This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Capsule?

I was taking apart watches before I started school....the time capsule got some tinkering....I've been to the future and back...

1. There is one team that is last in use of bullpen.
    2. There is one team that is first in the standings.
    3. How many hits in how many innings?

These trends continue. Oh, yes, Lester feels so held back when he gets back, the rotation gets rotated.

1.There is one team with a starting rotation drawn from Single A. This trend continues.
    2.There is one team that has a walk off closer.This trend continues.
    3. The Martians want to know about the "Eman". They think "Eman" would be a very good name. This catches on.:atthepc
    Last edited by CuriousBoston; 04-17-2007, 06:37 AM.
    Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
    Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post
      Poor Jeter, he needs to learn that after you catch the ball, the procedure is to hold it, then throw it to a specific spot.

SIX ERRORS!

If six errors by mid April, 12 by the end, 18 by mid May, 24 by the end, 30 by mid June, 36 by the end, 42 by All Star Break. On his way to a record.
      And I thought Tejada was playing horrible defense... :dismay:

In all honesty, though, the best SS in the AL East so far has been none other than Royce Clayton.

Oh, and since April 15th was yesterday, I can brag that my teams are both ahead of the Yankees!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post

Oh, and since April 15th was yesterday, I can brag that my teams are both ahead of the Yankees!
        But what team can't? The D-rays? Look on the bright side, Yankee fans, there is only 8 teams ahead of you for the wild card!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp

Comment

• I found out the latest picture of a Yankees fan at a Yankee Stadium game two weeks ago.Which Yankee fan is this? I don't know, but it's a Yankees fan. If you want to see him, here's what he looked like:

And to the Yankee fans posting silly things about the Red Sox: Keep on bragging. You know something? This year's AL East division title is OURS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            Yeah, he made a boo-boo, but it was an off-balance throw. You need slick leather on both ends when you have a play like this. Bad throw, but only Mient would've scooped that one up.

BTW, how's your new career as a space cadet?

Nitwitness News
            Space Cadet Curious Bahstunned with her tiny little bop gun

Awwwwwwwwww, here's little Williamsburgh:

Here's the Ken, Erik Bedard and Solair Wright:

:blush: Awe, I always knew you looked up to us (Red Sox fans) as Super Heroes . . . .
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Where's the Big Unit when NY needs him . . .
              Wakefield (2-1) lowered his ERA to 1.35 and has allowed only three earned runs in 20 innings.

I know it's only April 18th, but Boston's starting 4 could be the difference maker in the AL East . . . :crossfingers:

Earned Run Averages (so far)
              • 49 Tim Wakefield - 1.35
              • 19 Josh Beckett - 1.50
              • 18 Daisuke Matsuzaka - 2.70 (24Ks)
              • 38 Curt Schilling - 2.84

Last edited by KenFougere; 04-18-2007, 08:07 PM.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                :blush: Awe, I always knew you looked up to us (Red Sox fans) as Super Heroes . . . .
                Nahhhhhhh, Ken, just space cadets. Not necessarily of the variety you'd find at West Point in New York. MIT flunky CB could be our resident rocket scientist.

Starting difference? We need another 5-game series at Fenway. Just think, when you only need to win 1 game, along come those Big Bad Yankees stomping all over the place and making a mess of things.

Oh, and the subject of my av got his first MLB win. No recent coughed-up innings unlike a certain other Japanese hurler of the $51.1m bid fee variety. Now if your lineup were as powerful as those Yankees, he may have won that game.

Igawa went 6 innings, gave up 2 ER. The pen didn't give up any runs.

Oh yeah, I'm not betting, but I still say we'll squish you like a bug.
                Last edited by Mattingly; 04-18-2007, 11:53 PM.
                Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Avatar bet for the upcoming series anyone? If I win, you have to put on a Dice-K avatar, and If I (somehow) lose, I have to put on a Igawa avatar. Any takers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post

Starting difference? We need another 5-game series at Fenway. Just think, when you only need to win 1 game...
                    Is that like the 2004 ALCS when you guys only needed to win 1 more game to advance
                    but couldn't, only to go on a 4 game loosing streak? :choke:

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                    Oh, and the subject of my av got his first MLB win. No recent coughed-up innings unlike a certain other Japanese hurler of the $51.1m bid fee variety.
                    PLEASE.There's no comparison. Your guy's stats don't approach Dice-K's. If we had scored some runs for him, (only 1 in his last 2 starts), he'd be 3-0 now. :disbelief:

Rookie Pitchers
                    _____________________GS IP---H--ER--BB--SO--W L ERA
                    1 Daisuke Matsuzaka BOS-3--20--17 --6 ---5--24--1 2 --2.70
                    2 Kei Igawa NYY-----------3--16--16-11 ---6--10--1 0 --6.06
                    Last edited by KenFougere; 04-19-2007, 12:59 PM.
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Pre-amptive reply to Mattingly's upcoming "look what A-rod did now!" post:

Whoop de do. Mr. April strikes again, against some team from cleveland. Only 13 more to catch Senior Octobre!
                      http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...zwalkoffs?pg=1
                      Just last year:

Comment

• Oh please, we all know that Kei Igawa is the next Hideki Irabu. Just admit it already or I'll make you admit it!

Alright, here's the official betting rules, because I said so: If the Red Sox wins the series, the Yankee fans are branded with Red Sox avatars and signatures for three days. If they sweep, same thing with signatures and avatars, but it's ONE week.

Same rules apply for the Yankees if they win the series or sweep, except the Red Sox fans wear Yankee avatars and signatures. Got it? Good.

LET THE EYEROLLING CONTEST BEGIN!

Comment

• Just letting everyone know...

I'm back..in case ya missed me
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                            Oh please, we all know that Kei Igawa is the next Hideki Irabu. Just admit it already or I'll make you admit it!

Alright, here's the official betting rules, because I said so: If the Red Sox wins the series, the Yankee fans are branded with Red Sox avatars and signatures for three days. If they sweep, same thing with signatures and avatars, but it's ONE week.

Same rules apply for the Yankees if they win the series or sweep, except the Red Sox fans wear Yankee avatars and signatures. Got it? Good.

That sounds good, but I doubt you'll get any takers from New York . . .
                            Attached Files
                            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                              Pre-amptive reply to Mattingly's upcoming "look what A-rod did now!" post:

Whoop de do. Mr. April strikes again, against some team from cleveland. Only 13 more to catch Senior Octobre!
                              http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...zwalkoffs?pg=1
                              Just last year:
                              Señor Octobre you mean? That would either be El Duque or Reggie. What does "Senior" mean in español? Older folks?

Anyways, who's da man right now? Who's the man who's got the plan to go spank the Fenway fans?

Who is the man
                              That would risk his neck for his brother man?

A-Rod, that's who!

Can ya dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out
                              When there's danger all about?

A-Rod

You see this cat A-Rod is a baaaaaaad ...

Lemme know what Ortiz can do in 2007. 2006 is way over, but 3rd place teams last forever!

Last edited by Mattingly; 04-20-2007, 04:13 AM.
                              Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                                Oh please, we all know that Kei Igawa is the next Hideki Irabu. Just admit it already or I'll make you admit it!

I'll take Li'l Ken on for that one.

Hey, Ken, please select your fave Ruth image. I'll allow you to gong yourself on that one.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X