This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
    Good Morning, fans of the Yankee$ and Red $ox! Please take a look at your AL East standings, and note who is in second place...the Orioles have decided that fourth place is boring, and are making some noise!
    (Man that was fun to say!)
    Fine by me! Welcome to 2nd place, Orioles. Now if you could please stay right there for the next 5 months, I would appreciate it. Tampa Bay and Toronto, if your also done in the celler, please turn the lights off, lock the door, and come on up. Now we didn't forget anybody down their, did we? Hmm.... :

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOELESSJOE3 View Post
      Hey Bosox fans, remember what you preach to the Yankee fans when they talk about all the past pennants and World Series they won.......your words, "thats all in the past". So what do the Bosox fans harp on 2004..... I have news for you 2004 is also in the past. every winner has bragging rights for the one year they won it all in until the next team wins it all, after that it's all in the past.

Speaking of the past......one big one over 86 years, talk about a dry spell.
      Six years in a row..post-season choke
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
        Fine by me! Welcome to 2nd place, Orioles. Now if you could please stay right there for the next 5 months, I would appreciate it. Tampa Bay and Toronto, if your also done in the celler, please turn the lights off, lock the door, and come on up. Now we didn't forget anybody down their, did we? Hmm.... :
        And while you're at it, look which team has TWO pitchers in the top five in the AL in strikeouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post

And some team from the Bronx is gonna be here in Tampa Bay for a series starting tomorrow. I got a strong urge to go to a game...wearing Red Sox gear, of course...

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
            Six years in a row..post-season choke

Is that what you call it when it's the Yanks, choking. I call it the other team playing better. The Yanks got there didn't they, where have the Bosox finished the last 6 seasons, one WS a a bunch of second place finishes... behind... you guessed it the Yanks

The Bosox are the kings of letting it slip away. Just a few, going into N.Y. the last few days of 1949 with the lead they went down. 1978 14 game lead late in the season the Yanks take it, 1986 the Mets in the WS, 2003 Bosox up 5-2 in the 8th inning and again they let it get away.

Lets hear it, all you guys have is the 2004 comeback against the Yanks but how many times have you let it slip away over the years.

The laugher is when a team doesn't get as far as the Yanks in the last 6 seasons and and their fans say Yanks choked in the last 6 seasons, well where was the Bosox over that 6 year period. At least the Yanks got there, many more times than the Bosox.

Your living on one year 2004, one year and it took 86 years to get there. Your 2004 is in the past and all the Yankee World Series wins are in the past but the past has been more fun for the Yankee fans.

Comment

Is that what you call it when it's the Yanks, choking. I call it the other team playing better. The Yanks got there didn't they, where have the Bosox finished the last 6 seasons, one WS a a bunch of second place finishes... behind... you guessed it the Yanks

The Bosox are the kings of letting it slip away. Just a few, going into N.Y. the last few days of 1949 with the lead they went down. 1978 14 game lead late in the season the Yanks take it, 1986 the Mets in the WS, 2003 Bosox up 5-2 in the 8th inning and again they let it get away.

Lets hear it, all you guys have is the 2004 comeback against the Yanks but how many times have you let it slip away over the years.

The laugher is when a team doesn't get as far as the Yanks in the last 6 seasons and and their fans say Yanks choked in the last 6 seasons, well where was the Bosox over that 6 year period. At least the Yanks got there, many more times than the Bosox.

Your living on one year 2004, one year and it took 86 years to get there. Your 2004 is in the past and all the Yankee World Series wins are in the past but the past has been more fun for the Yankee fans.

2001..You lost to an EXPANSION team..The D'Backs....SCHILLING shut you down.

2003...The MARLINS..another EXPANSION team. BECKETT beat you guys...IN YOUR HOUSE.

You guys were supposed to have a EASY TIME in those two series.

WHAT HAPPENED???

Enjoying the weekend so far? I sure am!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                2001..You lost to an EXPANSION team..The D'Backs....SCHILLING shut you down.

2003...The MARLINS..another EXPANSION team. BECKETT beat you guys...IN YOUR HOUSE.

You guys were supposed to have a EASY TIME in those two series.

WHAT HAPPENED???

Enjoying the weekend so far? I sure am!
                No team is "supposed" to beat any other team. The game is never played on paper, it has to be played on the field. Always funny when a fan whose team did not get as far in a season as the Yanks and the fan knocks the Yanks for not winning it all. The weekend does not bother me at all, it's April and I expect in a few weeks better from the Yanks when their pitchers get off the DL and back into the rotation.

Comment

• Four Swings!

Manny POW!
                  Drew POW!
                  Lowell POW!
                  'Tek POW!

(Sorry for the double post...tried to correct typo in title and it instead re-posted it)

Comment

• Wow. Amazing.

(SDL, I deleted your first post)
                    WAMCO!

Comment

• Woohoo!

Comment

• Thank goodness for ESPN Radio... otherwise I would have missed the defining moment in Chase Wright's career.

Comment

• Mike Lowell...

again...POW!

Now what organization was he originally with that STUPIDLY dumped him...?
                          Attached Files

Comment

No team is "supposed" to beat any other team. The game is never played on paper, it has to be played on the field. Always funny when a fan whose team did not get as far in a season as the Yanks and the fan knocks the Yanks for not winning it all. The weekend does not bother me at all, it's April and I expect in a few weeks better from the Yanks when their pitchers get off the DL and back into the rotation.

That's cool, it's fun as hell for us.
                            Originally posted by Domenic
                            The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• For the third night in a row...

I'm gonna tell you a story
                              I'm gonna tell you about my town
                              I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
                              Aww, it's all about my town
                              Yeah, down by the river
                              Down by the banks of the river Charles
                              (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
                              That's where you'll find me
                              Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
                              (aw, but they're cool people)
                              Well I love that dirty water
                              Oh, Boston, you're my home
                              (oh, you're the Number One place)
                              Frustrated women
                              (I mean they're frustrated)
                              Have to be in by twelve o'clock
                              (oh, that's a shame)
                              But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
                              That just once those doors weren't locked
                              (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
                              Well I love that dirty water
                              Oh, Boston, you're my home
                              (oh, yeah)
                              Because I love that dirty water
                              Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
                              (oh, yeah)
                              Well, I love that dirty water
                              (I love it, baby)
                              I love that dirty water
                              (I love Baw-stun)
                              I love that dirty water
                              (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
                              I love that dirty water
                              (I'm the man, I'm the man)
                              I love that dirty water
                              (Owww!)
                              I love that dirty water
                              (Come on, come on)

Comment

• The Red Sox has just swept the Yankees out of Fenway for the first time since 1990. 6-5 final, how about that?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X