Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you, Chris? Too bad we didn't make a bet on this series, eh?
    Originally posted by Domenic
    The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
      I'll be watching on TV or following on GameDay as best I can...
      Hopefully, Yankee pitching doesn't get trounced this time. All these SP injuries are standing between us and 1st place. Boston should not have had 7 runs in each of 3 games.

On a sidenote, DM didn't overly impress me that much. Yes, he's better than quite a few Yankee starters, but they way he was made out to be, I thought we were getting a Johan Santana or Roy Halladay type. He was good, had a gazillion pitches, but those runs hurt him. Of course, after all those Beantown back-to-back-to-back-to-back jacks, who am I to speak?

Oh yeah, the sun's not up yet on the east coast. Y'all folks get back to beddy-bye!
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        I, being the Grand Poobah of Baseball, hereby declare this weekend's series between the far superior Noo Yawk Yankees and them thar cussed Beantowners to have been null and void!

-Bud Lite

The real games shall be played this weekend in Evil Empire Headquarters. Y'all be there.
        Whoa...didn't know your'e a Sox fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
          again...POW!

Now what organization was he originally with that STUPIDLY dumped him...?
          We had Scott Brosius at the time. Stuff happens.

How's Hanley Ramirez doing right now?
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kyle- View Post
            Whoa...didn't know your'e a Sox fan!
            I'm considering changing back, since Ken didn't actually say that he'd accepted the bet.

Comment

• All Shall Bow to King Phillip!!!!!

2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Wee Willie Keeler View Post
                All Shall Bow to King Phillip!!!!!

Cute, but that spot's already taken ... by Johnny Demon, no less!

Last edited by Mattingly; 04-24-2007, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• !

Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                  I'm considering changing back, since Ken didn't actually say that he'd accepted the bet.
                  I :cap: accept on his behalf..
                  Varitek=Future Red Sox Manager
                  Boston Boxer - a Real Hero

Comment

• Hey!

Originally posted by Wee Willie Keeler View Post

Joan of Arc did pretty d*** good. My name is an adaptation of hers. Please pick the strategist in charge of the Maginot(sp) Line. Geez.

Comment

• ????

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                      Yes, I would print them out, I could use some kindiling for the yankee bondfire I've started.

Now, does this look familar?

Mr. Ruth, THIS is how you steal a base.
                      ARRGGHH! IS THAT TEK SLIDING HAND FIRST? HE KNOWS BETTER THAN THAT! By the link it's not photoshopped, please advise if otherwise.
                      Last edited by CuriousBoston; 04-24-2007, 02:20 PM.

Comment

We had Scott Brosius at the time. Stuff happens.

How's Hanley Ramirez doing right now?
                        We could have easiily subbed Dustin Pedroia in that deal. And I wasn't too happy in losing Anibal Sanchez in that deal either.

I'm glad Hanley showed what he could do..too bad he had to suffer for a year under Joey Pitbull...

Hell, I'll feel sorry for the Yankees if Steinbrenner makes Joey Pitbull your next manager...
                        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Cute, but that spot's already taken ... by Johnny Demon, no less!

Johnny Who?
                          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post
                            ARRGGHH! IS THAT TEK SLIDING HAND FIRST? HE KNOWS BETTER THAN THAT! By the link it's not photoshppped, please advise if otherwise.
                            Huh? Im confused. That's Dave Roberts.
                            Originally posted by Domenic
                            The Yankees should see if Yogi Berra can still get behind the plate - he has ten World Series rings... he must be worth forty or fifty million a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousBoston View Post
                              ARRGGHH! IS THAT TEK SLIDING HAND FIRST? HE KNOWS BETTER THAN THAT! By the link it's not photoshppped, please advise if otherwise.
                              That's Dave Roberts making "The Steal":
                              Roberts made a significant number of contributions to the Red Sox's first World Series win in 86 years. The most notable was his stolen base against the Yankees in the ALCS Game 4. Facing elimination in the bottom of the ninth inning down 4 runs to 3, Kevin Millar drew a walk from Mariano Rivera. Roberts, who had not played in 10 days, came in to pinch run. Rivera threw over to first base three times (the last almost picked off Roberts), and on the next pitch, Roberts managed to steal second base. Bill Mueller followed with a single, Roberts scored, and the Sox went on to win in 12 innings and begin their run of eight straight wins culminating in the World Championship title.
                              Source:Wikipedia.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Westlake View Post
                                Huh? Im confused. That's Dave Roberts.
                                Sorry, geez, THAT should be engraved in my brain. I saw the three, and blanked out everything else. Getting dizzy at the top of the standings. :blush:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X