This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
    [INDENT][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"][B]Well, I've been away for a few days.
    I just got today's paper.
    Give me a minute to find the sports section...and now the standings . . . Mmmm, let me see.
    Gee, I'm pretty satisfied. How 'bout you?
    Due to technical limitations, this thread will be closed briefly for, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... renovations!

Not only do these people not know which city they play in, but they wear some ugly uniforms also.
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
    Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
    THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
    Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• We've finally gotten back to reality. Thank you, Tampa Bay!

Now if only the Pale Hose can be just as tough as Wednesday's game.
      Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post
        We've finally gotten back to reality. Thank you, Tampa Bay!

Now if only the Pale Hose can be just as tough as Wednesday's game.
        I was at the game. Was funny to see the bandwagon Rays fans think they were hot (stuff). Amazing how they think yelling "BOSTON SUCKS" is gonna hurt us.
        sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
          I was at the game. Was funny to see the bandwagon Rays fans think they were hot (stuff). Amazing how they think yelling "BOSTON SUCKS" is gonna hurt us.
          Just remember, TB = Yankee Stadium South South (yeah, twice). Just as Camden Yards is alternatively Yankee Stadium South or Fenway South, Tampa Bay is where the Yanks have their MiLB team, and where George lives, has his TB group of FO people.

Now that we've finally won a game in Yankee Stadium West (trust me, there weren't many fans in Anaheim before 2002), they can return to attempting to figure out which city they play in.

Anyway, off to Motown, then we'll see one team out there (I tend to forget their name, but not that they're important or anything). Anyway, wish us luck, and eventually, I'll wish you folks the same ... in April or so!

Comment

Just remember, TB = Yankee Stadium South South (yeah, twice). Just as Camden Yards is alternatively Yankee Stadium South or Fenway South, Tampa Bay is where the Yanks have their MiLB team, and where George lives, has his TB group of FO people.

Now that we've finally won a game in Yankee Stadium West (trust me, there weren't many fans in Anaheim before 2002), they can return to attempting to figure out which city they play in.

Anyway, off to Motown, then we'll see one team out there (I tend to forget their name, but not that they're important or anything). Anyway, wish us luck, and eventually, I'll wish you folks the same ... in April or so!
            I think Jeter lives in tampa too
            LETS GO YANKEES!

Comment

• Originally posted by JordanDL3891 View Post
              I think Jeter lives in tampa too
              From what I've read in the local scribes (gossip columns of the NY Post & Daily News), Derek Jeter lives somewhere in Midtown Manhattan on the East Side. With his salary, he could have a "2nd or 3rd house" down there, but who knows?

Anyway, rain, rain, go away, we need Beantown to lose today!

Comment

• You're back to 5 games behind, already? I thought I threw all the New York Yankees' fanbase in jail for coming back too soon. Guess I'll have to throw them BACK in! Here's a picture of the prison cell I'll throw you all in:

White Sox vs. Red Sox? As long as the Red Sox know what they're doing, they should net a series win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                  You're back to 5 games behind, already? I thought I threw all the New York Yankees' fanbase in jail for coming back too soon. Guess I'll have to throw them BACK in! Here's a picture of the prison cell I'll throw you all in:

White Sox vs. Red Sox? As long as the Red Sox know what they're doing, they should net a series win.
                  Where's that pic? Rikers? The Tombs? Sing Sing?

Comment

Anyway, rain, rain, go away, we need Beantown to lose today!
                    Reading the above, brought back memories of many past seasons.

It also shows how much the tables have turned . . .
                    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Tim Wakefield allowed three hits in seven shutout innings
                      and joined teammate Josh Beckett as the major league’s only 16-game winners . . .

Daisuke Matsuzaka's record could have been 19-4.
                      But 6 of his 10 losses, were 'Tough Losses'. (Quality Starts with no run support.)
                      Last edited by KenFougere; 08-25-2007, 06:52 PM.
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                        Tim Wakefield allowed three hits in seven shutout innings
                        and joined teammate Josh Beckett as the major league’s only 16-game winners . . .

Daisuke Matsuzaka's record could have been 19-4.
                        But 6 of his 10 losses, were 'Tough Losses'. (Quality Starts with no run support.)
                        Not to mention Wake's 22 straight shutout innings...

Comment

• My vision must be going.... Is that a 1 in front of that 6 where the Tiger's score is? That can't be right....
                          Last edited by Williamsburg2599; 08-27-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
                            My vision must be going.... Is that a 1 in front of that 6 where the Tiger's score is? That can't be right....
                            This must be a belated April Fool's Joke

Next three games will be fun to watch

Comment

• What was Monday night's final score again? Was it something like 16-0 Tigers? Yes? Well, the Moose got the noose by Tigers batters, and poor pitching doomed New York badly. Tonight, it's a raid in the Bronx against the Bronx Bomb(er)s.

I'm hoping what's his name puts bets on the Yankees again, so I could see him with a Boston Red Sox avatar.

Comment

• I'd say that moose-hunting season starts early in Michigan...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X