don a Yankees' signature and avatar. The same goes with Yankee fans.

If they lose a bet by the Red Sox sweeping them, they get a Red Sox signature and avatar. Be careful on betting, because if you lose the bet, you become a fan of the opposing team.

Comment

• Make sure you let Matt in on this. He's been trying so hard every year.

Maybe this year he'll actually get to wear his own avatar sometime . . .
                          Last edited by KenFougere; 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM.
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• real question . . . .

Hey Matt,
                            Is A-Rod's play since becoming a Yankee the reason his relationship with Jeter has soured?
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

Red Sox talent....

Where?

Comment

Well, they say he's got 6 pitches that he can throw for strikes at will.
                                If that's true, I'm looking (hoping) for anywhere from 17 to 20 wins. But, we'll see . . .
                                Wins? Are you sure you don't mean losses?

Good luck with Joel Pineiro as your closer

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X