This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
    Alright, here's my bet. If the Yankees (somehow) win the division, I will wear a Yankees avatar until Spring Training of the 2008 season begins. But if the Red Sox win, the accepter of the bet has to wear a Red Sox avatar of my choice until The New Year (since the odds are in the Red Sox favor). Any takers?
    If that bet was made the opposite way after the 2004 WS you would have had to use a Yankees avatar.

How about this, if the Yankees last longer than the Red Sox do than you have to wear and Yankees avatar and sig until Manny reports to ST

If the Red Sox last longer than the Yankees than I have to wear a Red Sox avatar and sig until New Years Day

Since the Red Sox have the division lead and the Yankees are 4th in the WC than you would have to use the Yankees avatar and sig longer than I would have to wear the Red Sox avatar and sig. Scared?
    2009 World Series Champions, The New York Yankees

Comment

• Originally posted by Mariano_Rivera View Post
      If that bet was made the opposite way after the 2004 WS you would have had to use a Yankees avatar.

How about this, if the Yankees last longer than the Red Sox do than you have to wear and Yankees avatar and sig until Manny reports to ST

If the Red Sox last longer than the Yankees than I have to wear a Red Sox avatar and sig until New Years Day

Since the Red Sox have the division lead and the Yankees are 4th in the WC than you would have to use the Yankees avatar and sig longer than I would have to wear the Red Sox avatar and sig. Scared?
      Deal. But if neither win the playoffs or if neither makes it pass the ALDS, is it there a tie? Maybe we should have to wear Devil Ray avatars. Remember the rules, as always, no editing posts that contain bet information and all that stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamsburg2599 View Post
        Deal. But if neither win the playoffs or if neither makes it pass the ALDS, is it there a tie? Maybe we should have to wear Devil Ray avatars. Remember the rules, as always, no editing posts that contain bet information and all that stuff.
        Than we both lose and have to wear the other team's avatar and sig until the WS ends.

Comment

• A little quiet now after that sparkling performance by 38pitches/inning?

Comment

A little quiet now after that sparkling performance by 38pitches/inning?

Are you a little quiet now that somebody is 10-1?
            sigpicMan, do I *HATE* the Yankees!!!!!!

Comment

Than we both lose and have to wear the other team's avatar and sig until the WS ends.
              Ok. Deal.

Comment

• Disregard that, Curt Schilling is okay. But the Yankees aren't okay in the Rocky Mountains because they lost last night! Come on, Rockies, get a series win to banish them from Coors Field, once and for all.
                Last edited by Solair Wright; 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• I'll bet consumption of Maalox/Pepto Bismol/Tums went up in The Bronx...

Comment

• I`ll trade one bad series for the demise of Curt Schilling.

Comment

• BTW...

Dice-K is now 2-0 in PETCO Park...

Comment

• And Wakefield looks to be 2-0 against the 'dres tonight too.

Comment

• A Chicago Sun-Times story Sunday said the White Sox could be on the verge of trading left-hander Mark Buehrle, who can become a free agent after this season. According to the report, **the Boston Red Sox are the most serious suitors right now.

** Question: Why wouldn't the Yankees go after him hard?
                          Ken Fougère

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                            A Chicago Sun-Times story Sunday said the White Sox could be on the verge of trading left-hander Mark Buehrle, who can become a free agent after this season. According to the report, **the Boston Red Sox are the most serious suitors right now.

Would Theo or Leisure Suit Larry find that chair he'd thrown through the hotel window if he lands Contreras?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to Red Sawx Nation Fantasizers having a wee bit too much fun in here, this thread will again be closed for spring cleaning. Or would that be summer cleaning?

Oh, whatever, no soup for any of you (unless it's some deee-LISH-i-ous Yankee navy bean soup)!

Last edited by Mattingly; 06-26-2007, 04:12 AM.
                            Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting. 2007-11 CBA
                            Rest very peacefully, John “Buck” O'Neil (1911-2006) & Philip Francis “Scooter” Rizzuto (1917-2007)
                            THE BROOKLYN DODGERS - 1890 thru 1957
                            Montreal Expos 1969 - 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by KenFougere View Post
                              A Chicago Sun-Times story Sunday said the White Sox could be on the verge of trading left-hander Mark Buehrle, who can become a free agent after this season. According to the report, **the Boston Red Sox are the most serious suitors right now.

Because they probably don't have any prospects that the ChiSox would want in return...

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                                Because they probably don't have any prospects that the ChiSox would want in return...
                                (tongue-in-cheek) Well, maybe they could offer say, Damon, Giambi and Abreu as a package deal?

Nah. The White Sox would never take a chance like that on over-(priced & the hill) players . . .
                                Ken Fougère

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X