Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bitter Rivals Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well, Kei Igawa pitches like an inexperienced prospect at times, and his control is usually off. He reminds me of this Yankees pitcher...what was his name again? I'm trying to figure out his name. It sounded something similar to Hi-de-kee Ir-a-BOO...



    Ten years ago, they got this Irabu person. He was supposed to be a very good ace, but he didn't live up to his name. Shortly thereafter, he went to a couple teams, then was out of baseball for good after 2002.

    Comment


    • i seem to remember the Yankees having this 3B prospect they got from the Braves in December 67..guy had a great media buildup, then did nothing in two seasons....

      I forget his name. but I heard he's back with the Braves...
      Attached Files
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        You can have him if you want him. Just send us Paps and Ortiz and we'll consider it a fair trade.

        No thanks..we already had some Bean dip in ST two years ago and it wasn't to our liking. Don't think we'll have a second helping..PLEASE feel free to keep him on YOUR squad...
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

        Comment


        • Looks like I'm going to have to print out some new pics of Clemens in a Yankee cap...my cats are also paper-trained
          sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SDL View Post
            Looks like I'm going to have to print out some new pics of Clemens in a Yankee cap...my cats are also paper-trained
            Assuming he can get past AAA.



            Clemens took a walk in Central Park today after his announcement at Yankee Stadium:

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
              Assuming he can get past AAA.



              Clemens took a walk in Central Park today after his announcement at Yankee Stadium:
              If you're not careful you might get yelled at for trampling all over his nice infield grass.
              Greystones Mariners Baseball Club. The oldest baseball club in Ireland. 16 years and still going strong.

              www.greystonesbaseball.org

              Comment


              • The perfect F you to Clemens?

                Give Beckett #21...when the Yankees come back to town.

                The Sox were nice enough to not issue it to anybody else after he left. Time to stop being nice.
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                Comment


                • Breaking News!

                  When Clemens went to sit down for his press conference he heard a pop and felt a tweak in his right leg. Turns out it was his hamstring. Doctors say it is so severe, he may not be back until early August.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
                    When Clemens went to sit down for his press conference he heard a pop and felt a tweak in his right leg. Turns out it was his hamstring. Doctors say it is so severe, he may not be back until early August.
                    I HOPE this is true
                    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                      The perfect F you to Clemens?

                      Give Beckett #21...when the Yankees come back to town.

                      The Sox were nice enough to not issue it to anybody else after he left. Time to stop being nice.
                      Heck, give Hansack #21, and have a ceremony on the mound before the game to hand him the number.


                      Originally posted by Padday
                      If you're not careful you might get yelled at for trampling all over his nice infield grass.

                      And he might wear his baseball pants up to his armpits. Do they make pinstriped trousers?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Erik Bedard View Post
                        You can tell it's been a bad week for the Yankees when...
                        When what? Dude, teams that get the smackdown from Cleveland (especially in *THEIR* house) don't get to post in here. Please revoke your lockerroom membership and please take a week off.

                        http://sportsline.com/mlb/[email protected]
                        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SDL View Post
                          The perfect F you to Clemens?

                          Give Beckett #21...when the Yankees come back to town.

                          The Sox were nice enough to not issue it to anybody else after he left. Time to stop being nice.
                          "F you"? That's not what I'm thinking, is it?

                          Dude, the only reason Beantown was "holding" this number was that they'd wanted him to retire as a Beantowner, so that they could then retire his number. I presume that Boggs, who'd retired as a milk-toothed D-Ray, had his number (#12?) retired.

                          Right now, you guys & gals (even that pipsqueak CB) are already set with Schill, Mats, Beckett (of the more than 31 flavors of ice cream/HRs variety), Wake & Tavarez. Us, we've got Wang, Pettitte, Moose, Rasner, DeSalvo (if he can repeat his performance from tonight) and that's it. Pavano may not even return for this season, and Hughes' return will be released later on. Igawa's down in the farm getting his mechanics straightened up.

                          Who else are we gonna get? We'd have to hock the farm at these trading places in order to get a quality young pitcher. Everybody and their family knows that the Yanks are in need of pitching. Clemens is quite familiar with NY, the AL East. I just hope that he can do as well back here again as in the non-DH league. If anything, we could use him as a pinch-hitter, as he's hit better than Man-CAVE-Itch in the past.
                          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

                          Comment


                          • Matt
                            I agree, you definitely needed Clemens more than we did. You realize however, he'll only be able to get you to the 5th or 6th inning. Which again brings you to your bullpen for 6 to 9 outs just to get to Mariano. Speaking of which, doesn't seem to be 'Mr. Automatic' this year.
                            To me, your bullpen is just as a problem, if not more, than your starting rotation . . . Don't you think?
                            Ken Fougère

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                              When what? Dude, teams that get the smackdown from Cleveland (especially in *THEIR* house) don't get to post in here. Please revoke your lockerroom membership and please take a week off.

                              http://sportsline.com/mlb/[email protected]
                              I wouldn't call a split with the team leading their division that bad. Certainly not "the smackdown".

                              Comment


                              • When push comes to shove . . . the statistics difference is HUGE.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by KenFougere; 05-09-2007, 02:21 AM.
                                Ken Fougère

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X