This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaseballDude89 View Post
    This thread was actually started 2/6/03, not 2/6/02.
    Actually, I started it on February 2, 2002.

A past moderator screwed it up while trying to modify it, it was erased and then resurrected.
    A lot of the beginning posts were lost for good . . .
    Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by Yankeebiscuitfan View Post
      Too bad pal. A sweep is out of the question.

GETTING NERVOUS ALREADY BOSTON??????
      Nervous? A little. I think more excited.
      Until now the season has been a little boring with no competition.

But ultimately, the team with the superior pitching will succeed . . .

. . . the Yankees of the late 90's taught me that.
      Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtime39 View Post
        Orioles take two out of three at Fenway Park at Camden Yards...now they're headed north to sweep the Yankee$. They may not be in the race, but they may decide the race...
        You do realize, don't you, that had you it been your bullpen that would've blown the lead that badly, I'd have driven yourself and Erik Bedard from this BR thread, don't ya?

Hey, Beantown, your first series loss to Baltimore since 2005. That Baltimore Crab Feast beats the New England chowda! No soup for Ken, SDL, Williamsburg!

Now then, Beantowners, how's that Eric Gagné signing doin' so far?

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now!

Last edited by Mattingly; 08-14-2007, 05:45 PM.
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
        Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
        THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
        Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Thanks to the Bostonians (and other members of RSN) for taking it easy on us last night. After Scooter's passing, I've been more worried about this than anything else. Appreciate it.

I see that Gagne finally corrected himself last night.
          Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
            Nervous? A little. I think more excited.
            Until now the season has been a little boring with no competition.

But ultimately, the team with the superior pitching will succeed . . .

. . . the Yankees of the late 90's taught me that.
            Superior pitching? Like Gagné is pitching lately? Well, in that case we don't have to worry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattingly View Post

Now then, Beantowners, how's that Eric Gagné signing doin' so far?
              I'll tell you what.

Watch him get the "Hold" in the final game of this years' World Series and you be the judge . . .

Last edited by KenFougere; 08-16-2007, 09:46 AM.
              Ken Fougère

Comment

Thanks to the Bostonians (and other members of RSN) for taking it easy on us last night. After Scooter's passing, I've been more worried about this than anything else. Appreciate it.
                Hey, no problem.
                How could anyone not have respect for such a great baseball icon.
                People like him and our own Johnny Pesky are very special, sentimental favorites indeed . . .
                Last edited by KenFougere; 08-17-2007, 03:22 PM.
                Ken Fougère

Comment

• Clay Buchholz pitched well in his debut and earns his first big league victory with 3 ER, 5 SO in 6 innings pitched.

Everybody got in on the offensive action for the Sox, with Papi leading the way with a first inning blast.
                  Pedroia added a monster shot and Drew went 3-5 . . .
                  Last edited by KenFougere; 08-17-2007, 04:59 PM.
                  Ken Fougère

Comment

Hey, no problem.
                    People like him and our own Johnny Pesky are very special, sentimental favorites indeed . . .
                    Thanks. I've just been in mourning for Scooter. I'll likely be OK for this weekend.

I don't know about Beantown, but it's pouring cats & dogs down here in NY/NJ, so I don't know if we'll have Game 2 in Boston or tonight's in NY.

Your own Bobby Doerr is now the oldest living HoFer.

Comment

Thanks. I've just been in mourning for Scooter. I'll likely be OK for this weekend.

I don't know about Beantown, but it's pouring cats & dogs down here in NY/NJ, so I don't know if we'll have Game 2 in Boston or tonight's in NY.
                      I just checked the radar. Both games should have no problem being completed . . .
                      Last edited by KenFougere; 08-17-2007, 08:46 PM.
                      Ken Fougère

Comment

I just checked the radar. Both games should have no problem being completed . . .
                        Sooooooooooooooo, Ken, I haven't checked the scoreboards yet. Please enlighten me. How'd Sunday's games end up? Yanks lose? Beantown won? We must be at least 10 games back by now!

HOLY COW!

Comment

• There seems to be no end of this. Someone stop the Yankees from winning the AL East, or they'll end up winning, again! This cannot be allowed, and I don't want another repeat of 1978. Do I want that to happen? Nope. Does every Yankee fan want that to happen? Yes.

I'm hoping Francona doesn't pull a Don Zimmer in 1978, because I'll be mad if that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post

I'm hoping Francona doesn't pull a Don Zimmer in 1978, because I'll be mad if that happens.
                            One thing about Tito, he doesn't seem to buckle under pressure. There are some aspects of his managing that I'm not crazy about, but the guy stays cool. If I remember correctly, Francona's life was at risk from blood clots twice...maybe that gave him a perspective that the outcome of a pennant race is not quite equivalent to life and death.
                            "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

• Originally posted by Solair Wright View Post
                              There seems to be no end of this. Someone stop the Yankees from winning the AL East, or they'll end up winning, again! This cannot be allowed, and I don't want another repeat of 1978. Do I want that to happen? Nope. Does every Yankee fan want that to happen? Yes.

All depends. Which version of da Bronx Zoo do you prefer? Either case, there's the ole chant:

We did it before and we can do it again!

Beware of 1-game playoffs, especially if a ball is hit to LF (a la Bucky Dent (#20) and Aaron Boone (#19) from 2003). Anyway, Damon wears #18, so he's next in line to break your hearts!
                              Last edited by Mattingly; 08-20-2007, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Hey, no problem.
                                How can I not respect a man who made a cameo on one of the best rock song ever, "Paradise By the dashboard Light"...?

And a true confession here. He and I shared the same nickname, althogh for the first 14 years of my life I never knew it was his nickname as well
                                sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X