This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirt Dog View Post
    Hey, I'm even being nice about all this. BTW, I felt like jumping off that bridge a few times myself.

Blame Ken, he started this whole thread. :grouchy
    Hey, just think of all the time we'd have on our hands if we didn't waste it here . . .
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
      Hey, just think of all the time we'd have on our hands if we didn't waste it here . . .
      It's a time saver for me, now I don't have to go to Yankee Stadium and shout these things. And it's safer,too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
        It's a time saver for me, now I don't have to go to Yankee Stadium and shout these things. And it's safer,too.
        Considering recent events, I think the fans at Y.S. would tend to agree with whatever your comments were . . .
        Ken Fougère

Comment

• I think Red Sox fans shouldn't be celebrating just yet. Baseball is a very strange game in which the impossible happens. Does the 2004 ALCS come to mind? The feat no team had ever accomplished and that team had just been beaten til there was only a string of life remaining. Also, at this point in 2005, the Astros (.349 Win%) were the 3rd worst team in the NL and somehow won the pennant (with a mangerial change, Yankees have another manager in the wings). Be excited, but be cautious.
          Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by nascarfn5 View Post
            I think Red Sox fans shouldn't be celebrating just yet. Baseball is a very strange game in which the impossible happens. Does the 2004 ALCS come to mind? The feat no team had ever accomplished and that team had just been beaten til there was only a string of life remaining. Also, at this point in 2005, the Astros (.349 Win%) were the 3rd worst team in the NL and somehow won the pennant (with a mangerial change, Yankees have another manager in the wings). Be excited, but be cautious.
            I agree with you. But for the Yankees to be 14.5 games behind at any part of the season is extraordinary.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by nascarfn5 View Post
              I think Red Sox fans shouldn't be celebrating just yet...Be excited, but be cautious.
              I think that the majority of Sox fans on here at BBF are level-headed and don't get that caught up in popping the champagne bottles just yet. Too many games left. This is all in fun, at least to me it is.

There will be times this season, and the next, and the next, that the Sox will not look too good. It goes around. Look at tonight, that's a loss coming unless something major happens.

Comment

I think that the majority of Sox fans on here at BBF are level-headed and don't get that caught up in popping the champagne bottles just yet. Too many games left. This is all in fun, at least to me it is.

There will be times this season, and the next, and the next, that the Sox will not look too good. It goes around. Look at tonight, that's a loss coming unless something major happens.
                What I find amazing is that the Red Sox and the Mets are the only two teams without a 3-game losing streak. The Rangers are the only team without a 3-game winning streak.
                Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• Manny, what's the Magic Number?
                  Manny being manny.jpg 2.jpg

And about to be 92! Any takers for bet on the upcoming series?

Comment

• Now this is funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                      I agree with you. But for the Yankees to be 14.5 games behind at any part of the season is extraordinary.

Enjoy it as long as it lasts...

Comment

• Guess what? I just found a picture of Yankeebiscuitfan trying to work as an exterminator, and there's an army of ants (Red Sox) behind him:

So, what do you think? Another Sox sweep? Two games out of three by Boston? We'll find out tonight in Fenway Park.

P.S. A-Rod, you're going to hear more boos than you possibly could have heard.

Comment

• Any bet takers?

Comment

• Experts Predict Man Who Plays Once Every Five Days Probably Won't Save Team

Experts Predict Man Who Plays Once Every Five Days Probably Won't Save Team
                            NEW YORK—Several leading baseball experts sent shockwaves throughout the sport Monday, making the bold—and some say outlandish—prediction that Roger Clemens, a 44-year-old man who will appear in a maximum of 130 of the 1,100 innings remaining in the Yankees' season, may not in fact be able to single-handedly vault his sub-.500 team into first place. "I am going to go out on a limb and say that this player who will perform in approximately 20 games for the rest of the year will, at the absolute most, have a positive impact on roughly 20 games," said ESPN's Rob Neyer, turning the sports world on its head. "Of course, there is always the possibility that several other Yankee pitchers and position players may begin improving in a manner coinciding with Roger Clemens' return, allowing the team to perform at a higher caliber on a daily basis and give the illusion that a man who plays once a week has saved the team. This would simply be happenstance." Some experts, however, disagree with Neyer's analysis, as New York Post columnist Joel Sherman recently claimed that Clemens will "win 30 games, mold [rookie starter] Tyler Clippard into a young Roger Clemens within a week, bat over .300 with 20-plus home runs, and make everything all better."
                            Not sure why this is on The Onion, as it is completly true.

Comment

• Brian Cashman Saves Job With Eight Shutout Innings
                              NEW YORK—As Brian Cashman watched another Yankees starting pitcher struggle during the first inning during Tuesday's game against the Blue Jays, the embattled general manager found himself unable to endure the tension any further, ripped off his tie and Oxford shirt to reveal a No. 99 Yankees jersey, and stormed onto the field to pitch eight scoreless innings. "The amazing thing is that besides Mr. Cashman having absolutely no playing experience, he didn't even warm up," Yankees pitching coach Ron Guidry said during a post-game press conference. "He wanted to go the whole game, and sure, I got booed when I pulled him, but I could see him losing a little edge on his curve[ball] around his 100th pitch and we need to save his arm for the rest of the season." Though Cashman's stellar performance received praise and admiration from Yankees fans, it was overshadowed in the national press by Washington GM Jim Bowden's complete game one-hitter.
                              Too bad they pitched Mariano in the ninth.

Comment

Now this is funny.

Praying for a pop-up to go to A-rod tonight. I believe all 38,805 Sox fans may have something to say to him:
                                fenway park a-rod.jpg

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X