This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AstrosFan View Post
    Hey Williamsburg, you ever played those numbers in your sig as your lotto numbers?

Comment

• Looks like Girardi ain't gonna manage you guys next year. Not if what his kid is wearing and got for souvenirs is any indication.

I just don't want Joey Pitbull managing the Sox. Ever!
      sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Michael Jackson, the Beatles, Chuck Berry ... the hits just keep on' comin'!

Not a bad weekend, huh? How often can John Sterling say the same thingin one game?

Anyway, thanks to ESPN, Gammons et al are running for the dubious office of El Presidente of Red Sawx Nation:

The candidates (click here).
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• (now able to exhale)

The New York express hit a snag . . .
          Last edited by KenFougere; 07-27-2007, 08:48 AM.
          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Sox have Gagne deal
            Eric Gagne has reportedly agreed to come to the Red Sox and be the setup man, according to NESN's Tom Caron. The Sox would send outfield prospects David Murphy and Engel Beltre, along with pitcher Kason Gabbard, to Texas.
            Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt1901 View Post
              To basically turn games into 6-inning contests for their opponents.
              Seriously Matt. Why were the Yankees so quiet?
              They clearly needed more help in the bullpen than we did. What's their thinking here?
              Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                Seriously Matt. Why were the Yankees so quiet?
                They clearly needed more help in the bullpen than we did. What's their thinking here?
                All this is going to do is make sure that Torre doesn't came back to the Yankees next year to manage.
                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• I had a good time last weekend, telling all the Yankee fans at Friday night's game that Guthrie and Bedard were better than anyone their team has could ever hope to be. How was your weekend?

Comment

• Clemens rocked giving up 9 hits and 8 runs in an inning and two third

Whooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. .. SPLAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                      Whooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. .. SPLAT!
                      And it was only 8-8 after 2.
                      Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

• The game was tied after 2, and still winnable . . .

Originally posted by redlegsfan21 View Post
                        And it was only 8-8 after 2.
                        I believe Clemens is still a good pitcher, although grossly overpaid. Yesterday's game was lost, not so much by Clemens' effort, but by poor defense behind him and (as usual) their incredibly weak bullpen . . .
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Ok, I now you guys are upset about the huge lead we have in the AL East, but, Mr. Cashman... Sending an assassin after Coco? C'mon now.
                          August 05, 2007
                          Coco Was Clipped
                          SEATTLE -- Coco Crisp couldn't avoid the contact

"Yeah the [Mariner] Moose clipped me," he said of the team's costumed mascot.

At first, it didn't look like the Moose-driven all-terrain vehicle had barely missed him in the fifth inning.

But after the game Crisp said he heard the Moose, the Mariners mascot, coming, but didn't see him. "Yeah I hit the ground, but my knee didn't touch, so I kept running," he said.

He said he wasn't hit flush by the all-terrain in the left knee area. He said he was fine.

Terry Francona said Mariners executive vice president of baseball operations Bill Bavasi telephoned the dugout two minutes after the incident and apologized.

Crisp finished the game. "it was just an accident," he said.

Asked if and the Moose would have dinner on the Red Sox next trip here, Crisp smiled and said, "Yeah, moose jerky."
                          Here's a mugshot of that cold hearted killer:

Comment

• I just got back from being away from baseball all weekend. How'd Schill do on his return?
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• all time cool name team

Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                              Ok, I now you guys are upset about the huge lead we have in the AL East, but, Mr. Cashman... Sending an assassin after Coco? C'mon now.

Here's a mugshot of that cold hearted killer:
                              Batista almost got Crisp with a 55 foot curve ball.

Mariner Moose Dates Jessica Simpson ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mariner Moose is denying that he dates Jessica Simpson but it's too late - he's already been mercilessly sucked in to her publicity vortex, grounded into hamburger, and spit out like he's just another Nick Lachey.
                              Jessica Simpson has fired her publicist, Rob Shuter, over his handling of U.S. media claims that the pop singer was dating the Mariner Moose, a report says. E! Online reported that Joe Simpson, Jessic's father, fired Shuter this week over the publicist`s alleged mishandling of last week`s rumors that his famous daughter and the Mariner Moose are seeing each other. Rumors have been flying at Safeco Field recently. Groundskeepers and others have witnessed a sudden extra spring in the Moose's step the past few weeks. Some people are concerned about the Moose. Maintenance personel noticed that the governor put on the Moose's three wheel motorized vehicle has been removed. The Moose has cancelled his regular visits to Children's Hospital and the Ronald Mc Donald House. One citizen reported that he watched the Moose down a quad Mocha Breve On Ice in less than a minute at Tully's Coffee. A high ranking Mariner personel, refused comment Sunday.

Last edited by Rennie Stennett; 08-07-2007, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
                                I just got back from being away from baseball all weekend. How'd Schill do on his return?
                                Cute.

Well, certainly not as bad as Chien-Ming Wang did.
                                Allowing a career-high eight runs and nine hits over 2 2/3 innings, his shortest career outing . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X