• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Huntington Avenue View Post
    Nice pictures there, Mattingly!

How was Kei Igawa, btw?
    5 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 2K

As opposed to:
    7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10K

Don't worry, Yankees' starters have been so successful the past few years...He'll turn it around!
    Ahhhhhhhhh, another wayward Beantowner by way of itty bitty Rhode Island. Sad how many fantasizers there are in NE.

Please repeat after me:

3rd place is good
    Winning the division is bad
    Let's hope that we can beat Baltimore for 4th place
    Can't wait until 2090 gets here
    One day we'll win ... some day ...
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
      Please repeat after me:

3rd place is good
      Winning the division is bad
      Let's hope that we can beat Baltimore for 4th place
      Can't wait until 2090 gets here
      One day we'll win ... some day ...
      No, please repeat after ME!

We keep on winning the division
      But come up short for the past six years
      Let's hope Boston can get 1st place for the first time since 1995
      Can't wait until D-Mat gets RoY, Cy Young and the Triple Crown
      2004 wasn't so long ago, we'll probably win again while the Yankees devolve into the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• How soon until June gets here? We need a swoon.

Yeah, I know, cheesy as a wine & cheese thing made with Ritz crackers, some Velveeta and a $3 bottle of jug wine. Then again, consider the source!

Oh yeah, something about you I can't understand. You're in St Louis, I'd thought you were a Cards fan from a previous av, you're supporting Boston, and your user text says 1993 champs, when the Blue Jays won it all in 1992 & '93. How many teams do you favor?
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• TWO-oo THOU-sand! TWO-oo THOU-sand!

But it's OK! Repeat after the therapist: This is your year.

And about Rhode Island: To get across the state, sometimes you have to drive FORTY minutes! FORTY! If you drive through the whole length of I-95, it might take SIXTY!
          And the Red Sox walk-off with the win!

Comment

• 2004 HAHAHAHA you guys last won in 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm_A_Shark View Post
              2004 HAHAHAHA you guys last won in 2004.
              And which team is your favorite?
              Click here to see my autographed 8x10 collection

Comment

2004 HAHAHAHA you guys last won in 2004.
                I can't argue with that logic.

My time line:

--I--------------I--------------I----
                2000----------2004----------Today

See how the 2004 is closer to today than 2000?

Comment

• Originally posted by AutographCollector View Post
                  And which team is your favorite?
                  The Red Sox. DUH!

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                    I can't argue with that logic.

My time line:

--I--------------I--------------I----
                    2000----------2004----------Today

See how the 2004 is closer to today than 2000?
                    Now if you could only make Matt understand that . . .
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntington Avenue View Post

How was Kei Igawa, btw?
                      5 IP, 8 H, 7 ER, 3 BB, 2K

As opposed to: Dice-K
                      7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10K

Don't worry, Yankees' starters have been so successful the past few years...He'll turn it around!
                      Yankees starters have allowed 27 runs -- 24 earned -- and 36 hits in 21 2-3 innings for a 9.97 ERA.

Start praying (or begging) for Clemens to choose New York . . . :bowdown:
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Yankee fans... They don't get that stuff. And considering I am a Yankee fan, I don't understand it.

Comment

Yankee fans... They don't get that stuff. And considering I am a Yankee fan, I don't understand it.
                          They say that admitting you have a problem is the first step to finding the solution . . .
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Ritz Crackers

"Use of Ritz Crackers for baseball watching"

With Vermont sharp cheddar
                            As part of stuffed mushrooms
                            As part of scalloped oysters or monkfish
                            Alternative cracker for real clam, fish, or seafood chowda

Velvetta...substance Ypitchers are putting on the ball. Substance that two overpaid Yinfielders should coat their gloves with.

$3.00 jugs of wine..what the NY students drink while the vermin are studying(:nosleep: ) in Boston.
                            Subjects:
                            How to find your way home drunk by walking on the trolley tracks, giving poor trolley drivers nightmares for the rest of their lives.
                            How to roller blade, skate, or bike in dark clothes, after dark, with no lights, not following traffic rules, giving nightmares to pedestrians and drivers alike.
                            How to be hauled into court the first weekend of every semester, put on probation, a court record started, parents and school notified.
                            ps-this also applies to NJ
                            Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                            Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Curious

Originally posted by I'm_A_Shark View Post
                              Yankee fans... They don't get that stuff. And considering I am a Yankee fan, I don't understand it.
                              Hello, welcome to our little thread. I am very curious about why you have named yourself shark, but use a penguin as your avatar....do you eat penguins? I am curious about the dietary habits of Yfans. (I consider Yfans to be a different species than homo sapiens ).

What is the name of the Galaxy you say you live in? The Galaxy you give as your location is unknown. Therefore, I am very curious about how you are communicating with us.
                              Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                              Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post
                                "Use of Ritz Crackers for baseball watching"

With Vermont sharp cheddar
                                As part of stuffed mushrooms
                                As part of scalloped oysters or monkfish
                                Alternative cracker for real clam, fish, or seafood chowda

Velvetta...substance Ypitchers are putting on the ball. Substance that two overpaid Yinfielders should coat their gloves with.

$3.00 jugs of wine..what the NY students drink while the vermin are studying(:nosleep: ) in Boston.
                                Subjects:
                                How to find your way home drunk by walking on the trolley tracks, giving poor trolley drivers nightmares for the rest of their lives.
                                How to roller blade, skate, or bike in dark clothes, after dark, with no lights, not following traffic rules, giving nightmares to pedestrians and drivers alike.
                                How to be hauled into court the first weekend of every semester, put on probation, a court record started, parents and school notified.
                                ps-this also applies to NJ
                                In the future, my young collegiate Beantowner friend (or whatever purpose we have for you New Englanders), thou shalt bow down to us Yankee fans, just as your 3rd place "team" does every single year. Now you can add Toronto to the list of superiors to be greatly respected.

Me thinks we can do better than Ritz crackers. Heck, even Nabisco saltines taste better than those yellow things. Oh yeah, it's spelled "Velveeta".

If NY students give the Beantown trolley drivers, pedestrians and car drivers fits, do you check from where they originated before you know this? Even if they're from NY (or NJ), they're likely following the local tradition.

Now then, let's hope that both the jug and the keg are empty, enjoy a sober week (and weekend).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X