This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    Man, you must have waited a loooooooooong time before you could say this huh?
    Good things come to those who wait . . .
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      Good things come to those who wait . . .

86 years of waiting?

Comment

• Even you bums have to get lucky once in a while
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• I must say, Crisp is a complete no class jerk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
            I must say, Crisp is a complete no class jerk.
            for being mad at a horrible call? A big assumption to make because of one simple act.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
              for being mad at a horrible call? A big assumption to make because of one simple act.
              At throwing his bat and his helmet for the auto eject. If the pitch was that bad why did Crisp start his bat?

Donnelly was getting the same call on the same pitch. Remember yakkity Tim saying that it was tuff to get that up and away call by a ump to a lefty when Donnelly was pitching?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                Even you bums have to get lucky once in a while
                Right now maybe. But 26 titles... You can't call that luck.

Comment

• Woo! This is so exciting! You guys won a game! Horray for you! Break out the champagne! Only 5.5 games out now!
                  "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Sweater View Post
                    I must say, Crisp is a complete no class jerk.
                    A sweeping classification for someone acting in a flash of high emotion, that.

Maybe he was swinging because the previous off-the-plate pitch was also called a strike.

He was angry! People sometimes throw things when they're angry. It doesn't mean that they're low-class people; it means they're emotional.
                    --Annie
                    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                    Remember Yellowdog
                    ABNY

Comment

Typical Yankee slam....but we are talking now not then. Stay current and stop living in the past.
                      Family Autograph Thread
                      http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=75871

Comment

• Originally posted by kearns643 View Post
                        Typical Yankee slam....but we are talking now not then. Stay current and stop living in the past.
                        It's a sign of desparation. When you run out of things to say or don't know what to say, just play the ole tired, worn-out #26 WS card.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
                          A sweeping classification for someone acting in a flash of high emotion, that.

Maybe he was swinging because the previous off-the-plate pitch was also called a strike.

He was angry! People sometimes throw things when they're angry. It doesn't mean that they're low-class people; it means they're emotional.
                          Gee thanks didn't know I was even capable of a sweeping classification.

I didn't say low-class. I said no class. What good are you to your team when you go for the auto eject of throwing crap and showing up the ump on national TV.

Comment

• As my Dad would say, "fiddle."

I doubt his action was premeditated; I bet he feels pretty stupid about it now. He's a decent person; he was just angry and frustrated and felt that the strike call was wrong -- which it was. I'm not saying he should have thrown his gear; he shouldn't have, of course. But I can understand it. (Very much so, since I threw my pencil at the TV.)

Oh -- and about Donnelly getting the same "strike" called -- he shouldn't have, either. Pitches out of the zone should be called balls, no matter who's throwing them.
                            --Annie
                            Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                            Remember Yellowdog
                            ABNY

Comment

Just means that Torre keeps his job for a few days more
                              sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by VTSoxFan View Post
                                As my Dad would say, "fiddle."

I doubt his action was premeditated; I bet he feels pretty stupid about it now. He's a decent person; he was just angry and frustrated and felt that the strike call was wrong -- which it was. I'm not saying he should have thrown his gear; he shouldn't have, of course. But I can understand it. (Very much so, since I threw my pencil at the TV.)
                                Funny, I spiked the closest magazine into the ground. I guess I would of been ejected too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X