This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
    Gee, where is everybody? Seems so nice and quiet in here. I wonder what happened?
    Big deal..you guys cannot beat us at Fenway this year. 4-2 so far...I'm happy for now.

BTW...has Joey Pitbull been dreaming out loud on the air about how he wants Torre's job?
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
      Big deal..you guys cannot beat us at Fenway this year. 4-2 so far...I'm happy for now.

BTW...has Joey Pitbull been dreaming out loud on the air about how he wants Torre's job?
      Gee, I wonder if Bucky Dent has ever beaten Beantown at Fenway. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

A slow start is a slow start. That makes two series against division leaders in which we won't get swept.

Oh, and y'all can still make some noise when ya lose that you do wihen ya win!

Girardi? I can't stand people who "audition" for a job, but with the media. Was this on the YES TV broadcast?
      Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
      THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
      Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

A slow start is a slow start. That makes two series against division leaders in which we won't get swept.

Oh, and y'all can still make some noise when ya lose that you do wihen ya win!

Girardi? I can't stand people who "audition" for a job, but with the media. Was this on the YES TV broadcast?
        No idea if he said it. You may remember he was campaiging for Dusty Baker's job while he was still the Marlins manager. I figured he'd be campaigning for Torre's job this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
          No idea if he said it. You may remember he was campaiging for Dusty Baker's job while he was still the Marlins manager. I figured he'd be campaigning for Torre's job this time around.
          I'd say that the Guidry and Kerrigan thing (popular career Yankee = pitch coach vs more experienced pitch coach = bullpen coach) would be similar to Don Mattingly vs Joe Girardi.

The Yanks keep people on YES who've done good for them. With Al Leiter, despite complaining when he was a Met pitcher that his team never got sufficient coverage, he'd tried his best. He wasn't overly successful, he didn't get past 5 innings (on 100 pitches or so), but he'd preceded Randy Johnson out of the pen in an admittedly losing effort in Game 5 of the '05 ALDS (Moose started the game).

Anyway, the next spring, Leiter stayed around and retired at the beginning of the season. He then became a YES broadcaster, just as David Cone after he'd asked George for a job. Coney even went into Bleacher Creature haven (the notorious Section 39) to met with the more boisterous and loud Yankee faithful.

Girardi taught Posada, so he's not totally going away. Tony Pena now does that, but whether he becomes the manager is debatable. Will Torre be kept along? If so, for how long? If Girardi, will it be a 1-year deal?

I'd have to see how things go in that department.

Either case, y'all can make some noise, even though the Mighty Yankees have turned the table. No soup for you!

Enough chatter. I'm gonna knock your block off!

Hiya, SDL!

Last edited by Mattingly; 05-22-2007, 05:47 AM.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

Last I checked Bucky Dent wasn't playing for NY any more?

You know things are bad in NY when they get excited over avoiding a sweep. lol
            Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
            “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

Gee, where is everybody? Seems so nice and quiet in here. I wonder what happened?
              I heard the Yankees were watching this movie, over and over and over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes781 View Post

Well, you must start somewhere. :o

Comment

• All Together Now

I'm gonna tell you a story
                  I'm gonna tell you about my town
                  I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
                  Aww, it's all about my town
                  Yeah, down by the river
                  Down by the banks of the river Charles
                  (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
                  That's where you'll find me
                  Along with lovers, muggers, and thieves
                  (aw, but they're cool people)
                  Well I love that dirty water
                  Oh, Boston, you're my home
                  (oh, you're the Number One place)
                  Frustrated women
                  (I mean they're frustrated)
                  Have to be in by twelve o'clock
                  (oh, that's a shame)
                  But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
                  That just once those doors weren't locked
                  (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
                  Well I love that dirty water
                  Oh, Boston, you're my home
                  (oh, yeah)
                  Because I love that dirty water
                  Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home
                  (oh, yeah)
                  Well, I love that dirty water
                  (I love it, baby)
                  I love that dirty water
                  (I love Baw-stun)
                  I love that dirty water
                  (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
                  I love that dirty water
                  (I'm the man, I'm the man)
                  I love that dirty water
                  (Owww!)
                  I love that dirty water
                  (Come on, come on)

Comment

• Here George, these might help you get through the night...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
                      Did he get a facelift, because he's looking a little younger here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post

The more BoSox, the more BoTox!

He'll be looking like he did in his 20s by the time the season is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post

He'll be looking like he did in his 20s by the time the season is over.
                          But how would we know? They didn't have cameras back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes781 View Post

If Yankee fans are that desperate, Bucky is over here in Cincinnati. If the Yankees give us Joe Girardi, we'll give them Bucky.
                            Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• BTW...

Sorry about last night. You know Manny can't read that well and he had trouble with the sign posted behind the mound. The others however can read but they just ignored it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgartohof View Post

Actually, I'd rather see Ol' king George re-enact a certain scene from the movie Scanners...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X