Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmmmmmmm, seems like someone got Royally Skunked last night! Did Schill & Beantown just :bowdown: to the Mighty KC Royals? Let us see the evidence ... How many opposing runners crossed ?

There's no crying in baseball!

-Tom Hanks

Good-bye. Don't forget to write!

Hey, at least Curt got his workout:

Last edited by Mattingly; 04-03-2007, 01:38 AM.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• What do the Royals players think of Curt?

+ =
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        Now then, how did Curt Schill do last night? [/URL]
        Like I said in the Red Sox thread, I think Schill's arm was tired from all the blogging. :atthepc

Not one of his better games.

Comment

• His arm was probably tired from shoveling in the pound upon pounds of pork into his mouth...I mean the guy's entitled to an off night being that fat...they can't all be Fernando V
          "he probably used some performance enhancing drugs so he could do a better job on his report...i hear they make you gain weight" - Dr. Zizmor

"I thought it was interesting and yes a conversation piece. Next time I post a similar story I will close with the question "So, do you think either of them have used steroids?" so that I can make the topic truly relevant to discussions about today's game." - Eric Davis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqul1GyK7-g

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
            Like I said in the Red Sox thread, I think Schill's arm was tired from all the blogging. :atthepc

I will not mind if there will be some more games like this. The more the better IMO.

In my case it is not about hating the Sox, but it is about the disliking of Curt Schilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post

In that case, he should work for the Bahstunned Globe, not the Bahstunned Beantowners. Why spend so much time on the PC talking endlessly about baseball (and his other topics) when you can't even pitch a good game? To me, his best time should be spent insuring that he's ready to pitch a good game, re-starting his blogging the day after he pitches.

Of course, if he wishes to start more game threads, rather than preparing for actual games, that's fine with me. Now then, what about only one run on an RBI double by Ortiz? Will KC's dominance over Beantown continue?

Comment

• Gnats got shut down today,by the Padres.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's funny 1st shut out of the Season 7-0 LOL!:applaud:
                Go Dodgers & Rafael Furcal
                World Series: 1955, 1959, 1963, 1965, 1981, 1988

Best Shortstop in the Game: Rafael Furcal
                Future Best Second Basemen: Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Future:Greatest2BofAll-Time View Post
                  Gnats got shut down today,by the Padres.LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's funny 1st shut out of the Season 7-0 LOL!:applaud:
                  I forgot they still had ball clubs out there on the west coast.
                  Originally posted by Domenic
                  The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                    I forgot they still had ball clubs out there on the west coast.
                    You must not be that serious of a Baseball fan. Otherwise you would have know that three teams from California made the Playoffs.

Comment

• Don't know why some Boston Red Sox fan is talking. Boston finished third in the Division and was 9 GB the Wild Card leader. Nothing against Red Sox fans, but don't know why his sticking his nose in here when It doesn't even concern his team or any AL Team. Unless, you got something smart to say by all means give your two cents, but saying something as dumb as that is just...dumb.LOL!

"I forgot they still had ball clubs out there on the west coast." LOL! dumbest quote of the Baseball year so far.LOL!

Comment

You must not be that serious of a Baseball fan. Otherwise you would have know that three teams from California made the Playoffs.
                        Originally posted by Future:Greatest2BofAll-Time View Post
                        Don't know why some Boston Red Sox fan is talking. Boston finished third in the Division and was 9 GB the Wild Card leader. Nothing against Red Sox fans, but don't know why his sticking his nose in here when It doesn't even concern his team or any AL Team. Unless, you got something smart to say by all means give your two cents, but saying something as dumb as that is just...dumb.LOL!

"I forgot they still had ball clubs out there on the west coast." LOL! dumbest quote of the Baseball year so far.LOL!
                        My friend, this thread is mostly populated by AL East fans. Everyone here is welcome, but many of us have been in this thread for at least a year. This thread began in Feb 2002, just to give you an example.

Westlake does in fact know that there are teams on the west coast, with LAD being the first west coast team.

Please, instead of doubting the credibility of anyone here, please understand that this is a very light-hearted thread, per many of the cheesy zingers & mud we throw at each other, all in jest, of course. If you can go back about 10-20 pages, you may see for yourself how playful we are here amongst one another.

Thanks.

Comment

• Hey, guess who's pitching for the Red Sox tonight? It's Josh "30-35 home runs allowed" Beckett! I hope he doesn't resume his 2006 form, or he'll be likely in a different uniform, preferably in a Dodgers or anywhere where it's a pitchers' park. He fares horribly in a hitters' park or even on the road, as you can see.

The Mets look to sweep on the road series against the unprepared Cardinals, then it's off to Atlanta to Turner Field. Looks like the Yankees will be a game behind because of rainy weather! This is our chance to capitalize on the rainout.

Comment

I think your sarcasm detector let Westlakes quote slip through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                              Hey, guess who's pitching for the Red Sox tonight? It's Josh "30-35 home runs allowed" Beckett! I hope he doesn't resume his 2006 form, or he'll be likely in a different uniform, preferably in a Dodgers or anywhere where it's a pitchers' park. He fares horribly in a hitters' park or even on the road, as you can see.
                              Well still Solair Wright, Beckett had 16 wins, 8th in the AL. Not that really helps him because he gave up 36 HR and had a 5.01 ERA.

As for the differnet unifrom, the Red Sox are not letting their no.1 or 2 ace go.
                              New York Mets 2007!!!!- 4-1 :gt

EIS SPRING TRAVEL TEAM 0-0

Comment

Dude, he's just making a joke. You shouldn't really be yelling at anyone just because he/she lieks having a little fun.
                                New York Mets 2007!!!!- 4-1 :gt

EIS SPRING TRAVEL TEAM 0-0

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X