Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all Beantowners better keep quiet or some big bad Yankee superstar may beat you up or something.

Oh, speaking of, anyone heard from Ken or Williamsburg? I think I saw their pic on a milk carton somewhere.
    Attached Files
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
      Y'all Beantowners better keep quiet or some big bad Yankee superstar may beat you up or something.

Oh, speaking of, anyone heard from Ken or Williamsburg? I think I saw their pic on a milk carton somewhere.

I'd just yell "It's the playoffs" and he'd probably miss me and hit himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post

I'd just yell "It's the playoffs" and he'd probably miss me and hit himself.
        In that case, he'll have to hit one into the next state. Let me know where we should look for your head ... or if we should even bother.
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Home Opening Day!!

YAZ!!!!! ORTIZ!!!!!!!! WALLY!!!!!!! PAPELBON!!!!!!!

We have Papelbon, and you do not.
          We have Dice-KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, and you do not. The sun is shining on Boston.

PLAY BALL!
          Last edited by CuriousBoston; 04-10-2007, 05:29 AM.
          Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
          Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Do the Yankees have...

A rotation that can last over 6 innings? No.
            Anyone named David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez? Nope.
            A contender? Yes, unfortunately.
            A chance to win against the Devil Rays? Doubtful.
            A crazier owner than Al Davis? Yes.

There's your 2007 Yankees sponsored by Coca-Cola.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
              Do the Yankees have...

A rotation that can last over 6 innings? No.
              Anyone named David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez? Nope.
              A contender? Yes, unfortunately.
              A chance to win against the Devil Rays? Doubtful.
              A crazier owner than Al Davis? Yes.

There's your 2007 Yankees sponsored by Coca-Cola.
              Carl Pavano pitched 7 innings on Monday. Were you paying attention?

Who needs Ortiz when we've got Alexander the Great "6 jacks in 7 games" Rodriguez, Abreu, Giambi, Jeter, Damon (remember him?) and Cano?

Contending? Hey, not for 3rd place, that's for sure!

D-Rays? Hey, glad your sights are set so low. How'd Schill do against the Royals?

The Big Stein is a legend in the Bronx. He's made us proud. We like our owners with character and who's got more of this than George? Who absolutely, positively wants to win it all every single year? Who's stated this every single time?

George Michael Steinbrenner III, that's who!

Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post

PLAY BALL!
              Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle, Berra, Dickey, Combs and many others in Cooperstown. Good thing that Cooperstown is closer to the Bronx than Beantown. That way, the trip's not that far.

We've got Mariano. Wish to compare playoff records?

We'll see how well Matsuzaka's stats compare in the MLB against real teams, not just KC. Pit him against the Yanks, Tigers, Halos, Twins and other playoff teams, then talk.

Your sun has risen, and it must set again, all locked away into a rusty old trunk. Blech!

Last edited by Mattingly; 04-11-2007, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post

PLAY BALL!
                I just got back from a cave way up in the mountains. Boy, was it dark in there. Oh well, I just heard that the score was 3-zippo. Did Dice-K deal the CG/SHO? Did he get the 1-hitter? Did Paps save the day?

Oh, and I've heard that Big Poopi & ManRam are batting .421 -- presuming you know how to add up their BAs.

Seeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaa! Don't wanna beeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Don't worry, JD (remember him?) is batting .444 right now. He should drive in Ortiz instead, if only Ortiz would get on base every now and then. :hyper:
                Last edited by Mattingly; 04-12-2007, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Guess who got beat by Bedard while I was out of town and didn't get to brag about it?

Comment

Y'all Beantowners better keep quiet or some big bad Yankee superstar may beat you up or something.

Oh don't worry about me. I'm taking everything in.

BTW, how's your Moose feeling today?

Now remind me . . . Who's your starting five today?
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Pitching, it's pitching, pitching, pitching

Who was pitching for the Ys last night? I thought I heard Posada was going to trade places with the pitchers, if the pitchers can't throw, maybe they can catch, if it's thrown right at them.

Pavano can't play today, why don't you see if Oil Can is available? Or kidnap someone from the Cape Cod league?

Seriously, the injuries are unbelievable. I think it's the cold weather, & MLB should be working on a better schedule :crossfingers: for next year, a contingency:crossfingers: plan for this year and next. Four snow days for Seattle...

Excuse...that was the Ys, they asked if I thought Gov. Arnold would be willing to pitch; Jesse Ventura turned them down.

Elmo, BigBird, and Kermit refused. They are part of Red Sox Nation.

Comment

• Well the Yankee rotation may be falling apart, but keep your heads up guys, you still have the most dominant closer in baseball history, Mariano Riv..... Oops, Nevermind.

AL EAST STANDINGS:
                        Team W-L
                        Boston 6-4
                        Toronto 7-5
                        Baltimore 6-6
                        New York 5-5
                        Tampa Bay 5-7

OUCH! Hope the AL East basement doens't flood with all the rain we've been having lately.

(Thank you Comcast for the free preview of MLB extra innings, without it, my smack talk would be delayed an hour or so)

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                          Well the Yankee rotation may be falling apart, but keep your heads up guys, you still have the most dominant closer in baseball history, Mariano Riv..... Oops, Nevermind.
                          Prepares young Williamsburgh for his first encounter of the outer space kind. See ya on Mars, pal, and tell those green men I said hello!

Comment

Prepares young Williamsburgh for his first encounter of the outer space kind. See ya on Mars, pal, and tell those green men I said hello!
                            A ha! A threat from Mattingly to make a member of Red Sox Nation to disappear, the Yankees must of lost today!

A little "sumdin sumdin" to get you Yankee fans through tomorrow's off day, just hit the "repeat" button:

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_t...e=v_free&_mp=1

Comment

• Yes, that's right!

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post

Red Sox Nation has expanded in Japan, now our advance scout, a big green man named Wally, has informed us that Mars wants to open a branch of Red Sox Nation. Wally told us to observe Mars using the Harvard Observatory, and there it was, a huge sign, welcoming Red Sox Nation. Many languages. We'll have to learn Japanese and Martian, too!

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post
                                Red Sox Nation has expanded in Japan, now our advance scout, a big green man named Wally, has informed us that Mars wants to open a branch of Red Sox Nation. Wally told us to observe Mars using the Harvard Observatory, and there it was, a huge sign, welcoming Red Sox Nation. Many languages. We'll have to learn Japanese and Martian, too!
                                *Straps CB to the launch pad at Cape Canaveral, tells her she's really in Cape Cod*

OK, CB, tell us when you get back how those green martian dudes and dudettes are. Don't forget there's no NESN down there, no Bahstunned Globe and you've been put onto a time capsule with a return date of 2090. Should be a good time to return.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X