This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
    Oh THAT Becket. The Becket who's not perfect anymore. The Becket who was touched for 6 EARNED runs. The Becket who allowed TWO HOMERUNS, and that was not even in Coors Field. :o Yeah now I know which Becket.

Slowly you guys must get a bit nervous. Within three weeks from a 13.5 game lead to a 7.5 game lead. You can't tell me that it doesn't affect you.
    Don't know anybody namerd BECKET...
    sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
      Don't know anybody namerd BECKET...
      Frontrunner!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post

Yankee fans celebrate thier 9.5 games back deficit dropping to 8.5 games.
        That's a nice pic of Times Square on New Year's Eve. Every New Yorker recognizes this as well as Dick Clark's hosting it.

It's now 7.5 as Andy was Dandy and Beckett gave up a grand salami and got rocked by the Rockies!

Looks like he'd even put a little extra sauce on it, and some cheese, too!

Hey, good thing you Beantowners love a great baseball game, and I'm so happy you'd thrown a party in Denver's honor!

Originally posted by nascarfn5 View Post
        I got yelled at by a tour guide at Fenway Park for knowing too much. Of course, I guess she didn't realize that Cincinnati is baseball (crappy baseball, but baseball).
        The Beantowners only want to hear that 2004 was their year. Did you remind them of several big stars on their teams from the past who didn't get any rings? Everything's supposed to be "We're the best, Yankees [you-know-what]".

Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

In retrosepct, I'm kinda glad Danny Boy sent him to Montreal for Pedro...
          Yeah, I remember he was part of that Pedro trade. Omar Minaya was the Expos' GM (now the Mets' GM), and from DD, he'd gotten Beckett and a few others. From the Yanks, he'd wanted Mo and someone else. How can someone ask for Mariano from us, but accept Beckett from Boston? Reminds me of when the Snakes asked for Nicky Johnson and Soriano for Schill, but took Casey Fossum and Shea Hillenbrand from Beantown.
          Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
          THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
          Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
            Yeah, I remember he was part of that Pedro trade. Omar Minaya was the Expos' GM (now the Mets' GM), and from DD, he'd gotten Beckett and a few others. From the Yanks, he'd wanted Mo and someone else. How can someone ask for Mariano from us, but accept Beckett from Boston? Reminds me of when the Snakes asked for Nicky Johnson and Soriano for Schill, but took Casey Fossum and Shea Hillenbrand from Beantown.
            Beckett? You mean Pavano. We gave you Pavano and Tony Armas Jr. for Pedro. I knew to get a Pedro we'd have to give up a Pavano, but I didn't like seeing Tony Armas Jr. going, especially when we'd gotten him and Jim Mecir earlier in the year from you guys for Mike Stanley and a minor leaguer. We let Mecir go in the expansion draft to the 'Rays, so it basically boiled down to Pedro for Mike Stanley and a minor leaguer (Randy Brown).

We also still got Schill. None of the players the D'Backs got are still with them.

Comment

• 14.5 to 7.5 in 16 days... haha at this rate we win the division by I think its, 25 games

Comment

In retrosepct, I'm kinda glad Danny Boy sent him to Montreal for Pedro...
                Speaking of trades involving Red Sox pitchers that became Yankees check out who's pitching for the Yankees today.....
                2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Mission27 View Post
                  14.5 to 7.5 in 16 days... haha at this rate we win the division by I think its, 25 games
                  We got incredibly bored being so far ahead, that we figured we'd throw you a bone with a string attached.
                  When you get close, we'll just pull on the string and take it away . . .
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                    We got incredibly bored being so far ahead, that we figured we'd throw you a bone with a string attached.
                    When you get close, we'll just pull on the string and take it away . . .
                    Sure Ken. Keep on dreaming. I don't buy that.

It is the same b......t, when I would say: "Well, we wanted to have some extra challenge. That is why we let you run away from us. Now we are catcing up again."

No Ken, just face it. You guys are in a SLUMP.

Don't worry, you will get out of it, I think halfway September. By then we will have a 20 game lead...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mission27 View Post
                      14.5 to 7.5 in 16 days...
                      It only took us around that many games to get there in the 1st place. Try not to wet yourself too much. The fact is the Sox haven't been hitting all season thus far so when we do the lead will be back to where it was & more so.
                      Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
                      “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

Sure Ken. Keep on dreaming. I don't buy that.

It is the same b......t, when I would say: "Well, we wanted to have some extra challenge. That is why we let you run away from us. Now we are catching up again."

No Ken, just face it. You guys are in a SLUMP.

Don't worry, you will get out of it, I think halfway September. By then we will have a 20 game lead...
                        A slump, you say?

Well, considering your teams' first hand experience of being in one that lasted for 2 months (:choke ,
                        I guess I'll have to take your word on that.
                        Last edited by KenFougere; 06-15-2007, 12:08 PM.
                        Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                          A slump, you say?

Well, considering your teams' first hand experience of being in one that lasted for 2 months (:choke ,
                          I guess I'll have to take your word on that.
                          You are absolutely right. We were in a slump. But we are out of it. And you guys are in it right now.

Nothing to be ashamed of though. But you have to suffer the mocking of us Yankee fans and other people that dislike the Red Sox... (once again )

Comment

• You do realize we got this huge lead w/o the usual production from Manny & Ortiz right? Meanwhile A-Rod's been on a record setting tear 2/3 months so far. The main reason you're hot NOW is because you finally have some semblence of a pitching rotation. But you're banking on these geriatric arms to last all season & that A-Rod will continue his stellar performance late in the season. The difference is we have guys like Lester waiting in the wings in case Tavarez or Wakefield need to be spelled.
                            Dustin Pedroia was asked what the Red Sox need to do to turn it around. They have lost six straight and 14 of 21.
                            “I don’t know. I’m not a magic person. I just play second base,” he said.

Comment

You are absolutely right. We were in a slump. But we are out of it. And you guys are in it right now.

Nothing to be ashamed of though. But you have to suffer the mocking of us Yankee fans and other people that dislike the Red Sox... (once again )
                              I'm used to BS from Yankee fans. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 15 years. Lauderdale is unofficially a "southern borough" of NYC...65% of the population are from NYC.

Comment

I'm used to BS from Yankee fans. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 15 years. Lauderdale is unofficially a "southern borough" of NYC...65% of the population are from NYC.
                                You don't wanna call my highly intelligent remark BS don't you?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X